Sign in to follow this  
ZAR Coins

Need some advise from the experts on 1959 Proof Set and 1893 Half Pond Estimate.

ZAR Coins    10
ZAR Coins

Hi there,

Know it's a bit weird but would like to get a feel for what you would pay for the following coins in order to sell.

Here is an image of the Proof Set 1959

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5190[/ATTACH]

and here is an image of a 1893 Half Pond XF Details (Excessive Scratches)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5191[/ATTACH]

Appreciate the honest interest.

Thanks

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
Hi there,

Know it's a bit weird but would like to get a feel for what you would pay for the following coins in order to sell.

Here is an image of the Proof Set 1959

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5190[/ATTACH]

and here is an image of a 1893 Half Pond XF Details (Excessive Scratches)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5191[/ATTACH]

Appreciate the honest interest.

Thanks

The 1959 Proof set will sell for around R5 000 and the 1893 details Half Pond for maybe twice that (R10 000) but probably less.

The market just do not like "details" coins.

ZAR Coins    10
ZAR Coins
The 1959 Proof set will sell for around R5 000 and the 1893 details Half Pond for maybe twice that (R10 000) but probably less.

The market just do not like "details" coins.

Thanks for the feedback. It really is appreciated!

Ambassadors Invest    10
Ambassadors Invest

I will Pay R10 000 for Proof set and R15 000 for 1/2 pond

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

I could not get R5000 for a graded VF details 1893 Half Pond a month ago, so I think R15 000 for an XF details coin is a great offer that the poster should seriously consider.

Halfponde - RARE : 1893 Paul Kruger Z.A.R. Gold Half-Pond : Graded Very Fine details was sold for R4,500.00 on 7 Sep at 21:03 by Pierre_Henri in Cape Town (ID:157994953)

CapeCurrencyCoin    10
CapeCurrencyCoin
I could not get R5000 for a graded VF details 1893 Half Pond a month ago, so I think R15 000 for an XF details coin is a great offer that the poster should seriously consider.

Halfponde - RARE : 1893 Paul Kruger Z.A.R. Gold Half-Pond : Graded Very Fine details was sold for R4,500.00 on 7 Sep at 21:03 by Pierre_Henri in Cape Town (ID:157994953)

Hi Pierre

I don't want to be rude or in any way question those that graded the vf details coin,perhaps it is just the photos ,perhaps the coin didn't photograph well through the slab,but that coin does not look vf or even remotely close to vf.also looks like it was dipped in some sort of acid because the surfaces seem severely impaired or burnished,once again that is just my opinion from the photos,perhaps in the hand it looks completely different and I apologise if this post has offended anyone,that is not the intention,only to comment on the coin based on what I can see.

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
Hi Pierre

I don't want to be rude or in any way question those that graded the vf details coin,perhaps it is just the photos ,perhaps the coin didn't photograph well through the slab,but that coin does not look vf or even remotely close to vf.also looks like it was dipped in some sort of acid because the surfaces seem severely impaired or burnished,once again that is just my opinion from the photos,perhaps in the hand it looks completely different and I apologise if this post has offended anyone,that is not the intention,only to comment on the coin based on what I can see.

I actually agree with you -- its not a good grading by Sangs, but even in this condition one would expect it to fetch more. It is certainly a great rarity.

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries
I actually agree with you -- its not a good grading by Sangs, but even in this condition one would expect it to fetch more. It is certainly a great rarity.

Hi Pierre

You would have probably got at least double if you cracked it out of SANGS holder :toung:

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
Hi Pierre

You would have probably got at least double if you cracked it out of SANGS holder :toung:

Yes well, maybe, maybe not. How would we know?