Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office strike, ...again

mrmouse
My nearest town with a post net is 55 km. Cost to take a parcel to your nearest post net will be to costly. Buyers will then report sellers again non stop.

How about a Pick N Pay ? some offer store to door Via Aramex for R85 , you can check on Aramex website if youre PnP is doing it .

moodTime
How about a Pick N Pay ? some offer store to door Via Aramex for R85 , you can check on Aramex website if youre PnP is doing it .

I used them for the first time this week, overnight delivery to door and at a very reasonable rate.

circe

i talked to the sorting hub in krugersdorp and they are hard at work. the lady i talked to say that my parsel will be in my hands by vryday as they have a bit of backlog.

frikkie

moodTime
i talked to the sorting hub in krugersdorp and they are hard at work. the lady i talked to say that my parsel will be in my hands by vryday as they have a bit of backlog.

frikkie

I just hope everything is cleared this week.

mrmouse

frikkie

Makes no difference , next month they will strike again ,ive lost thousands of rands because of late shipments over the last few weeks ,will never use sapo again

YiaYia1

:biggrin:: :PnP same distance. Live on a farm. Nearest "one horse town" 10 km of which 6 km is a terrible dirt road

Reynet Trading

For what it's worth..

Strike ends; Ekurhuleni mail delivery problems resume | Boksburg Advertiser

Edited by Reynet Trading

NooNooBug

Tracked my MIA parcels and seems that there is a bit of movement again ! Unfortunately some are still not scanned so have no clue where they are !

XTRADE

This is ridiculous.

The customers plain and simple does not read. I have put in my shipping terms about the Post Office strike and that if the customers are in a hurry they should choose the courier option. However I put this in the shipping terms customers still choose the Post Office and then after 5 days I start getting the phone calls and emails about how upset they are because the item has not moved and and and.

Today after reading more issues looming in the Post office I have decided not to offer the Post office as a shipping method again until the labour unrest in the Post office has been resolved.

This strike has halved my sales in a month. And I can just imagine once the Neutral and Negatives start piling up what this will do to business. We as sellers after all gets rated on behalf of the Post office too.

Bidorbuy has been a hobby for me the last 3 years but this hobby has become a serious headache with all the strikes at the Post office especially Tshwane the last year and a half

YiaYia1

Clearly buyers dont know what is happening in our country. Strike actions are not limited to the Post Office. Some buyers do not understand the rating criteria. A seller should be rated on the service, communication and the product sold.

meeks

Cape Mail on strike

Apparently the Hub at cape mail is on strike as from yesterday. This was confirmed by a staff member at the Main Post office (Grand Central ) in Cape Town this morning?

Has anyone else heard about this?..

circe

hi

i sent a parcel to capetown today via postnet. R99 and it will take 3-4 days from monday.

if the post office is striking, so should we also go on a strike and stop useing them. there is not a big difference between R75 and R99.

with postnet i do not even bother anymore to insure the parsels as there was to date for 4 years not even a misplaced parcel.

i live on a farm 40 km from the nearest town. i stock up the parcels and sent it away once a week.

Edited by circe

XTRADE

Wow. So its 4 Negatives in 1 day because customers did not read when they did checkout where it said the SA Post office in Gauteng is striking. No parcels are moving anywhere.

I read that Capemail workers went on strike Friday.

YiaYia1

At this stage I am on my knees begging, pulling my hair out and desperate. I do inform my buyers of the situation. The strike is hurting our sales. The strike is also not covered well in the media.

My nearest town, where there is a postnet or other courier services, is 55km's. High shipping costs are allready a sensitive issue. When a buyer win an auction on a R1.00 bid and has to pay R95 to R110 to ship a parcel, they will keep BOB admin very busy with complaints.

I also see a high negative ratings against sellers coming.

Now I would like to suggest an idea :

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A NEWSFLASH ON THE BOB PAGE ALLERTING BUYERS ON THE STRIKE SITUATION

:cry:

RISadler

SAPO should just fire the whole lot and replace them with computers.

meeks
SAPO should just fire the whole lot and replace them with computers.

I got feedback from the post office "management" this morning. Apparently Capemail is "still negotiating a strike" and I was also told "we are not sure whether they will strike or not" in the meantime parcels have been scanned in and out of Capemail.

With any luck an order I made for my bridal business will get to me via Durban before Durmail decides to strike:worried:

retailrush

Hi all - I am wanting to post a parcel from Port Elizabeth to Mpumalanga. Does anyone know which major HUBs it will pass through... It will obviously start the journey at the PE (HUB) - but then will it go onto the WITSPOS (HUB) and then onto Mpumalanga? I have tried to find out whether or not there is a strike currently on by calling two post offices in my area - however, neither one of them can actually tell me anything. They do say that they are both sending and receiving parcels at the moment with no apparent delays... My customer says I should hold onto the item if there is a strike - however, I can't just hold onto it indefinitely - I need to find out if there is a strike or not. Can anyone help? Thanks - Wendy

YiaYia1

Witpos is still on strike

MiemsJewels

What about buyers asking their money back ?

XTRADE

Tshwane mail centre staff walked out Today. So there is nothing happening there again.

YiaYia1. I agree, It would be nice if there was some sort of warning that Buyers could not miss regarding the strike.

Retailrush, if parcels was sent from Durmail to Capemail they were just slowed down. The big problem is Gauteng, Parcels coming and going from Gauteng is affected the most.

I now get buyer who bought something in Jeffreysbay or Durban and situated in Capetown. Saying they have received all other items that was sent in the duration of the strike except mine. So now automatically its my fault again.

I now offer only courier of Postnet. But as YiaYia1 said. Buyers are already sensitive about high shipping costs and couriers are not cheap if sent to outlaying areas.

meeks
Tshwane mail centre staff walked out Today. So there is nothing happening there again.

YiaYia1. I agree, It would be nice if there was some sort of warning that Buyers could not miss regarding the strike.

Retailrush, if parcels was sent from Durmail to Capemail they were just slowed down. The big problem is Gauteng, Parcels coming and going from Gauteng is affected the most.

I now get buyer who bought something in Jeffreysbay or Durban and situated in Capetown. Saying they have received all other items that was sent in the duration of the strike except mine. So now automatically its my fault again.

I now offer only courier of Postnet. But as YiaYia1 said. Buyers are already sensitive about high shipping costs and couriers are not cheap if sent to outlaying areas.

Just heard from a BOB client that the strike is on again, but this time it is nationwide.It is difficult to confirm, because some queries comes back with a "yes it's nationwide" others say only Gauteng.and the hubs that are said to be operating normally are not answering any phones.

TribalTrade
Just heard from a BOB client that the strike is on again, but this time it is nationwide.It is difficult to confirm, because some queries comes back with a "yes it's nationwide" others say only Gauteng and the hubs that are said to be operating normally are not answering any phones.

I just spoke to our Postal Clerk. It seems that the strikes in Gauteng has not been resolved and the violence are escalating.

The "striking workers" intimidate the working staff at the retail centres. There have been reports of cars being stoned, and assaults on postal workers.

The staff working in the retail centres will not open shop from Wednesday until their safety can be guaranteed.

This is what I have just been told. If true we need to make alternative arrangements!