Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office strike, ...again

EcigSmokeOnline

I am totally aware of the problems inflicted towards BOB by this kind of situations so I don't expect you to do anything...only asking, I am in no way trying to throw the ball into your court regarding these issues, in fact I think I have done all of the above that you have suggested, also on all my listings in the description part are a message that SAPO is on strike and that we do not recommend their services, but yet there is still buyers using them and replying on check out with a thank you for informing them and therefor they will be patient, I have the mails in my inbox and I will forward them if anybody would like to see . And yes I also use a courier company for deliveries but also buyers have to be given the opportunity to choose which shipping they want to use, we will indeed loose clients if we do not use SAPO as well, also to use a courier in the whole for all orders will be to expensive on the buyers part i.e rural areas etc so it can't be used as the only way of shipping. Some buyers order an item for R24, so surely you can't expect them to pay R100 for shipping....they won't do it.

On the part that you have to deal deal with the barrage of complaints, buyer protection claims, refund requests, HelloPeter complaints, accusations of theft, fraud, poor service etc, that's what you do as the middleman or platform for sellers as you would like to call it and paid for by sellers..isn't it?

I believe most sellers do what they need to do to keep clients happy and yes I believe that clients do get frustrated, I mean we all do go to a store to buy stuff and hate poor service but still a client is NOT always ethical correct, especially by swearing, insulting and telling you how to run your business and giving you a negative rating for something out your control.That's the things we have to deal with as sellers and we deal with it, I am no cry baby but sometimes we all have to ask for help even if we do so in vain.

Have a nice evening MR Qball.

qball

Are you really aware of the size of this issue, come and spend a day here and see what we have to put up with.... ;-)

That's all understandable, but the fact remains - you are offering a buyer an option that is unreliable, unsafe and untrusted... this is I think the 4 th time this year they have striked.

As "middlemen", it's actually not our responsibility to fix these issues. We are not middlemen, nor your agents, nor act on your behalf. It is buyers that make the platform, without their money you don't have a business and neither do we - not everything is about the seller...:toung:

I do believe that too, but i am seeing loads of complaints about long time, professional sellers, who are not even bothering to keep their buyers informed. This is more of a concern than anything else.

No matter if a client swears, insults or tells you how to run your business, it doesn't give you carte blanche to respond in the way many of you do... that is unprofessional, it smacks of poor service ( I am not referring to you b.t.w.). The fact remains they still have not received goods they bought from you and you offered them that option, so you are ultimately responsible for what happens thereafter. But Yes, there are many great sellers who are affected by this, but one needs to plan for these issues and have contingency plans in place if you wish to continue selling and operate a successful business.

Don't get me wrong, yes, it's frustrating and often not fair, but at the end of the day, they paid and haven't got their goods... that is undeniable and that is all we as bidorbuy can look at.

I wish you a pleasant evening too. :grin:

MiemsJewels
Lovely. 5 Negatives and 1 Neutral so far. The biggest problem is the parcels I have that is stuck at Tshwane and not scanned in there.

And another NEGATIVE for me. :mad::mad::mad:

Not1CentMore

I carefully explain to each Buyer that with the current ongoing SAPO strike I cannot guarantee when their parcel will arrive or even if it will arrive intact (undamaged) even when shipped USPS expedited/registered/insured... even going so far as to inform them that with the strike, any loss or damage will not be covered as per USPS policies. With this in mind, I recommend they either 'wait it out' and allow me to ship after all the hoopla with SAPO is over or pay the HUGE, GIGANTIC fees charged by UPS or FedEx.

One Buyer has asked me to wait and two want their parcels shipped now USPS/SAPO. "The customer is always right" even when they are in the wrong. I have done all I can to share my concern, but ultimately, it is the Buyer's choice; ship now USPS/SAPO, Courier or wait.

Ruthie

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Its one thing to say plan accordingly and have alternative delivery plans in place,but....when u sell cheaper items for R20 TO R60 then their is no alternative but the post office,nothing else is financially viable for seller or buyer.

All u can do is then offer to hold and combine all and send when stirke is over,if and whenever that is but this does affect sales and payments.

XTRADE

Miems. Once Bidorbuy sends out that email on Sundays saying please rate the buyers of sellers of your items. My hart starts beating as I await the bad ratings.

I have stopped offering the Postal service to customers and only have Courier or Postnet To Postnet as a option.

But where my fingers are burned is the parcels sent out the first week of the strike when I was not informed yet about it and the items ended up at Tshwane. Then the guys returned to work 2 weeks ago for about 4 days. The Post office area manager said I can start sending out items again. So I ended up sending another 12 parcels that is also at Tshwane now.

Yesterday a birdie told me that there were damage caused to parcels at Tshwane Mail centre and that there was parcels opened etc. I really hope mine is not some of them

YiaYia1

Found out some of the Post Net offices also use the Post Office facility. Think it is better not to offer any items to buy or for auction because most buyer prefer cheaper options to have their parcels to be delivered.

Pure frustration from Sellers and Buyers cause tempers to flare up.

YiaYia1

XTRADE, I went to the Tswane Hub. It is impossible to retrieve your parcels from the hub. They told me no parcels have been damaged

EcigSmokeOnline

Did you guys saw the news last night about SAPO?:wtf: There is some rumors doing the round that SAPO is backrupt, that's what the news reader on KyKnet said, also SAPO's workers did not get paid....Well, the only way forward is to cut SAPO out of the system and that's exactly what I intend to do. Finish en klaar.:idea:

EcigSmokeOnline

Hi qball, Just want to say a word of thanks to you and the rest of the BOB team. I saw that a message for the P.O strike is displayed on my user page. Thank you for this, I really appreciate it.

Have nice (busy) day:toung:

MiemsJewels
Miems. Once Bidorbuy sends out that email on Sundays saying please rate the buyers of sellers of your items. My hart starts beating as I await the bad ratings.

I have stopped offering the Postal service to customers and only have Courier or Postnet To Postnet as a option.

But where my fingers are burned is the parcels sent out the first week of the strike when I was not informed yet about it and the items ended up at Tshwane. Then the guys returned to work 2 weeks ago for about 4 days. The Post office area manager said I can start sending out items again. So I ended up sending another 12 parcels that is also at Tshwane now.

Yesterday a birdie told me that there were damage caused to parcels at Tshwane Mail centre and that there was parcels opened etc. I really hope mine is not some of them

XTRADE....As from this moment I only send my items from Pick & Pay (Berco). To hell with the post office!

Really hope there is not too much damage done to our parcels at the Tshwane Hub. I'm a nervous wreck :nuts::nuts:...too scared to look at my ratings...

......Had to change my shipping options again . Buyers complaining about the high shipping cost of Berco. :sowsuser:

Edited by MiemsJewels

XTRADE

YiaYia1 Well hope that there was no damage to property. Also spoke to someone at Tshwane Mail centre.

Postnet to Postnet luckily does not use the Post office for this service R99 up to 5kg. But some other services they offer they do use the Post office.

I also heard from a senior manager in the Post office they did not get pay this month. Im getting more nervous by the day.

At the moment I am using Globeflight and I am very happy with the rates they charge me.

NooNooBug

I was also informed that Postnet use SAPo so I have stayed away from that tangle. Am trying to find the best option that wont cost a fortune as buyers wont want to pay too much and I can't subsidize it for them or there would be no point me selling things ! Busy looking into Fastway Envelope thingies, anyone have any experience with them ?

EcigSmokeOnline
I was also informed that Postnet use SAPo so I have stayed away from that tangle. Am trying to find the best option that wont cost a fortune as buyers wont want to pay too much and I can't subsidize it for them or there would be no point me selling things ! Busy looking into Fastway Envelope thingies, anyone have any experience with them ?

Yes I use Fastway, their services and rates are very good if you use their national satchels but only downside is that they don't cover the whole of SA, they will however cover any area but then it start to get expensive.

kebs

So what does one do when you warn buyers, in the listing, under the postage section & in a separate email after purchase, about the strike.. Buyer chooses SAPO anyway, then leaves negative or neutral because their parcel has not arrived? For some buyers, the cost of the item doesn't make it worthwhile to choose a more expensive method of postage, but surely then, after all the warnings, they should take some responsibility as well.. & bidorbuy don't want to remove those ratings either..

mrmouse

Postnet has there own freight service but will use Priority to PO counter if requested and they collect priority for there customers otherwise all is done via courier.

mrmouse
So what does one do when you warn buyers, in the listing, under the postage section & in a separate email after purchase, about the strike.. Buyer chooses SAPO anyway, then leaves negative or neutral because their parcel has not arrived? For some buyers, the cost of the item doesn't make it worthwhile to choose a more expensive method of postage, but surely then, after all the warnings, they should take some responsibility as well.. & bidorbuy don't want to remove those ratings either..

Dont include a sapo rate at all only courier .If you use PnP to door its R85 if you have a PnP loyalty card, YEEEEEEHA.

Just Beachin

What is the SADF good for? Couldn't they use some practice with protecting our postal offices?

moodTime

Things are looking bleak, despite the post office press release today saying Durban is operating and Cape/JHB started again with limited operations this is only temporary. The branch manager informed me today that they are now waiting on CCMA to issue a protected strike notice then they off again, he said there is a good chance of fully protected strike this coming week just hope the court/CCMA have some brains and declines this protected strike request!!

kebs
Dont include a sapo rate at all only courier .If you use PnP to door its R85 if you have a PnP loyalty card, YEEEEEEHA.

My courier rate is cheaper, people still don't want to pay that much, especially for a low value item.. Do PnP deliver to anywhere for that rate? Even to the middle of nowhere? My courier charges a lot more for out in the sticks!

admin
My courier rate is cheaper, people still don't want to pay that much, especially for a low value item.. Do PnP deliver to anywhere for that rate? Even to the middle of nowhere? My courier charges a lot more for out in the sticks!

Aramex South Africa - Home - Delivery Unlimited

moodTime
Things are looking bleak, despite the post office press release today saying Durban is operating and Cape/JHB started again with limited operations this is only temporary. The branch manager informed me today that they are now waiting on CCMA to issue a protected strike notice then they off again, he said there is a good chance of fully protected strike this coming week just hope the court/CCMA have some brains and declines this protected strike request!!

27-09-2014 : No end in sight to postal strike :mad:

It amazes me how the SA Post Office can blatantly issue false statements on their facebook page in the attempt to cover up the truth!!

No end in sight to postal strike - Gauteng | IOL News | IOL.co.za

EcigSmokeOnline
It is the one in Pick&Pay, used to be called Berco. Just keep in mind they do not offer insurance on parcels.

http://www.aramex.co.za/media/uploads/aramexdropboxdomesticfaqs.pdf

Well I think this is a much better alternative than Speed couriers, I have started to use them as well. I were browsing through other sellers listings earlier and I can definitely see that more alternative shipping methods have been implemented and PO has been phased out . Maybe SAPO's latest strike should have happened a long time ago.:grin:

Edited by EcigSmokeOnline
spelling