Sign in to follow this  
BacchusZA

Negative feedback falsely given to seller - how to respond?

BacchusZA

Hi all,

I just recieved an email stating that my bid on an item has been deleted by the seller, with "Buyer has received negative feedback previously from another seller for non-fulfillment. " given as the reason.

The thing is, this is the first time I've ever bid on anything here on BoB. I've had an account for a while, but I've never used it until now, so this is a pretty bitter and offensive pill to swallow.

I've looked, but I can't seem to find any way that I can make contact with the seller to refute the allegation made against me, so I'm hoping somebody here can offer me some advice and guidance as to how to proceed, or if I should even bother.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Little Miss Muffet

Go and ask a question on her/his listings. Users sometimes do not like dealing with a user without ratings which is unfair. She has to give a reason for deleting the bid and used the closet one. If you open a listing there is a link "Ask the seller a question"

You can bid on my auctions I wont delete it :cool:

admin

Hi BacchusZA,

Welcome to the forums.

I have sent the seller a warning for deleting your bid without a valid reason.

Not1CentMore
You can bid on my auctions I wont delete it :cool:

Same here. 'When the rubber meets the road', whether Seller or Buyer, we were all new once and had to 'prove our salt'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

BacchusZA

Thanks for response guys, it's appreciated.

I don't have the slightest problem with a seller being cautious, & am quite happy to allay legitimate concerns, but I must admit this has been a pretty discouraging first foray into online auctions.

Here's hoping the next one goes better, & thanks again for the input :)

MiemsJewels
Same here. 'When the rubber meets the road', whether Seller or Buyer, we were all new once and had to 'prove our salt'.

Ruthie

I agree Geewhizz and Ruthie. Ian you are utmost welcome to bid on my items :awesome:

Edited by MiemsJewels

Free Soul Styles

The seller obviously removed the bid because the buyer is new (no track record). I have seen some sellers who state "If you are a new buyer, contact me before bidding" ... The seller even makes the new buyer pay within 24 hours or cancels the sale. It's a load of rubbish. Some sellers obviously don't want the new business....

Vinyl Lady Decals

You're welcome to bid on my items too, some of my best repeat buyers started buying from me with no ratings.

NooNooBug

Sometimes when a "Newbie" bids or orders you might feel anxious, but them most of them pay and you will always have the odd one that lets you down....so too can "older" buyers let you down so then what ? Do we stop accepting all bids / orders from those we don't yet know, well then we might as well just stop selling all together then !