Sign in to follow this  
Shearlock

BoB penalizing buyers when sellers breach sale contract

Shearlock    10
Shearlock

I am extremely disapointed with BoB and will never use them again. Boughtt some books from a seller, who specified and even calculated the shipping charges on the checkout page. Paid immediately in full, including the shipping charges, as calculated by the seller. Seller however failed to ship the books for 2 weeks only then to demand increased shipping charges. When I refused to pay the increased shipping charges and complained to BoB the seller filed a SNC against me and BoB refused to hold the seller accountable. Instead BoB requested me to give my banking details to the seller to refund me the shipping charges and directed that I have the books couriered. Why is it that sellers can file a SNC against a buyer, but the buyer cannot file same against a seller who fails to live up to his part of the sale agreement? Why is the seller allowed to file a SNC if it is the seller who negates the sale agreement?

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

The purpose of an SNC is to cancel the sale and allow the seller to be refunded the fees that the seller paid to bidorbuy for the sale. It stands for Sale Not Concluded. An SNC is not necessarily a black mark against a buyer, depending on the reason used for filing the SNC, which includes reasons like buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale in which case a negative rating from the seller to the buyer isn't possible.

You should not view all SNC's as bad in an of themselves.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Agree with Vinyl Lady, and would like to add that when you get the SNC notification from BoB it will state reasons for it. You as the Buyer have 7 days in which to respond to the reason / dispute it etc Did you dispute the SNC ? If not then BoB would have assumed you agreed. Doesn't sound quite right, so if I were you I would get hold of BoB again and give all the info and ask for an explaination.

As the postage is stated on the listing, that is what you should pay...it is not right for Seller to come back for more...if they miscalculated so be it then they need to pay shortfall...it happens to all of us at some time. I don't think you should leave it.

Edited by NooNooBug

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
...the seller filed a SNC against me and BoB refused to hold the seller accountable. Instead BoB requested me to give my banking details to the seller to refund me the shipping charges and directed that I have the books couriered

Something doesn't add up there.

If there was an SNC, then there was no sale, so what was being couriered? If the SNC went through, you should have received a refund in full, not just on the shipping.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
The purpose of an SNC is to cancel the sale and allow the seller to be refunded the fees that the seller paid to bidorbuy for the sale. It stands for Sale Not Concluded. An SNC is not necessarily a black mark against a buyer, depending on the reason used for filing the SNC, which includes reasons like buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale in which case a negative rating from the seller to the buyer isn't possible.

You should not view all SNC's as bad in an of themselves.

Agreed, however in this case, as you paid in full, the snc should have been retracted, my opinion

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

If the buyer is refunded, then the SNC cannot be retracted. SNC's cannot be re-instated once retracted.

qball    11
qball

Your appeal was accepted and you were not penalised by us. The SNC is purely a mechanism for the seller to recover the fees we have charged for the sale - it is not visible to any other users, only to bidorbuy staff. I have reviewed it and I think your issue is quite clear, the seller did not have stock and they should have been found at fault. We will be changing the decision and will be finding them at fault. There will be no negative repercussions for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
If the buyer is refunded, then the SNC cannot be retracted. SNC's cannot be re-instated once retracted.

Yes, BUT the buyer paid in full, as calculated by the system which is created by seller. Buyer expected his/her goods. Seller requests more money? Buyer obviously refuses, seller lists SNC, depending on what the SNC says, I would also not be happy, buyer did not agree to cancel sale, so what could the reason have been, below I see the seller, did not have the stock...... The buyer should be able to rate the seller, its not good for other sellers on BOB.

In SNC, there should be a option, for seller to point out they did not complete the sale. It will make buyers feel more comfortable.

When I have a buyer who wants a refund, We clearly agree to return and refund.

List SNC, they buyer is shocked.....