Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office strike, ...again

bellemodel

It is not only the post office who can strike. I am going to strike too:

I have diverted all my snail mail to my email. They shall not get postage money via me again.

I am going to cancel my PO Box.

I am going to use other couriers.

I shall allow buyers to collect.

P.S. Anybody want to take over my PO Box at Sunnyside post office?

MiemsJewels
It is not only the post office who can strike. I am going to strike too:

I have diverted all my snail mail to my email. They shall not get postage money via me again.

I am going to cancel my PO Box.

I am going to use other couriers.

I shall allow buyers to collect.

P.S. Anybody want to take over my PO Box at Sunnyside post office?

Easier Said than done Bellemodel. The fact is that we all do need the PO. Especially those who are living in almost remote area. Wish I can send the PO to my "Spam box" too.

Edited by MiemsJewels

Allstar

How are ordinary parcel deliveries going within the Western Cape, they were fine for a while even when Gauteng went pear shaped, are Cape in province deliveries fine again?

mrmouse
Easier Said than done Bellemodel. The fact is that we all do need the PO. Especially those who are living in almost remote area. Wish I can send the PO to my "Spam box" too.

I havent used the sapo for 3 months now , all my clients are happy , so no we dont all need the sapo , electronic is the way to go ,I havent recieved 1 item of mail now for 2 months every account is now electronic except for vehicle licenses , po box is cancelled now and ive removed my street post box , dont need them couriers cover every inch of SA .will not support them again .I lost thousands of rands worth of parts in august that just dissapeared ,im talking double digits worth.

JUST THINK WHAT WILL hAPPEN OVER XMAS!!!!!!

Edited by mrmouse

MiemsJewels
I havent used the sapo for 3 months now , all my clients are happy , so no we dont all need the sapo , electronic is the way to go ,I havent recieved 1 item of mail now for 2 months every account is now electronic except for vehicle licenses , po box is cancelled now and ive removed my street post box , dont need them couriers cover every inch of SA .will not support them again .I lost thousands of rands worth of parts in august that just dissapeared ,im talking double digits worth.

JUST THINK WHAT WILL hAPPEN OVER XMAS!!!!!!

Wish I can also cancel my P.O. Box :-) I've tried the Pick & Pay (Aramax) option, but not all my buyers are willing to pay R100 shipping for low cost items.

Only a few of my buyers use this option. Then there are RTS parcels. Some of us do need the damn post office. :-(

EcigSmokeOnline

I have been looking through all "opposition" listings for the last 2-3 months, and since the strikes began there is definitely a decline in sales on BidorBuy. The last strike, that is still in progress will have a very bad impact on sales and I think it will have a ripple effect lasting a long period after the strike.

In my opinion, the PO should be privatized with a very good business plan upfront...but if that will happens I don't know. Currently our so called government is making a spectacle out of every single thing. I bet other countries are laughing their asses of about SA. The current situation in SA makes me feel very distressed.

Man, I hope something can turn it all around. The dumb workers at SAPO seems not to realize that if they bankrupt SAPO they will be without jobs anyway. I really don't get it.:wtf:

Not1CentMore
Some of us do need the damn post office. :-(

Just sent a 4-lb parcel USPS Priority International and it cost $78.80USD. That same parcel, sent via courier, would have cost well over $200.00USD.

The parcel will arrive SA Customs Monday. I expressed my concern to Buyer and all but begged that shipping be delayed until the hoopla with SAPO was resolved, but it was to no avail. From there, who knows where it will go or when / if it will be delivered.

Buyers are madder than snot at their parcels not being delivered or are cancelling orders. Sellers are biting their nails... clean down to the knuckles.

Yes, as much as there are times when we'd like to slap the snot out of the way it is operated, the Post Office is needed whether one lives in SA, China, the USA or halfway to the moon.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

meeks
I have been looking through all "opposition" listings for the last 2-3 months, and since the strikes began there is definitely a decline in sales on BidorBuy. The last strike, that is still in progress will have a very bad impact on sales and I think it will have a ripple effect lasting a long period after the strike.

In my opinion, the PO should be privatized with a very good business plan upfront...but if that will happens I don't know. Currently our so called government is making a spectacle out of every single thing. I bet other countries are laughing their asses of about SA. The current situation in SA makes me feel very distressed.

Man, I hope something can turn it all around. The dumb workers at SAPO seems not to realize that if they bankrupt SAPO they will be without jobs anyway. I really don't get it.:wtf:

No, they do not seem to realize that they are in fact harming themselves as well. Their take on the situation is "without us, you (SAPO) don't make money, we don't need you, you need us" That is as far as their "logic" goes

As for the other countries laughing their a**es off at SA..You're right again.. I have friends & relatives in USA & UK. as I'm sure others here on BOB have as well.. It is more of a question why it happened in the first place, and why it is allowed to continue for so long.There are those who take a "jab" at the situation though.

Edited by meeks

mrmouse
Wish I can also cancel my P.O. Box :-) I've tried the Pick & Pay (Aramax) option, but not all my buyers are willing to pay R100 shipping for low cost items.

Only a few of my buyers use this option. Then there are RTS parcels. Some of us do need the damn post office. :-(

I do hear you ,and i think this sapo strike will change the way business is done for a lot of people in SA ,for me the po is a 40 km trip costing at least R 80 in fuel ,not to mention time wasted in the (dam i cant spell que tight now)work in the frustration ,car guards,traffic and broken robots its a 2 hr trip out of my life ,PnP is 2 km takes 3 minutes on a bad day and Gets delivered the next day ,,what a pleasure .postnet is even better no (queu)(qeue)(q) pleasant people and efficient ,for the customer peace of mind and personal delivery ,no fighting with a finger up nose person hiding behind counter shrugging shoulders and not worrying.*Christmas mail should be a hoot!!!!!!

EcigSmokeOnline
I do hear you ,and i think this sapo strike will change the way business is done for a lot of people in SA ,for me the po is a 40 km trip costing at least R 80 in fuel ,not to mention time wasted in the (dam i cant spell que tight now)work in the frustration ,car guards,traffic and broken robots its a 2 hr trip out of my life ,PnP is 2 km takes 3 minutes on a bad day and Gets delivered the next day ,,what a pleasure .postnet is even better no (queu)(qeue)(q) pleasant people and efficient ,for the customer peace of mind and personal delivery ,no fighting with a finger up nose person hiding behind counter shrugging shoulders and not worrying.*Christmas mail should be a hoot!!!!!!

Yeah...I get you. How do you find Postnet's service ? I am asking because I am little skeptic to use their service. My understanding is that they are using SAPO's hubs(according to my local postmistress). I use the Aramex at PnP (The Red Box)as a alternative method for outlaying areas and I do find their service really professional. They have delivered a parcel in Kathu, it's about 700 km from where I have posted the parcel in the Red Box, it took 2 days for delivery and they also alerted me that delivery was made via e-mail and sms.

Lukeness

For R99 Aramex at PnP and Freshstop is a real winner. Convenient and professional.

bellemodel
RTS parcels. Some of us do need the damn post office. :-(

Can't you just collect them at the counter?

MiemsJewels
Can't you just collect them at the counter?

I can yes Bellemodel, but I will rather pay my P.O. Box. Still needs it for municipal accounts etc.

SUNMASTER

Benoni Post Office stoned, post thrown into street | Benoni City Times

556502_362919207086359_956654169_n.jpg?oh=0ce7a8d0e5e619a6e095d841a976e146&oe=54BCAA0D&__gda__=1420594140_52e1f64aaf3ce13cfc2dab68ad3ea7a8[h=5]South African Post Office[/h]5 hours ago · Edited

Industrial action update

Unfortunately a number of post offices in the Johannesburg area had to be closed as a result of damage caused by striking workers. The offices will reopen as soon as repairs are complete. They are:

Alrode

Bergvlei

Booysens

Braamfontein

Johannesburg

Kwenzekile

Morningside

In Pretoria:

Tshwane South and Die Tremloods postoffices

NooNooBug
How are ordinary parcel deliveries going within the Western Cape, they were fine for a while even when Gauteng went pear shaped, are Cape in province deliveries fine again?

All good here, post going out & coming in almost as normal, except of course NOTHING coming in from Johannesburg yet ! Hubbie got a parcel from Eastern Cape, took 4 days. So seems they are also moving along nicely ! Also I posted a parcel in strike to Natal and it took 7 days, not bad I think ! Just Johannesburg Pretoria area parcels still frustrating me !

anthony03

Sadly I have decided to de-list my items untill this disgusting postal debacle ends. This unfortunate step has been taken to protect my buyers and myself as a seller . Incidentally, I have done the same on the USA site that I sell on. :(

anthony03

Nothing coming out of or going into Cape Mail sorting hub

mrmouse
Yeah...I get you. How do you find Postnet's service ? I am asking because I am little skeptic to use their service. My understanding is that they are using SAPO's hubs(according to my local postmistress). I use the Aramex at PnP (The Red Box)as a alternative method for outlaying areas and I do find their service really professional. They have delivered a parcel in Kathu, it's about 700 km from where I have posted the parcel in the Red Box, it took 2 days for delivery and they also alerted me that delivery was made via e-mail and sms.

Postnet will send it via sapo if requested ,ie to a po box account , or to counter mail , otherwise its all independant couriers .

Cali Craft and Gems

I have negotiated a deal with Aramex and will now be able to offer courier to door at a better rate than the PnP route. As we are based a distance away from a main hub the rates might be better for those based in the city. Flyer rates are the best and the larger parcel rates are not too bad.

EcigSmokeOnline

It was on the news last night...it's like the usual suspects. This kind of thing doesn't surprise me anymore. I guess it's normal in SA with the current government to be corrupt, highly fashionable, and then get extra leave when things get to hot. Why not go and have a ball in the Bahamas, blame it on apartheid while normal South Africans suffer due to their greed and SAPO fall to pieces.

Trellis

Such a pity, no word on any developments from bid or buy for a national network solution for delivery, sleeping while Take-a-lot and Kalahari joining up to be the biggest threat to online selling in this country with their hooks into delivery solutions. Seems things are not going to get any better soon, what amazes me is that there is no courier yet in SA who does not want to leave their comfort zone and offer a realistic e commerce platform. R100 a parcel under 2 sounds easy and a bargain but its a plain rip-off.

EcigSmokeOnline
Such a pity, no word on any developments from bid or buy for a national network solution for delivery, sleeping while Take-a-lot and Kalahari joining up to be the biggest threat to online selling in this country with their hooks into delivery solutions. Seems things are not going to get any better soon, what amazes me is that there is no courier yet in SA who does not want to leave their comfort zone and offer a realistic e commerce platform. R100 a parcel under 2 sounds easy and a bargain but its a plain rip-off.

Kalahari offer a courier service to any destination for R35, I know because I buy stuff on their site and most items are cheaper than on BoB. Nobody can rival them as yet that I have seen with regarding to shipping charges. BoB has made a quick response earlier in this thread if I remember correctly that they are looking in to a solution. We'll see what happens. If it happens that BoB can offer something similar it would be great and it will mean no more rip offs for buyers, and I think BoB will then grow to the greatest in SA.