Sign in to follow this  
geewhizz

Communication?????

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

20 years ago we had no cell phones,probably no emails,no skype but communication has has not improved. At least where cell phones are concerned 85% of people do not answer their cell phones. Can someone tell me why?? Just saying.:sneaky: Maybe someone is after their blood

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

With all the newfangled gadgets, 'life' is suppose to have been 'improved'. Unfortunately, even with all the advances in technology, some folk (most notably those who did not / do not open their bills nor answer calls from individuals / businesses owed monies) don't bother to read email or answer cell phones. The technology may be 'in', but some people are still 'out to lunch'... they still feel if they ignore something / someone, it / they will go away.

Just my tho't.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

voldermort    10
voldermort

Simply because 99% of the time the phone only rings when one is in the bathroom/eating/in the shops etc......dont forget the cell phone is damn intrusive & can follow you everywhere......that doesnt necessarily mean you want to answer the calls anywhere/anytime. At least in the good old days when you were not available to answer a call, that was it, you simply were not available to answer & the answering machine kicked in.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Simply because 99% of the time the phone only rings when one is in the bathroom/eating/in the shops etc......dont forget the cell phone is damn intrusive & can follow you everywhere......that doesnt necessarily mean you want to answer the calls anywhere/anytime. At least in the good old days when you were not available to answer a call, that was it, you simply were not available to answer & the answering machine kicked in.

LOL, i so agree i simply HATE my cellphone!!!!!! it wakes my baby up, takes up my time, keeps unwanted ppl in my life. AI!

Not to mention the sales people wanting to sell me everything under the sun.

Dont call me, I'll call you, when im not busy with my 3 children lol!!

Leave a voicemail

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I agree. When a cell phone rings it seems to scream: "Drop everything and give me attention. NOW!". Ugh.

And I hardly ever answer when I don't know the caller because it's usually a telemarketer who is pushy and then one is forced to be rude to them and then one hates oneself for being rude because it's only their job to call you and you shouldn't have answered it anyway because you know that was going to happen. Sigh - it's a whole circle of self-loathing that starts with a cell phone ring... :wacko:

Edited by booksallsizes

BABADAUD    10
BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Before identity call,with only home phones to answer, we always answered the phone.

What it?? Our curiosity ?? To know who was calling.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Before identity call,with only home phones to answer, we always answered the phone.

What it?? Our curiosity ?? To know who was calling.

I got a landline for 1 month, disconnected it, if it wasnt the cell phone at 9pm, it was the landline, just another annoyance

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

My husband wont take calls after 8pm at night so he takes phone off the hook. Family know if there is a problem to call on my Cell as he usually wont have his on ! It unfortunately became necessary as we had 2 neigbours thaT would call after 8pm to talk nonsense that could have easily been dealt with an a more reasonable hour !

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

I think there were fewer nuisance calls back in the days when they actually had to use their fingers to dial. These days with automated call centres and automated dialing, it's much easier to make all those marketing calls.