Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Advice please

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

A buyer bought several pairs of earrings in early August. Parcel was dispatched (econoparcel) and she collected it 3 days later on 19 August.

Buyer has now emailed me (1 October) claiming that one pair of earrings was not in the parcel. I distinctly remember including this particular pair in to the parcel as it was one of my favourites and I pack all parcels myself.

What do I do now? I've emailed the buyer stating the above and that it was definitely included. I've checked my stock list, the office, the earring boards, etc (just in case) and it is not here. She too runs a shop and claims that it is not on her side. How do I tell the customer that she may be in the wrong? (ie. notifying me immediately instead of six weeks later)

I feel bad about the situation, but I can't simply "give" away nearly R300 where I know the item was included.

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline

I had the same situation a while back, the client was claiming that a part of the order was not included in the parcel. It was a charger that is included in the package from the factory, I did ask her to make 100% sure, as I to made sure that everything is included is as it should be, she replied with a very offensive attitude that I am insulting her intelligence :wtf: Well in the end I had to break up another set and send her the suspect item, the value is about R150. I just came to the conclusion that if she are lying about it, karma will bite her in the end in some sort of way and that a negative rating is not worth the R150 + postage. She gave me a neutral, and I think if I didn't do what I have done it would have changed to negative, it was changed to positive though.

It's very difficult to proof that your item was indeed in the parcel, so I can only hope that you can sort it out.

Cali Craft and Gems

This buyer has given me grief in the past, but that is another issue entirely.

She is also pushing me for a reply (ie nagging) by repeating how good a customer she is, etc.

I know for a fact that the item was in the parcel, but how sure is she that someone else did not take it after she opened it on her side? After all it has taken her over six weeks after fetching the parcel to let me know there is an issue!?!?

Cuan - what would you recommend?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

This one sounds so familiar. Also had a buyer who tells me what a good buyer she is.

Cali Craft and Gems

Just looked at her "good buying spree" - one item in April (which is the one she had a hissy fit about), then the second order on 24 July (took 2 weeks to pay), then the third one paid for a few days later... then silence until this week.

My main reason for not wanting to refund her (which she is implying I should do or "supply" the earrings) is that she took six weeks to let me know there was an issue. Surely if you open a parcel and an item is missing you follow it up immediately?

Hubby seems to think she is taking a chance to see "if" she can get something out of me.

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
Just looked at her "good buying spree" - one item in April (which is the one she had a hissy fit about), then the second order on 24 July (took 2 weeks to pay), then the third one paid for a few days later... then silence until this week.

My main reason for not wanting to refund her (which she is implying I should do or "supply" the earrings) is that she took six weeks to let me know there was an issue. Surely if you open a parcel and an item is missing you follow it up immediately?

Hubby seems to think she is taking a chance to see "if" she can get something out of me.

Yeah...6 Weeks...I agree, something smells bad about this.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
A buyer bought several pairs of earrings in early August. Parcel was dispatched (econoparcel) and she collected it 3 days later on 19 August.

Its a common problem , from my side all orders, not just bob are video recorded from start of packaging to sealing of box with security tape ,a cheap plastic camera is mounted on a cctv bracket above the despatch bench and records are kept on file for 6 months , boxes are signed and sealed on closing , each item is shown during the packaging process and ticked off on the invoice .a photo of the sealed box and waybill is then mailed to the customer.

Cali Craft and Gems

That's exactly the thing mrmouse - I have reviewed our CCTV footage and the item was included in the package. The invoice is duplicated - original into the parcel and the items are ticked off on my copy before the parcel is sealed. I then write the dispatch date on my copy, and when time allows, I follow it up with a collected date too.

I informed the buyer of our procedures and she still insists that I did not include the item. I am going to email her and state that as she did not notify immediately of any issues, that I cannot be held responsible. Who knows - perhaps there is someone on her side with sticky fingers!

Cali Craft and Gems

Update:

Buyer has now emailed me stating that she has been sick and in extreme pain for a "long time" and as such has not attended to any orders / parcels, etc. (and can provide medical certificates proving as such)...

Then how come in the six weeks that have elapsed, she has been on a buying spree from several other sellers?

She also mentioned that she wants a replacement or a substantial discount on a future purchase.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Update:

Buyer has now emailed me stating that she has been sick and in extreme pain for a "long time" and as such has not attended to any orders / parcels, etc. (and can provide medical certificates proving as such)...

Then how come in the six weeks that have elapsed, she has been on a buying spree from several other sellers?

She also mentioned that she wants a replacement or a substantial discount on a future purchase.

I c ertainly would not replace or discount anything else

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
I c ertainly would not replace or discount anything else

I agree, but I think you can expect a red rating.

Cali Craft and Gems

Surprisingly she has placed another small order. This buyer rarely rates so let's wait and see...

circe    10
circe

hi

take a date stamp pic of the items when u pack it.

i think she is trying to score a extra bonus.

frikkie

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Have sent you a PM Cali.