Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

An incredible find: Watch Out!

Pierre_Henri

I recently received a Krugerrand on consignment to sell on BoB but something about the coin was not “right”. So I contacted Jason Brady at RANDCOIN and send him the following mail.

Hi Jason

I am sending you via courier a 1 Oz 1975 Krugerrand in a red SAM box. There is something "strange" about the look and feel of the coin.

It weighs "only" 30.3 grams vs a normal 1 0z that weighs 33.931grams. Its diameter is correct at 32 mm. It may be slightly thicker than a normal Krugerrand. It has a slanting rim between the milling and the obverse /reverse.

It is from an old time estate and I have reason to believe that is was a pattern of some kind and not a "fake" as such.

Can you please test the gold pureness/fineness with your gold tester and let me know. Also ask Cliffie for his advice on the coin please.

Kind regards

Pierre

The next morning I got a friendly telephone call from Jason who had examined the coin and discovered a secret opening button (that I had missed) on the rim of the coin (at nine o clock off the obverse). See following pictures to see what the item actually is...

Thank you again Jason and to Randcoin for their wonderful service!

Pierre

Just Beachin

So Cool, please tell us more!

EcigSmokeOnline

What would the value be of such an item? Seems like a collectors item.

Free Soul Styles

That is absolutely stunning! Looking at the images one would never guess it's little secret!

SA COINAGE

Well done Pierre.

Now that is what I would call a super f***** cool find.

If you ever decide to sell please give a heads up but If I was you I would keep it. It's pretty gangster. Probably the Godfather of the "Broederbond's" watch.

Keep your doors locked as he might just come looking for it but from the sounds of it he is 6 foot below (estate sale...) :P