Sign in to follow this  
ChristoRage

Why so many items per seller??????

ChristoRage

This is ridiculous....

have you ever tried browsing all through the ending soon items?

You end up looking at 10 000 coins and 5000 stamps all from one seller.

Should there not be a limit to the amount of items per seller per day.... or even a filter between businesses selling and private sellers.

mrmouse
This is ridiculous....

have you ever tried browsing all through the ending soon items?

You end up looking at 10 000 coins and 5000 stamps all from one seller.

Should there not be a limit to the amount of items per seller per day.... or even a filter between businesses selling and private sellers.

Or packets of seeds ,i usually just give up.

wayjen

Yip, it's easier to shop at a corner store then having to go to a huge supermarket with 10 000 items on their shelves.

BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

mrmouse
I am opposed to any measure which might reduce the quantity of items on offer.

The more the merrier, the wider the choice and the greater the opportunity for both buyer & seller.

But I know well the OPs pain.

I carry 16000 different sizes of O`rings , I think I shall sell them on a Wednesday at R1.00 to R500. each and list closing times at 60 items per minute from 12h00 untill all finished .now I must just find someone to list them .A filter to block seeds and stamps and coins and cheap plastic watches listed in the wrong categories would be great , if done quickly enough you will be able to block orings as well !

qball

We have been introducing filters and product attributes - coins was already implemented a few months back (filter by grade, metal, denomination etc.), there are also other filters to exclude certain sellers. All filters will be located on the left hand side of the page. Please bear in mind, if you search for something on the site (using the search bar), it will bring up all matching items in all categories that contain the terms you are looking for, you can then filter by category specific on the left. As a market place, limiting content will kill the site. eBay has over 1000000 listings in a particular category at any given point. Roll out of the product attributes through all the categories will make it easier to list and find items going forward, as the seller must select the correct attributes when creating the listing.

You can also use Advanced search, to limit results, or try using very specific search terms - and then using the category filters on the left.

mrmouse

You can also use Advanced search, to limit results, or try using very specific search terms - and then using the category filters on the left.

For most I think it would be just browsing the ending now pages , cant we have a button that says;;;; exclude coins , stamps and cheap plastic watches and orings .:bigsmile: