Sign in to follow this  
RiverValleyTrading

Site being overrun by importers

RISadler
A very flawed and illogical argument RISadler. Anyone with any common sense can see the reasons for doing it... but again, you seem to miss everything that is written in response to you or other users...

I get that type of put-down/accusation a lot. I am also right/correct a lot. :confused: :shock: :nuts:

RISadler

Oh, what's the difference between a seller who drop-ships and a seller who relists a wholesaler's pricelist? The former is prohibited, but not the latter - if one wants to start doing it on BoB now. Right?

qball
I get that type of put-down/accusation a lot. I am also right/correct a lot. :confused: :shock: :nuts:

You are? :shock:

RISadler
You are? :shock:

Yes. But very few do admit it freely ... hence the dungeon, a pair of pliers and the rubber hose. :wacko:

qball
OK, qball, the question would then be if BoB would even consider a new application as a drop-shipper from someone who can show that (a) she gets the stuff from the same companies as those already allowed to drop-ship, (b) can provide (certified) contracts with the manufacturers of said goods and © already runs her own successful e-commerce website for same said goods? Yes or no?

We may consider that favourably, but in most cases that company becomes a tradefeed partner, as they already have everything set up and are running reputable online businesses. Most applications we get for drop shipping are from new sellers or existing sellers with little or no ratings who have no track record, no established supply chain or proof of reliable suppliers. Most are sourcing from Chinese sites which are questionable at best.

qball
Yes. But very few do admit it freely ... hence the dungeon, a pair of pliers and the rubber hose. :wacko:

Sounds very painful! :disgusted::twisted:

RISadler
We may consider that favourably, but in most cases that company becomes a tradefeed partner, as they already have everything set up and are running reputable online businesses.

Mmmmm ... seems you got moths in your blanket cupboard. :grin:

Colin_P
We are being consistent - no new drop shipping applications are being accepted,

Ok, so you are consistently being discriminatory.

I'm confused, you hate drop shippers? So why are you fighting so hard for new drop shippers? Makes no sense?

Hate is a much stronger word than I used, but I see you're going for the emotional argument instead of logic. I'm not fighting for drop-shippers, nor am I fighting against them. I'm actually not fighting at all. All I am doing is pointing out that your rules discriminate against anyone wanting to set up a business drop shipping, while at the same time protecting those who have been drop shipping for a while. I personally feel that it is inconsistent, which seems to offend you for some reason, to the point of your trying to belittle me and put words that I never used into my mouth.

Disagreeing with something which is unfair is not something that needs to make sense, although your inability to understand that I could defend something I don't like does provide some insight into your psyche.

Many of the current approved drop shippers add just as much value to the site as sellers who have stock, but that is a debate for another time.

And new ones automatically will not?

So if I am understanding you correctly you want us to basically ban any drop shipper ( including existing reputable and reliable sellers), along with banning new buyers, there is no logic in that argument?

No, you're putting words into my mouth again. I made no recommendation whatsoever, all I did was point out that allowing some and banning others is not consistent, and that in principle I disagree with your approach. In practice I'd rather see you allow new drop shippers under tightly controlled conditions and rather than a blanket ban. As I said, I personally prefer not to have their listings flood the search results, but I am also mature enough to be able to distinguish between what suits me and what works for most people (and for your business), and while I don't like them, I can see the benefit to others in having drop shippers on BoB.

There is a ton of tools to help filter, sort and exclude listings, using the filters on the left or the product attributes being introduced into all categories making it easier to find items.

Yes, I'm still waiting for feedback on when the ability to exclude sellers from searches will be incorporated into saved searches, but I'm also aware that it's not a high priority, and so I'm not expecting much, and work around it.

BTW long time reputable drop shippers are also genuine sellers.

But new ones are the spawn of satan and must be avoided at all costs?

It shouldn't matter where the stock is located. Some drop shippers can supply items quicker than local sellers who use the postal services by using couriers and companies to clear the parels as they arrive.

Quite. So why are you so adamant that any new drop shipper is going to destroy your business? I could understand your logic if you had some objective way of splitting drop shippers into ethical and un-ethical sellers, and discriminated based on performance, but I'm sorry, your steadfastly defending a policy which looks at the date they decided to start selling as the only criteria for whether they are allowed to drop ship or not is just plain indefensible. Although you're giving it a good shot, certainly in terms of vigour if not logic.

qball
Ok, so you are consistently being discriminatory.

Hate is a much stronger word than I used, but I see you're going for the emotional argument instead of logic. I'm not fighting for drop-shippers, nor am I fighting against them. I'm actually not fighting at all. All I am doing is pointing out that your rules discriminate against anyone wanting to set up a business drop shipping, while at the same time protecting those who have been drop shipping for a while. I personally feel that it is inconsistent, which seems to offend you for some reason, to the point of your trying to belittle me and put words that I never used into my mouth.

Disagreeing with something which is unfair is not something that needs to make sense, although your inability to understand that I could defend something I don't like does provide some insight into your psyche.

And new ones automatically will not?

No, you're putting words into my mouth again. I made no recommendation whatsoever, all I did was point out that allowing some and banning others is not consistent, and that in principle I disagree with your approach. In practice I'd rather see you allow new drop shippers under tightly controlled conditions and rather than a blanket ban. As I said, I personally prefer not to have their listings flood the search results, but I am also mature enough to be able to distinguish between what suits me and what works for most people (and for your business), and while I don't like them, I can see the benefit to others in having drop shippers on BoB.

Yes, I'm still waiting for feedback on when the ability to exclude sellers from searches will be incorporated into saved searches, but I'm also aware that it's not a high priority, and so I'm not expecting much, and work around it.

But new ones are the spawn of satan and must be avoided at all costs?

Quite. So why are you so adamant that any new drop shipper is going to destroy your business? I could understand your logic if you had some objective way of splitting drop shippers into ethical and un-ethical sellers, and discriminated based on performance, but I'm sorry, your steadfastly defending a policy which looks at the date they decided to start selling as the only criteria for whether they are allowed to drop ship or not is just plain indefensible. Although you're giving it a good shot, certainly in terms of vigour if not logic.

I can see we getting no where here Colin, you obviously have some serious issues. The thread is being closed as we have applied both logic and reason to our argument and the only way you can respond is by attacking... sorry Colin, thank you for contributing but not if you going to get personal...