Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Email / Password - Massive Data Breach

SADiamondsrus

Where does the intrusion end!

Free Soul Styles

Sadly it will never end. As long as you have internet access, some "get rich quick" fool will ALWAYS find a way to get your private info.

I recently got an email from SARS telling me they have credited my account and i must confirm my details, when you click on "confirm" it takes you to AN ACTUAL SARS E FILING PAGE!! Then proceeds to ask you to put in your banking details to confirm! Obviously i called SARS to ask them and they are well aware of this scam. Another one was an email asking me to pay 25Euros in order to update my gmail account.

Not1CentMore

And an added 'joy', 'they' are now 'sneaking' Perion Malware into an email. Even if you don't 'click here', it can end up on your system and hackers can access remotely. I just lost every dang email because AVG Business Pro 'blocked' ALL email access (AVG is set up to scan all incoming / outgoing email) because of one, two or... that came through with Perion Malware! I am thankful AVG caught / blocked, but dang!, ya'd think they could have just 'snatched' the one(s) infected, quarantined and allowed me to shred and burn the 'bad' and keep the 'good' :colbert:. All is 'fixed', but wave bye-bye to important email dating back a year or more. So much for one nifty 'stand alone' program that pulls all email accounts into one easy access file on my desktop.

Mumbling, mumbling, mumbling.

Ruthie