Sign in to follow this  
Ilya2005

BoB Deleting Questions Posed To Sellers?

Ilya2005

Yesterday, while checking out the gemstone offerings on BoB, I came across an ad for an over 19 carat Spinel listed by a seller. It claimed to be "certified". So, I posed the question to the seller: "What lab certified the gem"? and "Can you post a photo of that certification"? As a buyer on BoB for quite some time now, I expected the question to be answered. Wouldn't you?

Lo and behold, I checked today for an answer and found...THE QUESTION HAD BEEN DELETED...and, not answered. Is this how BoB runs a website...deleting serious questions from buyers who spend thousands of rand on it? I'd expect this kind of behavior in Russia or China...but, South Africa?

So, BoB obviously got pressured to delete the question rather than have the seller answer truthfully. From my experience on BoB, buying a gem that a seller CLAIMS to be certified is a very perilous endeavour. That's why I asked, BoB...that's why I asked.

So, now, watch as BoB deletes this entry rather than have a seller come clean about his wares. Pity. :thinking:

MiemsJewels

BOB don't delete questions. It must have been the seller him/herself.

Ilya2005

Sorry...I was told that the BoB Admin was in control of that function. Thanks for the update. Knowing that the seller deleted the question rather than the BoB Admin makes moire sense. Why wouldn't a seller want to answer a serious question from a potential buyer? Very suspicious...imho.

The item in question is # 162140221, by the way. You be the judge. :suspicious:

Ilya2005
Sorry...I was told that the BoB Admin was in control of that function. Thanks for the update. Knowing that the seller deleted the question rather than the BoB Admin makes moire sense. Why wouldn't a seller want to answer a serious question from a potential buyer? Very suspicious...imho.

The item in question is # 162140221, by the way. You be the judge. :suspicious:

UPDATE:

I did get a reply to my question, although, it didn't answer the question at hand:

Question

30 Sep 2014 23:21

Since you advertise this gem as certified, what lab certified it? GISA? GIA? AGL? Also, how about posting a photo of that certification for all to see? Thank you!

Answer

01 Oct 2014 09:01

Update Question Attitude, do not want your business get the message and leave my auctions alone, thank you

The seller...dennisvoster...sold me a "certified" Sapphire for quite a few rand about six months ago. I submitted that "certified" Sapphire to American Gem Laboratory in New York City for their certification. The result? That "certified" gem sold to me by Mr. Vorster was synthetic. SYNTHETIC!

I contacted Mr. Voster who fought tooth and nail to avoid re-paying me for that synthetic "certified" gem, even when presented with the evidence. That's why I asked the question.

If you're spending good money on a gem that is supposedly "certified", wouldn't you want to know if it is real or a synthetic? I do. :notrust:

MiemsJewels

Really don't know what to think Lliya. Seller still cross about the previous transaction between you too. Especially because you stated it as synthetic.

Cali Craft and Gems

In my honest opinion - this is not a natural Spinel but rather one that is along the same lines as the Sapphire you purchased. Key factors are the colour and clarity, but more importantly, the size!

Plus with that attitude - I'd stay clear away from that seller no matter how attractive the item is that he / she is selling!

Vinyl Lady Decals

I wouldn't buy from him either, a very bad attitude.

Ilya2005
I wouldn't buy from him either, a very bad attitude.

As a buyer who has had many wonderful experiences buying gems from honest SA sellers including Bounty Hunter and Diamondz, I was shocked to see the blatant misrepresentation of gems on BoB by Mr. Voster...and, BoB allowing that charade to continue...even when BoB was presented with proof of that misrepresentation.

Perhaps it is because I was raised to be totally and completely honest in my business dealings that I am so completely disgusted by a seller who so blatantly presents fake gems as genuine.

Even worse...BoB has dropped the ball with dealing with a seller who is...apparently...dishonest. The question is..."why"? :oh:

Ilya2005
In my honest opinion - this is not a natural Spinel but rather one that is along the same lines as the Sapphire you purchased. Key factors are the colour and clarity, but more importantly, the size!

Plus with that attitude - I'd stay clear away from that seller no matter how attractive the item is that he / she is selling!

Part of the reason for posing those two questions to DennisVoster was to warn potential buyers/bidders that Mr. Voster has a history of selling synthetic Sapphires as genuine...as he sold to me. His attitude at being exposed shows his true nature.

admin
UPDATE: Mr. Vorster has received the "gem" in question plus the AGL certification of that gem as synthetic and has reimbursed me my monies paid for the gem and the postage.

I consider the case closed. Thank you.

Ilya2005

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/ratings-q/19370-bob-playing-games-honest-feedback.html

Hi Ilya2005'

In light of the above, and the fact that Cuan is unavailable for a couple of weeks, I am closing this thread.

Please take note that any action taken against sellers/buyers are not always relayed back to the complainant. This is the umpteenth time that you come to the forums, guns blazing and accusing bidorbuy of whatever you feel like. Please go through all the terms and conditions you agreed to before you were able to join bidorbuy to see how the system works. There is also an extensive help section on the main site. Should you still be unsure, please ask first.

Should you see a listing that is concerning, please report it to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and it will be investigated, then by all means you can post about it on the forums, sticking to facts and not speculation and conspiracy theories.

Thank you.

Andries