Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office strike, ...again

EcigSmokeOnline

GMF...SOOO GATVOL with SAPO's noncence. :worried:

Miss Jewels

Since the strike, I have been advising my buyers to make use of couries and this is working for us. Aramex, Fastway, DHL & Ram Couriers are now my main postage selection. Fast, efficient service and most of the time, Aramex and Fastway pricing is much the same as SAPO.... their service is just much better.

Trellis
Since the strike, I have been advising my buyers to make use of couries and this is working for us. Aramex, Fastway, DHL & Ram Couriers are now my main postage selection. Fast, efficient service and most of the time, Aramex and Fastway pricing is much the same as SAPO.... their service is just much better.
Sad to say i opened an aramex account and for small items nobody can come close to econo parcel even taking another R20 discount I'm still at double that cost So sad but what can we do

windrider
Sad to say i opened an aramex account and for small items nobody can come close to econo parcel even taking another R20 discount I'm still at double that cost So sad but what can we do

Spoke to Speed services this morning. They stated the strike is over and they're just dealing with backlog. Will see how it goes

RISadler
Aramex, Fastway, DHL & Ram Couriers are now my main postage selection. Fast, efficient service and most of the time, Aramex and Fastway pricing is much the same as SAPO.... their service is just much better.

Just browsed through the Aramex website: they have a feature to integrate their courier services with your own e-commerce website. Neat-O ...

MiemsJewels

GEEN pille vir domheid nie. She reported me to Community watch.

Good to know!

The page displayed here is the BETA for the new design. If you have any helpful suggestions or bug complaints please email us at info@trackmyparcel.co.za

Delivery progress for PE856516830ZA

2014/08/20 14:13

Item Accepted by branch GA-NALA

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's Largest Online Marketplace

A member of the bidorbuy community has made the following report through the bidorbuy Community Watch for Item Id: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/157566338/Pearl_and_Crystal_Double_String_Necklace_Free_Gift_Box.html.

Subject: Multiple Items

Note:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not received the parcel because I delayed collection from post office.Please check with your post office and send back the parcel.

Please note that every time you create a listing you agree to the bidorbuy rules and regulations. Please make sure to respect the bidorbuy Listing Policy.

This email was sent from a member of the bidorbuy community, and not from bidorbuy itself. However, you may respond to bidorbuy by replying to this message.

You may also want to:

NooNooBug

-I have not received the parcel because I delayed collection from post office...

Am I reading correctly ?

Seriously? Reported you ?

I have no more words for that !

YiaYia1

Whaaaa ha he he. Some people really have a battle when the age are tripple their IQ

MiemsJewels

-I have not received the parcel because I delayed collection from post office...

Am I reading correctly ?

Seriously? Reported you ?

I have no more words for that !

Never a dull moment on Bidorbuy :laugh:

Free Soul Styles

"I did not collect, so it's your fault, now send it back to me for free because i reported you"... Bravo.

arriwyks
Please watch this space...

Awesome Idea! Should have been implemented long ago! This can curb unfair shipping charges too!

arriwyks

I shudder to think what the impact on the claims process, for lost insured parcels, are going to be with this never ending strike and huge backlog? How will the post office know if a parcel is lost, or just sitting at one of the mail centres that has not been operating for the past two month?

Free Soul Styles

That was my question to the manager of my post office. The reply was, "I don't know".

And with my luck the items i bought over a month ago was probably on one of the trucks that was burnt...

moodTime

25-09-2014 : SAPO Facebook update:

Industrial action by casual postal workers continues to have a detrimental effect on mail delivery. This morning, the Witspos, Germiston and International mail centres are operational, but not at full capacity. Tshwane and Krugersdorp Mail Centres are not operational.

CapeMaIl, the sorting centre in Cape Town, is operational but not at full capacity. The mail centre in Bloemfontein is not operational.

Post Office management is still continuously meeting with striking workers to solve the impasse, and is using the services the SA Police and other security services to ward off possible violence.

If incidents of violence do occur, the Post Office will lay charges with the SA Police.

MiemsJewels

Another 4 Neutral rating for me because of the strike. DARN!!

Elegant Glitzy Austrian Crystal 6 rows Rhinestone Stretch Bracelet

Comment:

STILL WAITING

Response:

(25 Sep 2014)

Your items were shipped on the 1st of September. There is a postal strike on at the moment. Please change rating as it is undeserved. Thank you!

R16.00

rated on 25 Sep 2014

on MiemsJewels (19029 Rating score between 15000 and 19999) Verified User

Pearl and Crystal Double String Necklace (Free Gift Box)

Comment:

STILL WAITING

Response:

(25 Sep 2014)

Your items were shipped on the 1st of September. There is a postal strike on at the moment. Please change rating as it is undeserved. Thank you!

R32.00

rated on 25 Sep 2014

**STUNNING - GOLD & BLACK - QUARTZ WATCH** (gold face)

Comment:

STILL WAITING

R81.00

rated on 25 Sep 2014

on bullshark2000 (2637 Rating score between 1000 and 4999) Verified User

Large Silver Tone Rhinestone Eiffel Tower Pendant Twisted Chain Necklace & Earrings Set

Comment:

STILL WAITING

Response:

(25 Sep 2014)

Hi Yvonne. Isn't this neutral rating a bit undeserved? Your parcel was send out. The post office is on strike for 5 weeks already.

R16.00

rated on 25 Sep 2014

Lovely Gold Tone Bib Necklace (Free Gift Box)

Comment:

STILL WAITING

Response:

(25 Sep 2014)

ATA STAMP CENTRE
25-09-2014 : SAPO Facebook update:

Industrial action by casual postal workers continues to have a detrimental effect on mail delivery. This morning, the Witspos, Germiston and International mail centres are operational, but not at full capacity. Tshwane and Krugersdorp Mail Centres are not operational.

CapeMaIl, the sorting centre in Cape Town, is operational but not at full capacity. The mail centre in Bloemfontein is not operational.

Post Office management is still continuously meeting with striking workers to solve the impasse, and is using the services the SA Police and other security services to ward off possible violence.

If incidents of violence do occur, the Post Office will lay charges with the SA Police.

A total lot of BS

This is not just casual workers but permanent staff as well,,branches that are closed are not manned by casuals but by permanent staff and cape mail is not collecting or delivering mail to branches at all.

How do they expect us to believe this crap they spinning.

GemDeals

Has anyone been able to get parcels that are stuck at post office back again? Our post office says the parcel isn't at the branch anymore but it does shows it was last scanned.

If this strike goes on much longer I have a feeling they are going to fold and our parcels might just be gone then... :push:

MiemsJewels

Pick & Pay envelopes sold out in Secunda. Now I have to drive To Witbank or Bronkhorstspruit in the hope that they still have envelopes.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

This is weird

I sold 70 items last night crazy wed sale and till now not a single order been received as completed.

Never had this before,and not to talk of the payments oustanding for last two weeks.

DEFINITELY strike related.

moodTime

DBN HUB seems to have operated today as I received 2 stock parcels earlier.... but not holding my breath as I have many more still in JHB and JIMC :mad::mad:

XTRADE

Lovely. 5 Negatives and 1 Neutral so far. The biggest problem is the parcels I have that is stuck at Tshwane and not scanned in there.

EcigSmokeOnline

I am having sleepless nights due to SAPO and thier BS strikes, I am a verified seller and what bothers me most is the fact and I quote from the terms agreed to when applying for verified status...."You understand that bidorbuy has the right to remove your listings and suspend your bidorbuy account without refunding your Verified User registration fee. In particular, if your percentage positive ratings drop below 95%, you risk having your Verified User status revoked." ....If and I think it's possible that enough buyers rate me negative for SAPO's crap service and strikes etc, will this be inforced? I think it's unfair if it will be, and therefor I agree that unfair ratings should be removed by BOB when they are aware of such circumstances.

Also I would suggest that BOB need to implement a new strategy to get all and especially new users to be informed about any such circumstances i.e. display a message on every page that a strike is currently in progression. If you have a look at Kalahari.com you will see that it's displayed on every page that you open in their site on the top, so it will be the first thing that anybody will see if when browsing their site. I think this might work and only fair to all.

How about it BidorBuy?

qball
I am having sleepless nights due to SAPO and thier BS strikes, I am a verified seller and what bothers me most is the fact and I quote from the terms agreed to when applying for verified status...."You understand that bidorbuy has the right to remove your listings and suspend your bidorbuy account without refunding your Verified User registration fee. In particular, if your percentage positive ratings drop below 95%, you risk having your Verified User status revoked." ....If and I think it's possible that enough buyers rate me negative for SAPO's crap service and strikes etc, will this be inforced? I think it's unfair if it will be, and therefor I agree that unfair ratings should be removed by BOB when they are aware of such circumstances.

Also I would suggest that BOB need to implement a new strategy to get all and especially new users to be informed about any such circumstances i.e. display a message on every page that a strike is currently in progression. If you have a look at Kalahari.com you will see that it's displayed on every page that you open in their site on the top, so it will be the first thing that anybody will see if when browsing their site. I think this might work and only fair to all.

How about it BidorBuy?

We won't based on the postal strike.

Regarding the notice, it is already an article on our Help Landing page. We do not control or sell the products ourselves (like Kalahari), not all sellers are affected by this. But we are looking at posting a notice when you log into My bidorbuy. It is actually the seller's responsibility to notify their buyers.

EcigSmokeOnline

I am aware of the article in the Help page, new users in almost all cases do not know how to navigate their way about the site and will for that reason not be aware of the article in the Help page.

We do not control or sell the products ourselves (like Kalahari), not all sellers are affected by this.

There are in fact private sellers on Kalahari, it's not all Kalahari's products. Does it matter who are affected by this?

But we are looking at posting a notice when you log into My bidorbuy[

Looking forward to message ( hopefully it won't take to long to be integrated)

" It is actually the seller's responsibility to notify their buyers."

Thank you for pointing this out, but I am aware of the fact that it's actually MY responsibility as a seller and I think so are 1000's of other sellers. Just asking for a little help from you guys although I know you have a lot to do.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by EcigSmokeOnline
wrong set up

qball

There is an expectation that bidorbuy must solve all of these issues. The bulk of listings on Kalahari are in fact their own products. My advice, don't use the PO. Start using proper tracked and secure delivery options.

Sellers continue to take money for goods they cannot knowingly deliver, and then in most cases keep quiet or blame the PO for their issues. We then have to deal with the barrage of complaints, buyer protection claims, refund requests, HelloPeter complaints, accusations of theft, fraud, poor service etc. As you can imagine, we have our hands full at the moment.

Sellers need to start looking at their businesses seriously and take steps to avoid the PO or these types of issues, yet many carry on as if it's business as usual and then keep quiet when buyers start asking questions with no comms at all. That's not service, and a message on every page on bidorbuy will not do anything to alleviate that. Not all sellers use the PO, so by putting a message like that out on every page affects sellers who ship using other methods, but because we are now "advertising" this message everywhere on the site, it will have a negative impact on them as well.

As long as you guys keep communicating with your clients, remember they too are frustrated - they paid money for goods to be delivered and haven't received them.