Sign in to follow this  
antonb21

Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave

antonb21

Can anybody help, please? I'm looking to buy Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave.

I have been using it since I started shaving, about 40 years ago. Suddenly its

discontinued, and I can't find any stock. Last time I got from Checkers, and also

Clicks, but they don't have any left. Surely somewhere somebody is sitting on stock?

wayjen

20141007_071516.jpg.bd5100fee05f83ea9a06ac5bacdf1cbd.jpg

Is this the one? Have you tried looking online because maybe online stores are carrying the product?

voldermort

discontinued, and I can't find any stock. Last time I got from Checkers, and also

Clicks, but they don't have any left. Surely somewhere somebody is sitting on stock?

It has been discontinued in SA - however a lot of pharmacies do have old stock. Best bet is to phone the pharmacies in the suburbs (out of town) & check.

Not1CentMore

I can get this side:

Aqua.jpg.c31134706010651d36f1c8ce386e35fd.jpg

207 ml bottle. If you'd like me to list, let me know.

Ruthie

antonb21

Hi Ruthie,

How much does it retail for, please?

Not1CentMore
Hi Ruthie,

How much does it retail for, please?

If I purchase in lot of 12, I can get for $85.00USD... around $7.00USD each (includes our 9.5% sales tax).

This is a special order through local drug store. Not in stock, but they will order in and I can pick up and ship to you. If you can find for less your side, that is the way to go, but if not, this may be an option.

Ruthie

POST NOTE: My apologies. I will not be able to ship.

According to USPS website: It's illegal to ship hazmat without a federal permit. Perfume & Aftershave containing alcohol is prohibited on air transportation, and can only be shipped domestically via surface transportation and is prohibited in international shipments.

It CAN be shipped FedEx, UPS, DHL but they charge a special handling fee as items containing alcohol are highly combustible and require special packaging and 'securing' when being shipped via air overseas. This fee is in addition to 'normal' courier charges.

Edited by Not1CentMore
Post Note on Shipping Hazardous Materials Overseas

antonb21

Thank you for the responses. I have been in contact with Unilever, Durban, who were the distributors of Aqua Velva. It has been

discontinued, however, it is possible that another distributor is going to take up the rights. I'm still not sure that the Aqua Velva that

Unilever distributed and the one from J. B Williams, USA, is the same product.

Thanks Ruthie, but $85.00 is a bit much for me. Appreciate the help.

I was fortunate that Unilever send me their last remain stock, 6 bottles, free of charge. A BIG SHOUT OUT to them, that's is really awesome.

Ilya2005

TONS of Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave on this side of the Atlantic. Here's a website that sells bottles for just over $4/US each. I don't know what shipping would be to SA, but, using UPS, DHL or FedEx wouldn't be prohibitive and would go around SAPO's current problems, I believe.

Here is the link (if BOB will let me post that link) Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue, Cooling After Shave | drugstore.com

Ilya2005