Sign in to follow this  
NeoTrading

First and Final Warnign against Bid Shilling

NeoTrading

I received a first and final wanring against bid shilling but straight after that i received another email stating my account has been suspended and i need to pay R500.

Firstly i disagree with the bid shilling. Secondly, why send an email about a first and final warning if the accout is going to be suspended straight after that

Below is the email i received...mentiones nothing about account being suspended or paying R500

Dear Devashnee,

It has come to our attention that you are bidding on your own auctions or those being run by friends or family. The practice of shill bidding is illegal and is considered fraud. Please kindly refrain from indulging in this practice, failure to do so can result in your account being closed. Thank you.

Please contact bidorbuy customer support for further information.

Where do you want to go from here?

• I want to know about the bidorbuy policy regarding disabling or blacklisting users accounts.

• I want to know more about the bidorbuy Listing Policy rules.

• I want to read more about the bidorbuy Terms and Conditions.

• I want to learn about how to set up shipping charges.

• I want to attend a Selling Seminar.

qball
I received a first and final wanring against bid shilling but straight after that i received another email stating my account has been suspended and i need to pay R500.

Firstly i disagree with the bid shilling. Secondly, why send an email about a first and final warning if the accout is going to be suspended straight after that

Below is the email i received...mentiones nothing about account being suspended or paying R500

Dear Devashnee,

It has come to our attention that you are bidding on your own auctions or those being run by friends or family. The practice of shill bidding is illegal and is considered fraud. Please kindly refrain from indulging in this practice, failure to do so can result in your account being closed. Thank you.

Please contact bidorbuy customer support for further information.

Where do you want to go from here?

• I want to know about the bidorbuy policy regarding disabling or blacklisting users accounts.

• I want to know more about the bidorbuy Listing Policy rules.

• I want to read more about the bidorbuy Terms and Conditions.

• I want to learn about how to set up shipping charges.

• I want to attend a Selling Seminar.

We do not dish out warnings with no proof. We have sufficient proof to restrict your account. We may restrict your account with or without warning.

Fashion Police

Not only is shill bidding unethical practice, but actually illegal.

All the required info is on BoB's website under the 'Help' section.

RISadler
It has come to our attention that you are bidding on your own auctions or those being run by friends or family.

Some of the sellers on BoB have come to know each other moderately/quite well, especially due to this forum. Does this "rule" mean we are not allowed to bid on the items offered by said friends? :worried:

SADiamondsrus

I would just say bidding to inflate purposely whether self, or friends of family, for purpose of gain, is illegal

Artemis Prime
Some of the sellers on BoB have come to know each other moderately/quite well, especially due to this forum. Does this "rule" mean we are not allowed to bid on the items offered by said friends? :worried:

As a buyer, I'm truly horrified to read that a seller thinks this is ok. Placing the word rule in quotation marks as well just takes the cake. Auction Shilling between friends is still corruption and illegal. It's not just an arbitrary rule by BOB.

NooNooBug
As a buyer, I'm truly horrified to read that a seller thinks this is ok. Placing the word rule in quotation marks as well just takes the cake. Auction Shilling between friends is still corruption and illegal. It's not just an arbitrary rule by BOB.

I don't think you quite understood RISadler's comment Artemis ! Just coz I have made BoB friends should not exclude me from bidding on their items should they be selling something I would like surely ? Just saying !

Artemis Prime

If the post meant the friends are bidding with the intention to buy, then I stand corrected and there's no issue.

Pinkx

qball,

Is it possible for BoB to add a function where one's maximum bid (that has not yet been reached) be decreased.

I recently bid on an item, was then later outbid (but had my maximum bid shown). Leading bidder was then deleted (so I became Leading bidder once again) and just before item closed my bid was pushed up by another buyer to my maximum bid. I therefore won the item but at my maximum bid. I suspect foulplay but cannot prove it?