Sign in to follow this  
JVR1978

Seller Firstshop abuses rating system

JVR1978    10
JVR1978

I made a Buy Now order from Firstshop on 9 September 2014. This is my 4th transaction with this seller, and overall the service I received from them on past orders were satisfactory. On my most recent order, I requested Firstshop to deliver straight to my client and not to me. I made payment for this order at the same time using BoBPay EFT and included the door to door shipping charge, and supplied the alternative shipping address to them.

Shortly afterwards, I received communication from one of their sales consultants Hendry Huysamen where he confirmed my BidorBuy order and enquired about my shipping instructions. He asked whether Firstshop could deliver to my client using their invoice, upon which I replied "No" as I had invoiced them already. They just needed to ship the order to the address that I specified and contact the person I detailed. Upon receiving my feedback, Hendry confirmed my request, and I continued to wait for delivery to be concluded within the 3 business days timeframe as specified by their shipping terms.

On Friday 12 September 2014 I made an enquiry to Firstshop about the ETA on delivery of my order. I was then informed that the order was placed on hold just because I had requested them not to deliver using their invoice, and that their warehouse manager was the only person able to authorize or complete the order. At no point in time was it EVER indicated by Firstshop that they would not be able to deliver as per my request, or that it is their policy not to deliver to anyone else but the buyer.

At this point, I rated Firstshop negatively, as they had not concluded the transaction as per the terms stated on the product page. Firstshop is now abusing the BidorBuy rating system by giving me, the buyer, a negative rating simply out of spite, even though I had done everything to conclude the transaction from my side, ie. immediate payment and order confirmation.

It should be noted that it seems that this behavior seems to be recurring when browsing through their rating history, as every buyer who gives them a negative rating, is given a negative rating as well.

I believe that Firstshop has absolutely no grounds to give me, the buyer, a negative rating on a transaction where I am NOT at fault, and that they are abusing the BidorBuy rating system.

As per their product listing, no mention is made to any shipping terms to addresses other than the buyer's

Standard Printers - HP LaserJet Pro 400 | CF270A for sale in Johannesburg (ID:137912595)

RISadler    10
RISadler

I'm with FirstShop on this one ... :thinking:

JVR1978    10
JVR1978

I don't agree. This company is using the rating system to get back at buyers. As far as I'm concerned, they have no ground for giving me a bad rating.....

Are you saying that you agree with them using the rating system in this manner?

RISadler    10
RISadler

In my opinion they are simply reacting to an unwarranted negative. Please keep in mind that what you asked them to do is against the (unwritten) policy of selling on BoB (and eBay, etc.), as it potentially opens them up to a heap of "comebacks".

Also, a lot buyers rate negative for the tiniest little irk - just look at my negatives - and so by reciprocating the negative other sellers are warned.

JVR1978    10
JVR1978

Well, if it was against the "unwritten policy", they could have just said no, and I would have had them deliver to me straight. I'm not one of the buyers who rate negatively for other than what is advertised and expected. As I said, I've dealt with them before, and their service was great. I even gave them a rave review on Facebook. But it seems with this order, they dropped the ball. There is no communication from them this time on the status of my order, whereas previously they used to send updates for every little change in status.

I don't think my rating is unwarranted, because at the end of the day, it is still a business transaction. And if they don't comply with the terms as per their own listing, then they are in breach. And communication is key...if they had properly communicated that it would be an issue for them. But also, this would be more of an issue for their customer services department than this forum.

Thanks for your input, though.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

As a long-time seller, there have been many times over the years where a buyer would ask me to send it to a third party on their behalf - usually excluding the invoice for whatever reason.

It has never been a problem for me and I don't see what the big fuss is about - ie. why the seller is not sending the parcel to the given address.

I'm with the buyer on this one... (if the seller had any issue with the request, this should have been sorted out immediately with the buyer!)

JVR1978    10
JVR1978

Thank you Cali Craft....that's my point exactly. I mean I am not deliberately trying to break rules or something, I merely asked them to ship directly to my client instead. If there is a rule against that, I apologize. And I don't understand.....it's not my 1st time on BoB. But it seems like whoever does their ratings has done this before, as I have noted whilst browsing through the forum:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/ratings-q/8552-revenge-ratings-comments-2.html

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

As with Cali, I have shipped to friends, family, etc. at the request of my Buyer. If my Buyer directs me to ship to a third party, I always inquire whether or not it is a birthday / anniversary / etc. gift. If it is, I offer to gift wrap (at no cost to Buyer).

IF there was an 'issue' sending to a different person/address, Seller should have communicated that immediately to Buyer. So much 'hoopla', in any transaction, can be avoided if people just took the time to 'talk' instead of thinking the other party can read their mind.

Ruthie

RISadler    10
RISadler

In defense of FirstShop ... they deal in products that attract identity thieves like mice to peanut butter, especially when it involves a corporate buyer with an account. And I am still of the opinion that your negative rating was unwarranted as the deal had not yet been concluded, i.e. delivery of the item had not taken place.

Anyway, what's the status of the order?

RISadler    10
RISadler

I see FirstShop has now given you a positive rating with the following comment: "Unique request from customer & we dealt with it very poorly. Nevertheless, JVR1978 was very understanding and worked with us to find a resolution."

JVR1978    10
JVR1978

Fortunately, Wayne from Firstshop contacted me to apologize. He confirmed that they were indeed at fault, and that the person who rated me did so unwarranted, as I was not at fault.

Nevertheless, the situation has been resolved amicably and I also updated my rating to them.

admin    0
admin

Nevertheless, the situation has been resolved amicably and I also updated my rating to them.

Thank you for the feedback. Thread closed.