Sign in to follow this  
Free Soul Styles

Dodgy emails from Ex buyers

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Over the last few days i've been getting emails from people i sold to in the past. The email basically says that they are trying to send me an attachment but can only do so via Google Documents. My little red flag comes up and say that the email has the same characteristics as a virus trying to steal my personal info. So obviously i delete it. I've gotten 4 this week.

Thing is, it's actual, proper email addresses that these buyers use on BoB! What is this exactly?

rezizter    10
rezizter
Over the last few days i've been getting emails from people i sold to in the past. The email basically says that they are trying to send me an attachment but can only do so via Google Documents. My little red flag comes up and say that the email has the same characteristics as a virus trying to steal my personal info. So obviously i delete it. I've gotten 4 this week.

Thing is, it's actual, proper email addresses that these buyers use on BoB! What is this exactly?

It is a way for users to get your email password.

It directs you to a fake site, when you put in your email username and password it saves it, and then they use your email account to send out more mails like this and get more victims.

I don't think it's the sellers themselves sending you mails, their email accounts have been compromised and the hacker is sending that mail to everyone in their mailing lists

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Well, the buyers themselves are lovely people to deal with, so i wouldn't think it was them. I don't enter my info unless i know the site well enough.

Thanks for the info!