Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office strike, ...again

foxmulder2007    10
foxmulder2007

Just returned from the post office and we were informed that the Tshwane hub is supposedly stiking again(as of 13:00 18/08/2014). Can someone else confirm this?

I have no reason to doubt it, as we are on good terms with the staff at this branch and the postmaster herself told us that they were informed of the strike only this morning. No confirmation of exactly who/how many workers are striking or for how long.

No further information right now, so if someone else knows something - please post it here so that we can all adjust accordingly

foxmulder2007    10
foxmulder2007

OK I'ts now official. We received indepedant confirmation of the strike this morning from a friend of mine. And then about 30 mins ago this was posted on the sapo facebook page :

Unprotected industrial action

Casual postal workers in areas of the East Rand and Tshwane have embarked on unprotected industrial action. Our human resources division are in discussion with the leadership of the casual workers with a view to ending the disruptions within this week. We have also implemented alternative measures to deliver the mail, which is delayed in these areas by 48 hours. We apologise for the inconvenience.

So here we go again... Sorry to be the bearer of bad(if not entirely surprising) news.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

They are permanently on strike.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Yes, I have just returned from the post office; they are closed until further notice due to the strike.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
Yes, I have just returned from the post office; they are closed until further notice due to the strike.

Speed Services are on strike again

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Probably; everything is closed, it's the casual workers in the Pretoria area again.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
Speed Services are on strike again

Ugh !! Ugh !! I am on strike from speed services. I will never use them again.:rolleyes:

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles
Ugh !! Ugh !! I am on strike from speed services. I will never use them again.:rolleyes:

I got rid of all my extra speed services bags. They are 10 times worse than the PO!

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

Notice on the PO door.. 58f5a75099bff_POSTRIKE.jpg.44fbb7303bcbc0509618375d1c2c323f.jpg

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

Went to the PO today, they are open but do not accept any packages.. They say the workers :ninja: deliberately damage them

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Is the strike isolated to certain areas? Or, is it like a 'cancer' and spreading? I shipped two parcels USPS Priority Mail Express International Thursday last. The one to JHB was delivered Wednesday and the other was delivered in Brackenfell today. A tad concerned that a parcel shipped this week might get 'caught up' in the 'hoopla' and sit... somewhere... and be subject to possible tampering or downright theft.

Thanks.

Ruthie

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Mainly the Pretoria area, and let's hope not.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Mainly the Pretoria area, and let's hope not.

Thanks... and yes, let's hope not.

Ruthie

Reynet Trading    10
Reynet Trading

Strike 1; 27th Jan - 12 Febuary 2014

The strike by casual workers of the SA Post Office has been resolved.

Strike 2; 20 June 2014 The SA Post Office can confirm that it is experiencing labour unrest, which started this morning, affecting its operations predominantly in Gauteng

Strike 3; 19 August 2014

Casual postal workers in areas of the East Rand and Tshwane have embarked on unprotected industrial action.

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

And my latest purchase is coming from Rustenburg, so will have to negotiate either Jo'burg or Pretoria. Luckily it's not stuff I need urgently.

republikein    10
republikein

I have been told yesterday by my Post Office Manager that there is a strike by workers of the Post Office IT Department, and that this is the reason why tracking numbers do not appear at all on the system after parcels were posted.

bitesize    10
bitesize

SAPO has been trying to avoid info getting out, have been blocked from their fb page along with others. so we don't know what exactly is happening and how far this strike has gone i.e. how many areas are actually affected. "throws her hands up in frustration"

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
I have been told yesterday by my Post Office Manager that there is a strike by workers of the Post Office IT Department, and that this is the reason why tracking numbers do not appear at all on the system after parcels were posted.

If it's the team that wrote the code for the post office's parcel tracking thing, I personally think that they should all be fired. It's useless even when it's supposed to be working.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Germiston Hub is also on strike. My post office in Primrose Hill won't accept any parcels.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Subject: Re: Enquiry on Order 7896889

According to BoB you opperate from Kriel.

The strike as far as I know is only at Tshwane Hub.

So why is the tracking not scanned in at Kriel.

All my other parcels from Bob enter the postal services as per normal and then get delayed once in Pretoria.

Your parcel doesn't even show on the system yet articles purchased much later show up on the tracking system.

Please explain???

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Good luck Miems. Had the same problem the other day. I live in Magaliesburg. BOB list me under Johannesburg. A buyer wanted to know why do I post my items in a different town and then blame SAPO for the delay.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Some buyers just do not understand the complete problem, and they only take the few bits of information available as correct.

I am based in Vereeniging, which is also not part of the Tshwane or East Rand Regions.

Yet, I was informed yesterday that striking workers visit our areas by bus and intimidate workers in the Vaal.

They broke into a Post Office at Sebokeng yesterday.

This is the latest media release available:

Post Office dismiss striking employees