Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

2014 Christmas Hamper

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi forum members,

Well, another year has flown since our last hamper contributions, and we are already more than half-way into the new year.

It's that time again when I start "begging". I would like to start the hamper contribution early this year as it will need to be delivered earlier in December than usual.

My eldest son was offered a rugby contract in France and flew out on Saturday 16/8 to join his new club. Hubby and I will be visiting him for 4 weeks over December/January.

All contributions will once again be used for the hamper, card, packaging and postage as in the past. However, there is going to be something special for one lucky contributor. All names will be put into a box with the lucky person "winning" some special coffee blend .... all the way from the USA.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ruthie (not1centmore) on the forum for her special efforts in making this hamper special. Between us, we have brought in some mighty nice things for the hamper and also othe lucky draw winner (Ruthie's idea - thank you kind lady!)

Please PM me for banking details so we can get this hamper rolling

Kindest regards

Cheryl - Miss Jewels

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Thank-you, Miss Cheryl, for all your hard work.

The Staff at BoB works tirelessly 365-days a year, either physically or 'on-call', to insure this venue is safe for both Seller and Buyer. We may say 'thanks' throughout the year, but the Christmas Hamper is a tangible token of our appreciation. YOUR donations make the Hamper possible.

As above.... everyone who donates will get their name put in a hat. The 'lucky' individual, whose name is drawn, will receive a 12-ounce bag of Starbucks Coffee.

Ruthie

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi all forum friends

It's been a while since I've posted on this topic, but I really need to start finalizing the hamper. As I'm leaving SA on 16 December to visit my son, I would like to post the parcel in that week. Carla will be in the office until 19 December.

As mentioned before, all donations will be used in the purchasing of the goodies for the hamper, the card and the actual postage.

Please PM me for banking details so that I can start filling the hamper.

Regards

Cheryl

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Everyone who donates will get their name put in a hat. The 'lucky' individual, whose name is drawn, will receive a 12-ounce bag of Starbucks Coffee.

So far, Mr. Nobody is winning.

Miss Cheryl needs YOUR help in putting together a nice Christmas Hamper for BoB's staff. Sure wouldn't express how thankful we all are for the hard work they do day in and day out, for both Seller and Buyer, if all they received was a lump of coal in a paper bag.

And, who knows, your name could be pulled from the hat and come Christmas morning, you could be enjoying a nice, hot cup of Starbucks coffee.

Ruthie

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Forum friends, can I please have an indication of whether you would like this hamper to continue? I've have lots of views to the thread but no feedback yet. It's a bit disturbing ......

I need to complete the hamper by the 1st week in December in order to post on time.

Last year it took us over a month to collect all the donations in order to make the hamper a success. All we have right now is a month.

All the funds go into the hamper. (I do not take commission :cheesy::cheesy:)

Can I please get an indication of whether you are interested in contributing. You can PM me so that I can forward banking details for the donation.

Ruthie and myself have already started the contents of the hamper, but obviously, we still need some more "body" to the hamper.

And remember - there is a lucky draw too. One name will be drawn and will win the Starbucks coffee.

Regards

Cheryl

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Thanks for the first donation received. We still have a looooong way to go. All donations towards the hamper are welcome, and donations are not made public. So whether you donate R5 or R50, it goes towards the same good cause.

Please keep the donations coming in as time is really running out. You can send me a PM for the banking details so I can add your name to the list.

Remember, there is also a lucky draw this year.

Please folks, I really do need your co-operation to make this hamper a success.

Regards

Cheryl

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Looks like one name in the drawing for the Starbucks coffee. A great 'win' for this individual... so far.

No contribution is too small. Please contact Miss Jewels via PM for her banking details so TOGETHER we can make the Christmas Hamper a huge success... and who knows, YOU might be the lucky winner of the coffee.

Ruthie

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Ruthie, we have had over 350 new views on this topic but only 1 donation. I don't know if people want to wait till 99 to donate or whether this is becoming a "lost cause", which will really be a pity.

If I can just get an indication of interest, it will also help. But there is nothing ... just silence.

Please folk, lets make this hamper a success. Without contributions I cannot fill the hamper....Please PM me for banking details or any other information regarding the hamper.

Cheryl

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
Ruthie, we have had over 350 new views on this topic but only 1 donation. I don't know if people want to wait till 99 to donate or whether this is becoming a "lost cause", which will really be a pity.

If I can just get an indication of interest, it will also help. But there is nothing ... just silence.

Please folk, lets make this hamper a success. Without contributions I cannot fill the hamper....Please PM me for banking details or any other information regarding the hamper.

Cheryl

Well me for one, not interested now but next year maybe a different story.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi folks

Please.....please give me some feedback....

If you think the hamper idea should end this year, please let me know. To date, the donations have been basically nil:sad:. Worst case, I will send the hamper off with the goodies Ruthie has sent and fill up some treats from ourselves. It will not be the impressive hamper it has been in the past, but this is just a very small token of our appreciation of the platform we are able to trade on and the help we get.

Please let me have your thoughts on this via PM or request the banking details for a donation. Be is R1, R2, R5 or more.....everything helps

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

I dont see the point , the staff work for a salary , why dont you rather make a hamper for a local SPCA or animal shelter , I guarantee they need it more ..SPCA is not state funded and are in dire need nof donations , I cant assist im allready an NPO , and believe me donations this year are virtually non existant .

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
I dont see the point , the staff work for a salary , why dont you rather make a hamper for a local SPCA or animal shelter , I guarantee they need it more ..SPCA is not state funded and are in dire need nof donations , I cant assist im allready an NPO , and believe me donations this year are virtually non existant .

I agree.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

MrMouse and EcigSmokeOnline - thank you for your feedback. Just to mention, I already support various organizations (Sea Rescue, SPCA, Cotlands, Home for the Aged - to mention a few). But just think.... if each person takes R20.00 and divides it between 4 organizations, they all will still benefit.

But I respect your opinion and feedback.

I will be sealing the box on 1 December, so if there are any other members who would still like to contribute, you are welcome to PM for details.

Regards, Cheryl

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline

This is really not meant to be rude, but what about something else than Starbucks coffee not everybody drink coffee. I do realize that it's all about the cause, but in the end people are people. Maybe something like a Tablet, Cell phone etc. will get you more contributions. Only my opinion.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
This is really not meant to be rude, but what about something else than Starbucks coffee not everybody drink coffee. I do realize that it's all about the cause, but in the end people are people. Maybe something like a Tablet, Cell phone etc. will get you more contributions. Only my opinion.

HaHa I also wont touch Starbucks not my brand of choice , local home grown beans rule .

Edited by mrmouse

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
... what about something else than Starbucks coffee not everybody drink coffee. I do realize that it's all about the cause, but in the end people are people. Maybe something like a Tablet, Cell phone etc. will get you more contributions. Only my opinion.

True... not everyone drinks coffee. Same could be said with respect to a tablet or cell phone. Not everyone wants / needs / uses one or the other. So how about a bottle of Saxum Paderewski Vineyard 2010? Not everyone drinks. A brand new car? Not everyone drives. As much as it would be easier, there is no 'one prize fits all'.

The item chosen for the winner is a bonus... a 'fun and games' incentive to donate and, in return, possibly win a something-something (tangible) other than a 'feel good'. If the winner doesn't drink coffee, much less likes Starbucks, then the 'winner' could always give it to a friend / family member / co-worker who does drink coffee or donate it to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.

At the end of the day, it is each person's decision whether or not to contribute to the hamper. Those who do... thanks a heap. Those who don't... thanks for reading the post and adding your input. And many thanks to Cheryl for her hard work in putting the hamper together year after year.

Ruthie

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
True... not everyone drinks coffee. Same could be said with respect to a tablet or cell phone. Not everyone wants / needs / uses one or the other. So how about a bottle of Saxum Paderewski Vineyard 2010? Not everyone drinks. A brand new car? Not everyone drives. As much as it would be easier, there is no 'one prize fits all'.

The item chosen for the winner is a bonus... a 'fun and games' incentive to donate and, in return, possibly win a something-something (tangible) other than a 'feel good'. If the winner doesn't drink coffee, much less likes Starbucks, then the 'winner' could always give it to a friend / family member / co-worker who does drink coffee or donate it to a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.

At the end of the day, it is each person's decision whether or not to contribute to the hamper. Those who do... thanks a heap. Those who don't... thanks for reading the post and adding your input. And many thanks to Cheryl for her hard work in putting the hamper together year after year.

Ruthie

:biggrin: Yeah Yeah...No need for sarcastic remarks, if what you said is true then why do you think there were about zero contributions. Like I have stated I know it's for a certain cause, but at the end of the day...people are people ...they want to feel that they have won something good, not everybody will share the same vision.

And related to a Tablet and Cell Phone, on which planet did you live the last 15 odd years? I don't think there is anybody that don't use one or the other :shock::biggrin:

Anyway, good luck I hope you receive millions in constributions:biggrin::cool:

Edited by EcigSmokeOnline

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Thank you Cardina Jewels for your appreciated donation towards our BoB hamper.:angel:

Any other forum members who would like to contribute are welcome to PM me for details.

Regards

Cheryl

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I will be doing the last of the purchases for the Christmas Hamper on Tuesday 9 December. If anyone would still like to make a contribution towards this, please PM me.

qball    11
qball

Thank you to those that contributed to the hamper, we received it today and the staff are most appreciative! Miss Jewels, Ruthie and Cardina Jewels, thank you for all your effort!