Sign in to follow this  
LURI

Sellers OVERCHARGING on SAPO/ courier fees!

LURI

Just come across a shipping Overcharging issue by a specific BoB seller, i think this is a much bigger problem than we think - there are sellers here on BoB that use this - overcharging on shipping/ courier/ post office on a continuous basis AND WORST OF ALL, they use this as a money making scheme and from wat i have noticed, this has been a problem for a very long time. On my case for example - the seller uses SAPO - which charges +/- R22.57 for a SA delivery (its a CD) across the country delivery - i paid them R50, then he says i should paid R100 - i paid R100 for delivery SAPO "door to door(??????)", R100 for an item that weighs less than 100 grams, that should cost R23 via SAPO!!!! Now he wants R150 sapo "door to door" ????? To me this is an absolute rip off and the seller - a very big seller on BoB is clearly RIPPING BUYERS OFF with this OVERCHARGING (he has dozens and dozens of products for sale @ R1 each week) MONEY MAKING Technic & TOOL!! I think this must be brought to every one's attention and BoB must DEAL with this issue promptly and with sellers that abuse this system.

MiemsJewels

Please keep in mind that there is a postal strike on at the moment. The seller probably use Aramax or Berco (Pick & Pay dropbox) The cost is R100 per sleeve. It do not include any petrol or other expenses. Some sellers make use of other courier companies which is more expensive.

As for the R22.57 for SA shipping: We have to pay for the envelope and other package material. We do not get it for free.

Edited by MiemsJewels

Free Soul Styles

I must agree with MiemsJewels.

1. He is probably using a courier for door to door, and that does cost extra especially if it is outlying or rural areas. The SA Post Office is not an option at this point.

2. It costs R23.00 for registered letter which is under 300 grams and a certain size, like a normal letter envelope. If the item is large but under 300 grams it will cost a bit more, but that fee still does not include the packaging material ( as envelopes, bubble wrap etc is not free), and some buyers do charge an additional handling fee, time spent standing in the line, petrol etc (in my personal opinion that's a bit much, but to each their own), or an extra fee on additional items.

I have noticed some sellers selling items for under R100.00 and then charging R50.00 for the first item and R15.00/R20.00 for additional items. I got caught out bidding on 6 items and only after did i see the additional amount per item was almost half of what the dang things cost in the first place... Needless to say, i was peeved off, but that was my own fault.

Always read the shipping table carefully and ask questions if unsure before bidding or buying, that will save a lot of hassle in the end

LURI

Overcharging on shipping - sapo!

I must agree with MiemsJewels.

1. He is probably using a courier for door to door, and that does cost extra especially if it is outlying or rural areas. The SA Post Office is not an option at this point.

2. It costs R23.00 for registered letter which is under 300 grams and a certain size, like a normal letter envelope. If the item is large but under 300 grams it will cost a bit more, but that fee still does not include the packaging material ( as envelopes, bubble wrap etc is not free), and some buyers do charge an additional handling fee, time spent standing in the line, petrol etc (in my personal opinion that's a bit much, but to each their own), or an extra fee on additional items.

I have noticed some sellers selling items for under R100.00 and then charging R50.00 for the first item and R15.00/R20.00 for additional items. I got caught out bidding on 6 items and only after did i see the additional amount per item was almost half of what the dang things cost in the first place... Needless to say, i was peeved off, but that was my own fault.

Always read the shipping table carefully and ask questions if unsure before bidding or buying, that will save a lot of hassle in the end

REPLY:

He/SHE/IT (seller) is using SAPO - after I specifically asked him/her/ it NOT TO - SAPO is r23 for a package under 1kg! envelop costs R1!! item is a CD - 1 CD.

LURI

Exactly - (the seller never used Aramax or Berco (Pick & Pay dropbox), he/ she / it used SAPO!!! AFTER I asked SPECIFICALLY to the seller - pse don't send via SAPO - NOT only that - I paid extra (R100) to have it sent via courier, then 2 weeks later he/she/it writes to me saying, now price for "shipping" is R150....... envelope R1,.......... yea I could also find a dozen other reasons to excuse overcharging,

LURI

Exactly - (the seller never used Aramax or Berco (Pick & Pay dropbox), he/ she / it used SAPO!!! AFTER I asked SPECIFICALLY to the seller - pse don't send via SAPO - NOT only that - I paid extra (R100) to have it sent via courier, then 2 weeks later he/she/it writes to me saying, now price for "shipping" is R150....... envelope R1,.......... yea I could also find a dozen other reasons to excuse overcharging,

wayjen

People using shipping costs to make money are an every day occurrence and unless reported to BoB, these people will carry on and on but I am not sure what this issue is about.

You say SAPO charges R23 with a R1 envelope BUT you asked the seller NOT to send via the SAPO but to send via courier. How much are courier fees then? If a seller only uses SAPO and a buyer asks that the item be sent another route, why should they not put up the price then, the seller must now go off his normal routine to get the item to the buyer so has to adjust prices accordingly.

MiemsJewels

Where can I get hold of these envelopes at R1 each Luri? I'll rather use them instead of the Post Office's Jiffy Lite padded envelopes. Sure will make my shipping costs lower.

Three weeks ago the post offices still accepted speedservice parcels. Now ALL our speed service parcels are kept "hostage" at the hubs.

Thanks to all my understanding and patient buyers. You are TOPS! To my not-so-happy buyers, thanks for your patients too.

Edited by MiemsJewels