Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

My first negative :-D

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I received my first negative rating this evening. It was in connection with a Bakelite radio

Appliances - Philco Tropic bakelite radio - B3101B was sold for R220.00 on 24 Sep at 23:47 by amcintyre in East London (ID:161743507)

The buyer didn't contact me previously to tell me that SAPO had destroyed the package. I really took a lot of effort to ensure that everything was substantially packed, bubble wrapped and filled with packing material.

Is there any recourse as I feel that this rating is really unfair? I had one previous incident as well with extensive damage done by SAPO.

I have closed my other listings as I can't afford to take more rating hits because of the post office. If I list anything further it will be collection only or if the buyer sends their own courier. I also think that listing items on the Crazy Wednesday sometimes creates a delusion in the buyer's mind that they will get things at extreme bargain prices and that the seller stands accountable for SAPO's incompetence.

It appears to the be season of disgruntled buyers at the moment for me....

admin    0
admin

Hi amcintyre,

You must first contact the buyer and try to resolve the matter with them. Should that fail, you can email hello@bidorbuy.co.za, with the details, to appeal the negative rating.

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

Thanks - I have already contacted the buyer and offered a complete refund as the damage was due to circumstances out of my control. I received the following reply "Receiving a broken item isn't going to get a positive response. It has nothing to do with the seller, merely the item in question." I really don't think that we will come to an amicable agreement with regard to their negative rating of me. As they have rated me negatively due to SAPO.

I am so frustrated with SAPO at the moment. I have 12 items I bought off various BOB sellers that are stranded across the length and breadth of South Africa. However, I am not going to take my frustration regarding SAPO's incompetence out on the BOB sellers by rating them negatively. I still hope that I will receive my items and that they won't have been destroyed in SAPO's workers' industrial action.

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

Update : The buyer has now agreed to a refund and that they may keep the radio.

I suggested an SNC and complete refund (including postage). Which I filed. The buyer then rejected the SNC stating that they still intend to complete the sale and make payment. ..........................................................................................................

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
Update : The buyer has now agreed to a refund and that they may keep the radio.

I suggested an SNC and complete refund (including postage). Which I filed. The buyer then rejected the SNC stating that they still intend to complete the sale and make payment. ..........................................................................................................

Yeah, it seems like some people feel offended when they receive a SNC via e-mail. I think they interpret it like some kind of summons, some go ape about it doesn't matter how you try to make them understand what the purpose is:suspicious:

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Thanks - I have already contacted the buyer and offered a complete refund as the damage was due to circumstances out of my control. I received the following reply "Receiving a broken item isn't going to get a positive response. It has nothing to do with the seller, merely the item in question." I really don't think that we will come to an amicable agreement with regard to their negative rating of me. As they have rated me negatively due to SAPO.

I am so frustrated with SAPO at the moment. I have 12 items I bought off various BOB sellers that are stranded across the length and breadth of South Africa. However, I am not going to take my frustration regarding SAPO's incompetence out on the BOB sellers by rating them negatively. I still hope that I will receive my items and that they won't have been destroyed in SAPO's workers' industrial action.

So you get a negative ,,Yeeeha,,rate smiley and state the facts ,item destroyed by post , i dont think it will affect anything. Or any future sales

RISadler    10
RISadler
So you get a negative ,,Yeeeha,,rate smiley and state the facts ,item destroyed by post , i dont think it will affect anything. Or any future sales

I agree. Plus, it prevents "ratings blackmail" buyers from taking advantage of your 100% status.