Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office strike, ...again

SUNMASTER

556502_362919207086359_956654169_n.jpg?oh=df45f1e9f0b56436bd4da470eadaa12d&oe=54951D0D&__gda__=1418002140_47a12998fac163377c3e60598e3746a6[h=5]South African Post Office[/h]2 hours ago

Just after the resolution of the strike by casual workers, workers at the Witspos, Tshwane Mail, Germiston and Polokwane mail depots have downed tools on an illegal strike.

The reasons given for the action is the appointment of temporary mail workers into permanent positions.

The current strike action adds mail in the mail system by four days.

Janras Kotsi, group executive: Mail Business said the SA Post Office is engaging organised labour and implementing contingency plans to keep mail moving.

foxmulder2007

This is via Sapo Facebook page :

Unfortunately a number of post offices in Gauteng and the Cape Town area had to be closed for the safety of our customers and employees. These are:

Cape Town area

• Eppindust Post Office

• Caravelle Post Office

• Claremont Post Office

• Bonteheuwel Post Office

• Rondebosch Post Office

• Howard Place Post Office

• Millstreet Post Office

• Wynberg Post Office

• Khayelitsha Post Office

• Lingelethu West Post Office

• Manyanani Post Office

• Makhaya Post Office

• Elonwabeni Post Office

Johannesburg area:

• Kemptonpark

• Daveyton

• Daveyton East

• Krugersdorp

• Alrode

• Germiston

• Ironside

• Kwenzekile

• Sharpeville

• Walkerville

• Stretford

I have a feeling that list is only going to get longer...

Not that it matters since the ones that are open aren't accepting parcels at any rate(at least the ones we've been in contact with in PTA).

RISadler
.... workers at the Witspos, Tshwane Mail, Germiston and Polokwane mail depots have downed tools on an illegal strike.

Valid reason for legally firing the lot. SAPO should do it and then hire other people. :evil:

YiaYia1

Miems received my first demand......."if you can not deliver, I want you to refund my money and I dont like giving negative ratings" .

Post the parcel within a few hours after payment has been confirmed. Scanned in at Magaliesburg and left the same day for Tswane Hub. Now I can not deliver.

Will refund him, but will also file a SNC..... The ripple effect..... My commission paid back from BOB. The buyer will also have a negative rating with my comment about his unfair rating.

qball
Miems received my first demand......."if you can not deliver, I want you to refund my money and I dont like giving negative ratings" .

Post the parcel within a few hours after payment has been confirmed. Scanned in at Magaliesburg and left the same day for Tswane Hub. Now I can not deliver.

Will refund him, but will also file a SNC..... The ripple effect..... My commission paid back from BOB. The buyer will also have a negative rating with my comment about his unfair rating.

Please do not rate the buyer negative, this will be viewed as retaliation.

TribalTrade
Please do not rate the buyer negative, this will be viewed as retaliation.

Dear QBall,

The SAPO strikes must have a very bad influence on your own income, as I noticed a significant decline in listings, especially on the Promotional Categories.

I have seen many unfair ratings handed to Sellers during this strike period. It seems that Bidorbuy justifies these ratings as all your comments on every category in this forum have sided with the Buyers.

I have been told how disgusting my service is, I have been sworn at, I have been disrespected with abusive e-mails and I have been told how to run my business in many ways.

All this after every buyer had knowledge of the strikes, after they had the option of courier deliveries, after they made the choice to still grab that bargain knowing that there will be delays in postage.

I as a seller have communicated with all buyers to the extent of over-informing them of the situation.

Yet, you will still get buyers with a VERY demanding attitude and abusive communications.

It is then that sellers retaliate with ratings as they can only take so much!

qball
Dear QBall,

The SAPO strikes must have a very bad influence on your own income, as I noticed a significant decline in listings, especially on the Promotional Categories.

I have seen many unfair ratings handed to Sellers during this strike period. It seems that Bidorbuy justifies these ratings as all your comments on every category in this forum have sided with the Buyers.

I have been told how disgusting my service is, I have been sworn at, I have been disrespected with abusive e-mails and I have been told how to run my business in many ways.

All this after every buyer had knowledge of the strikes, after they had the option of courier deliveries, after they made the choice to still grab that bargain knowing that there will be delays in postage.

I as a seller have communicated with all buyers to the extent of over-informing them of the situation.

Yet, you will still get buyers with a VERY demanding attitude and abusive communications.

It is then that sellers retaliate with ratings as they can only take so much!

That's no excuse to retaliate. Your business also comprises service. You assume the risk when you use options like the Post Office, the buyer does not always have a choice in this. They have paid and have not received goods. As a seller you will be presented with such challenges, it is how you rise above that to offer good service, offer alternatives to the buyers, after all you have their money.... it's not just about sellers. There are MANY buyers who have paid and have not received goods - instead of accepting more orders as many sellers are still doing and still insisting on using the postal services knowing there is a strike on, can you blame buyers for being upset? Rather make plans and arrangements to side step these issues by offering alternatives.

We too get sworn at, called names etc, but that does NOT give us the right to retaliate in such a manner. It puts all sellers in a bad light.

qball

We also get Hellopeter complaints about this issue even though we are not responsible for it, that does not give us reason to retaliate or be vindictive to the customer/buyer. We are being blamed for this too!

TribalTrade
That's no excuse to retaliate. Your business also comprises service. You assume the risk when you use options like the Post Office, the buyer does not always have a choice in this. They have paid and have not received goods. As a seller you will be presented with such challenges, it is how you rise above that to offer good service, offer alternatives to the buyers, after all you have their money.... it's not just about sellers. There are MANY buyers who have paid and have not received goods - instead of accepting more orders as many sellers are still doing and still insisting on using the postal services knowing there is a strike on, can you blame buyers for being upset? Rather make plans and arrangements to side step these issues by offering alternatives.

QBall,

In many of these instances, parcels were posted between 13/8/2014 and 21/8/2014.

The strikes were already in full swing, but many people did not even know this. This means that parcels were already posted and in the SAPO system. There is NO WAY that a seller can now render a different or alternative service. This upsets the buyers. Once that parcel left my premisses during this period, I did my part.

The buyer now has to understand that strikes are the problem, yet they rate negatively. The buyer has no right to rate badly for items posted during this period.

I agree that the seller can not retaliate, but then Bidorbuy should really support the sellers with the removal of these unfair ratings.

YiaYia1

I did add an alternative. Because it is higher in cost, buyers don't use this option. Keep the buyers up to date. I am also a buyer and understand the situation on both sides. It is normally the newer buyers whom do not want to understand. If I could get the parcels back and find an alternative way to send them, I will do that. The strike started after the parcel in question was send.

Vinyl Lady Decals
QBall,

In many of these instances, parcels were posted between 13/8/2014 and 21/8/2014.

The strikes were already in full swing, but many people did not even know this. This means that parcels were already posted and in the SAPO system. There is NO WAY that a seller can now render a different or alternative service. This upsets the buyers. Once that parcel left my premisses during this period, I did my part.

The buyer now has to understand that strikes are the problem, yet they rate negatively. The buyer has no right to rate badly for items posted during this period.

I agree that the seller can not retaliate, but then Bidorbuy should really support the sellers with the removal of these unfair ratings.

I agree here, although I don't agree that sellers should retaliate with negatives, I do feel very strongly that bidorbuy should support sellers by removing unwarranted negatives.

I also posted parcels during this period not knowing there was a strike on. SAPO had been trying to keep news of the strike secret as they do every time. Using SAPO without knowing about the strike can hardly be blamed on the seller then, can it?

I also have a courier option, but because I sell decals that are posted in postal tubes, courier prices are exhorbitant (i have tried all the various options and can't get the courier costs down), very few buyers opt for this.

So in the meantime, I am patiently waiting for everything to calm down and just hoping that my buyers are understanding and don't give me any negatives. i am keeping them updated every step of the way.

MiemsJewels

We will get more and more demands to pay back their money YiaYia. With the tracking system out of order, the buyers think we're not telling the truth about the postal strike.

meeks
We will get more and more demands to pay back their money YiaYia. With the tracking system out of order, the buyers think we're not telling the truth about the postal strike.

The tracking system is so out of order, that progress info on parcels that was showing has now disappeared. I have been tracking a parcel, (an order for a bridal client) and the parcel was tracked right up to Durban (Durnail) on Tuesday morning, and it was still showing last night.This morning however, the only information on this parcel is the acceptance scan from Cape Town post office where it was handed in on the 12th September, the rest of the progress info has mysteriously disappeared, and it is doubtful whether customer services will take any calls, as a tape message says "due to unforeseen circumstances we can not take your call"

I feel so sorry for the BoB sellers who rely on their BoB sales as their main income, and those having to put up with insults and negative ratings!! so unfair!!

RISadler

What if ... BoB makes a deal with one or two of the major courier companies to handle all the parcels from "Verified Sellers" at a competitive and possibly flat rate.

qball
What if ... BoB makes a deal with one or two of the major courier companies to handle all the parcels from "Verified Sellers" at a competitive and possibly flat rate.

Please watch this space...

moodTime

According to SA POST office press release Gauteng and Capetown are on strike, and according to reliable source as of today Durban is also on strike.

Just Beachin

Damn it! (not really a bad word huh?) I just received the big new from my Umhlanga Post office, Durban Hub has been on strike as of today, Tomorrow it goes completely nation wide with a close down of all Post Office. Hopefully, this mass action will draw more attention, making the public more aware of what's going on. Seems the media is on the "Governments" Postal Services side, by limiting information and trying to keep it hush!

Not1CentMore

I am telling all my Buyers that I am not 'comfy' in posting their parcels until the hoopla with SAPO is resolved (shipping UPS/FedEx is just too dang expensive). I am not refusing not to ship; ultimately their decision, but I cannot guarantee if / when their parcel will arrive or even if it will arrive intact. Most are agreeable, but one or two want their parcel immediately... yeah, with the strike, that's gonna end well.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore
fingers working faster than brain

moodTime

South African Post Office - 19/09/2014

SAPO management is engaging in earnest discussions with leaders from three worker unions in a bid to bring the persistent and disruptive industrial action by employees to a swift end.

Employees have been participating in various unprotected strikes since January, which has caused interruptions in SAPO’s sorting and distribution processes resulting in delays in postal and parcel deliveries.

“We are aware of the frustration that this is causing our customers and empathize with those small businesses and ordinary members of the public who rely on our postal services for settling accounts,” says Mlu Mathonsi, SAPO Chief Operations Officer.

“We apologize profusely for the inconvenience the strikes are causing and assure our customers that SAPO is attending to this at the highest level to return postal services to normal as soon as possible.”

Central to the strikes are ongoing disputes between management and labour that began in 2012 when SAPO started to implement its Flexible Labour Strategy to convert 7 945 casual workers into permanent employees. The strategy adopted a phased approach where casual workers were offered permanent but part-time positions as an alternative to being contracted to the company via labour brokers.

Sneed

Been waiting for my parcel since the 8th of Sept...currently at witspos hub...:mad:

Just hope my daughters gift is still in tact!

TribalTrade
Been waiting for my parcel since the 8th of Sept...currently at witspos hub...:mad:

Just hope my daughters gift is still in tact!

I have buyers that have been waiting since 13 August 2014!

They are all in the Pretoria and East Rand regions.

Trellis
Please watch this space...

I do Hope this happens soon, The strikes don't only affect sellers they affect Bid or buy, further more as ecom uptake increases in South Africa there is more choice of websites, with companies like Take a lot and others who have the muscle behind them to negotiate great deals not withstanding the fact that they are buying into courier companies this will have a very negative impact on bid or buy as a whole and it would be irrelevant to state that bid or buy is growing in-spite of this or that they competing in a different market segment, those lines are blurring and strikes impact that market segment alone forcing buyers to look elsewhere to spend their money.

Another bit of irrelevance would be the range of products to buy trade partners from some sources can have as many and 8 or 9 million products which is more than sufficient to bite into bid or buys market share and that spirals down to us the sellers as well. So I really hope that Bid or buy could find a way to negotiate on behalf of a mutual threat. Ebay has done this, Amazon has done this. we may not be able to compare but the point is its progressive in its nature. So we are standing behind you!