Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

St James Massacre

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

Where was everyone 21 years ago on this day? I remember as a 12 year old boy, being scared that my church was going to be hit next. I also remember congregants coming to church with semi-concealed hand guns

Christians Under Fire - The St James Massacre

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Horrible! (I don't remember this as I was also 12 years then) And, while Clive and De Kock are still behind bars, they probably got amnesty? (It's hard to read the article because of the white on black)

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

According to the Wikipedia article, some of the APLA cadres involved in this attack were granted amnesty by the TRC. Some of those granted amnesty were then involved in cash-in-transet heists in 2002 and 2007.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Unbelievable.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Sad, sad, sad. I really dont remember much at that age, 21yrs ago. As a child I was not allowed to know anything but the tree outside, and my neighbors daughter being my friend.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I clearly remember this as my parents had friends at St JAmes at the time. Can't believe it was 21yrs ago already.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

As I mentioned in the previous thread a gun would have been more useful than a cell phone. Nobody answers cell phones.I find it so frustrating.