Sign in to follow this  
arriwyks

SAPO Still Striking!

arriwyks

When will SAPO Just close their doors for good?

They only opperate for two weeks then strike for four weeks.

I just returned from SAPO Waverly Pretoria 29/08/2014, as most other branches in Pretoria are closed. They confirmed that the strike is still on, and refuses to accept any parcels, as nothing is going out. Speed services couriers are also on strike. I was informed that apparently the illegal strikers have been fired and that I must try again on Tuesday. But I have my doubts if they will be opperating again by Tuesday. For all this trouble they might just as well close their doors for good and leave it to the expensive private sector to provide the service.

Edited by arriwyks
Spelling on mobile...

SADiamondsrus

Its darn crazy and a reflection of our wonderful government. I have a EMS package stuck in JHB for a month now, no body at EMS answers a call and SAPO (EMS part of SAPO) has a dont care attitude.

So much for crying unemployment, when 80% of the country does not want to do the job. FIRE their a@$es.

arriwyks

Even though the Postal Service as we use to know it, is becomming obsolete worldwide, with the advent of electronic communication, it has been considered many times: as a fundamental of civilisation, and the basic of a functioning state, and a country's administration. This is a scary thought, when you take into account our SAPO, and their opperation over the past six months. I cannot even recall the last time I have received any regular letters in the post.

The smaller courier companies are exploiting this fact, I have just received a quote from Postnet for a small letter sized parcel @ R295-00, using UTI couriers, I laughed at them, seeing that it would have cost me R35-00 if SAPO had been functioning. The worst part is that SAPO tries to conceal their constant troubles, and does not take responsibility. This make it very difficult to explain to customers who are not in the know, that it is not your lacking servise that causes the delay in delivery of the goods they had paid for.

We live in strange times.

Cali Craft and Gems

Try out or check the Postnet branch to Postnet branch courier services. I think there is a weight restriction, but if it fits in the bag, it will cost around R99. There is also an affordable option via Berco (I think) where there are drop off points at most Pick 'n Pay stores. You buy the bag and waybill at the counter, etc. This will be a to-door service and is not badly priced.

arriwyks
Try out or check the Postnet branch to Postnet branch courier services. I think there is a weight restriction, but if it fits in the bag, it will cost around R99. There is also an affordable option via Berco (I think) where there are drop off points at most Pick 'n Pay stores. You buy the bag and waybill at the counter, etc. This will be a to-door service and is not badly priced.

Thanks, I will keep them in mind, seems like this will be the future of shipping.