Sign in to follow this  
gabriel 1

BoBers shine at Exhibition with a Difference

gabriel 1    10
gabriel 1

Hi All

The Exhibition with a Difference is now a thing of the past and it is now time to reflect. The event was an overall huge success, we managed to fill 200 frames, 15 pages per frame = 3000 pages of hard work from our dedicated Philatelists. There was great interest in Thematics and this area of collecting dominated the frames on show.

Saturday exceeded all expectations I cannot recall our hall being as full as it was, and the vibe was fantastic, there was an excitement in the air as if we were witnessing the re-birth of philately. Everybody was so enthusiastic about what was taking place that is now a given that this will now be a yearly event. I am sure that collectors that were apprehensive to exhibit before will now take part in this fun, relaxing event. Collectors showed their support by purchasing the special Exhibition Wine, Sheetlets and Exhibition Covers we had prepared for the event.

It was very interesting to see peoples different collecting areas, from registered labels the most comprehensive Mandela collection I have ever seen, submitted by "Madathome" (also a BoBer), this is really a gem of a collection, something to be proud of.

The trophy winners chosen by public vote were as follows:

Best Thematic Exhibit - Collecting Areas of the Anglo Boer War - (Gabriel1)

Best SA Exhibit - Paul Kruger on postcards ABW - (Fanie Buys)

Best Commonwealth Exhibit - King Edward - (Kenny Napier)

Best rest of the World Exhibit - Germany, Politics and Philately (Wolfgang Meis)

Best one Frame - Rhodesian surcharges - (Clinton Goslin)

Best multiple Frame - King Edward - (Kenny Napier)

Best one page Exhibit - CSAR Overprints - (Gabriel1)

Best overall Exhibit - Collecting areas of Boer War (Gabriel1)

All the tropheys going to current Bobers, makes you think, next year we will require sponsership from Bid or Buy.

Thanks to all those who supported us in this event

Regards

Gabriel1