Sign in to follow this  
Carel_Electronics

Can a seller refuse to delete a bid?

Carel_Electronics    10
Carel_Electronics

Good day,

I just need to know if a seller can refuse to delete someone's bid?

Thanks

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi. No they cannot. If you need a bid deleted and the seller refuses, please contact the BoB offices for assistance (0861 88 0861) or email (communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za)

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

If he doesnt delete it and you win you also dont have to pay them .

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

A seller can only delete the bid before auction close. If you request within a reasonable time before closing, there can be no reason not to delete the bid:grin:

XTRADE    10
XTRADE

I do however not like it when 2 minutes before a weekend auction closes someone messages and says. Delete bid.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
I do however not like it when 2 minutes before a weekend auction closes someone messages and says. Delete bid.

Its not necessary to delete it then , you can just offer it to the runner up , no loss.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I delete an REGULAR auction 2-minutes of closing when the winning Buyer has received negative ratings from other Sellers. Tried doing it shortly after bid was placed, but dadburned if they don't either bid again or bid on another (similar) item... often within a half hour of closing. Games (some) people play - just about makes me want to 'spit tacks'.

Of course, if a Buyer asks to have bid deleted, I gladly do so. A lot less headache for both of us.

Ruthie

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
I delete an REGULAR auction 2-minutes of closing when the winning Buyer has received negative ratings from other Sellers.

It is fully against the CPA act of SA to delete any bidder just because you feel like it .If that happened to me I would certainly lodge a complaint against you with BoB .

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
It is fully against the CPA act of SA to delete any bidder just because you feel like it .If that happened to me I would certainly lodge a complaint against you with BoB.

I do NOT delete bids 'willy-nilly'... just because it's Monday, it is storming outside, the cat missed the litter pan, caffeine level is low or just because I feel like it.

BoB allows a bid to be deleted IF:

Buyer has received negative feedback from another Seller for non-fulfillment

Seller wants to re-list the item as there is an error in the current auction description

The bid price is above MRP of product

The bid price is unrealistically high compared to the previous bid

The Buyer has asked for bid/purchase to be deleted

The Buyer has placed bids/purchases on multiple similar items

The Seller has dealt with the Buyer before and Buyer has not fulfilled the previous transaction

Should one or more of the aforementioned be against the CPA Act of SA, I am confident BoB will amend accordingly.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore
Spelling

RISadler    10
RISadler
... the CPA act of SA ...

... the CPA Act of SA ...

Actually, it's just the CPA or the CP Act. Because the CPA Act would be the one regulating accountants. :laugh: