Sign in to follow this  
TribalTrade

BoBPay - Where is my money?

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I did a payout yesterday morning like usual to my Nedbank account.

My payouts are usually in my account before 16:00 everyday.

Yesterday (Friday) my money did not feature in my account.

Today (Saturday) I phone Nedbank and they say that there is no problem on their side.

So, I phone Bidorbuy....

"Sorry, we do have a problem with our payout system. Maybe the Finance Department will sort it out on Monday as it is now weekend!!!!"

This is unacceptable. Do you really want to convince me that nothing could be done from Friday morning 09:00 until the end of the day?

qball    11
qball

We apologise for the delay. It seems the payout was delayed due to a time out on the Nedbank system when we processed it on Friday. We managed to re-submit the payment on Saturday morning. We apologise for the delay, however, I must remind you that payouts are processed on a best effort basis, we do not guarantee payout times nor control delays due to technical or other issues. Unfortunately the accounts department does not work weekends.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Thank you for your response.

However, we as sellers also bargain on your best efforts, and that is why I have an account with Nedbank.

I do expect BoB to give me a better answer than the one I got on Saturday morning.

With certain banks closing down, and R699 schemes going down, I just hope that BoBPay will stay strong:sneaky:

qball    11
qball

Unfortunately the support staff do not deal with payouts and cannot give you any other answer than the one they did. They are not involved with the payouts as this is solely an accounting function and is dealt with by the Financial Manager. As soon as the staff alerted me to this on Saturday morning, I investigated and found out that the batch payment had failed. We then re-submitted it that morning.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

Well, thank YOU then for giving up some valuable family time to assist.:awesome:

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Just my 5 cents worth...perhaps we (general here) as sellers are used to getting our payouts quickly, personally never had to wait longer than a day, and so when there is a bump in the process we get a little anxious. We need to remember that "may take up to 2 days to reflect" , which some of us, me included, ignore coz its always there quickly !

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

My policy is only to ship when funds are cleared in my account from BOB, who know what can be reversed or not. And I had a buyer say he will instruct BOB not to pay me before he gets his parcel. yeah right. hahaha