Sign in to follow this  
SADiamondsrus

Newsletters......

SADiamondsrus

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post the thread...

I subscribed to all of bidorbuy's newsletters 2 months ago.

I received 1, and never again. As I advertise high value items in such letters and pay a buck for it, I am wondering how many subscribed are actually getting them? Since I do not:huh:

Any idea how many are subscribed?:hm:

SADiamondsrus

Not in spam either

LanaS

Hi SADiamondsrus,

I checked the email address (the one you registered on bidorbuy) in our email client, and found:

- that you are subscribed to 3 bidorbuy newsletters: Crazy Wednesday, Deal of the Week and Snap Friday

- that our emailing client is regularly sending the 3 newsletters to your email address.

So, by what I can see, you should be receiving them.

Could you please send me a message at promotion@bidorbuy.co.za; I'll ask our tech department to see if they can help and inform you directly.

As for the results of advertising in the CW / SF newsletter: I should say that advertisers are best positioned to pass a judgment on that, based on the number of visits to the listings.

SADiamondsrus
Hi SADiamondsrus,

I checked the email address (the one you registered on bidorbuy) in our email client, and found:

- that you are subscribed to 3 bidorbuy newsletters: Crazy Wednesday, Deal of the Week and Snap Friday

- that our emailing client is regularly sending the 3 newsletters to your email address.

So, by what I can see, you should be receiving them.

Could you please send me a message at promotion@bidorbuy.co.za; I'll ask our tech department to see if they can help and inform you directly.

As for the results of advertising in the CW / SF newsletter: I should say that advertisers are best positioned to pass a judgment on that, based on the number of visits to the listings.

Hi

Thank you,

But really have only ever received one, since subscribed. And as I do advertise on them, For instance in June, I advertised in 2 newsletter (wendnesdays) , one received well over 2000 (Middle of Month) visits (wow) and the other barely 1000 (Month end). But this does not show how many users subscribed are receiving or how many are actually subscribed, was just curious.

I am trying to figure out if there is a pattern where subscribers are more prone to respond to the newsletter + bid :)

Thanks again will email you.

LanaS
Hi

... in June, I advertised in 2 newsletter (wendnesdays) , one received well over 2000 (Middle of Month) visits (wow) and the other barely 1000 (Month end). But this does not show how many users subscribed are receiving or how many are actually subscribed, was just curious.

I am trying to figure out if there is a pattern where subscribers are more prone to respond to the newsletter + bid :)

Hi,

The number of subscribers to CW Newsletter is fairly constant, with a gentle upwards growth rate (after all the unsubscribes and hard bounces are taken into account - we clean the list regularly). That means that the fall in open rate you experienced cannot be ascribed to the number of subscribers (I just checked the June numbers, and at the end of the month there were about 200 subscribers more that at the middle of the month).

In any case, we'll check why you are not receiving the newsletters and get back to you.

SADiamondsrus
Hi,

The number of subscribers to CW Newsletter is fairly constant, with a gentle upwards growth rate (after all the unsubscribes and hard bounces are taken into account - we clean the list regularly). That means that the fall in open rate you experienced cannot be ascribed to the number of subscribers (I just checked the June numbers, and at the end of the month there were about 200 subscribers more that at the middle of the month).

In any case, we'll check why you are not receiving the newsletters and get back to you.

Thanks again, did receive your e-mail.

I see, there is no market pattern to follow, I guess with more exposure in advertising in newsletters I may gain an idea of when its best to advertise (hopefully)