Sign in to follow this  
Fireproof 92

Fraud

Fireproof 92

Good day all

i have been using bid or buy as buyer and seller for 4 years and have 1199 good ratings

wile back i bought a coin from a seller that stated it is an UNC/MS coin value R40 000

i paid R2836 for the coin due to it be stated UNC

i sended coin for grading and returned XF 45 way less than MS

seller do not want to refund me with all expenses and bid or buy give NO buyer protection against this fraud issues

filed case of fraud at police station and sended bid or buy all proof and letters from grading company yet bid or buy let this person proceed selling on bid or buy??????????

how can bid or buy allow fraudsters to use bid or buy

i would suggest bid or buy blacklisting person till they refund me

even the investigator told me they are playing games with them as they must have given a statement but never pichded

how can this type be tolerated and steal money of users and get away with it

really un happy

seller ow me R3600 as i have all the slips of expenses on this item:meh:

i do bid or buy for a living:sad:

admin

Hi Fireproof 92,

Please do not post the same post in multiple threads. Thank you.

Fireproof 92

hi

i do not know how this posting stuff work

i am new to the page so assistance would be appreciated

SADiamondsrus

Ai. This is terrible and I do feel for you. I do not have all the facts of this case, so will only comment on what was read above.

You said the seller stated, thus the coin was not graded and can be regarded as mere opinion of seller? Thus the risk already lies there. Buying something ungraded will definitely lead to disappointment.

However the seller is still liable for what he advertised. It is also, a civil case, but the attorney fees will costs way to much to claim.

Maybe work with the small claims court, as you have the proof.

Again it boils down to safe guarding oneself against people that sell not as advertised. Always buy from reputable sellers, graded.

Email BOB again, with all proof, so that they may request the seller to send you return instructions and to refund you + costs (BOB will have to intervene)

It may take a little while, but keep on pushing until you get results.

Best of luck

qball

Hi all

Regarding this issue, we will reserve our rights to pass any judgement on this matter until the court or the police can prove wrong doing on the part of the seller. The listing, in my view is very clear with very clear and large images of the coin showing it's condition. Often sellers provide their own estimation or opinion on the grade, even though they are not professional graders - they do state that you should grade the coin yourself. Bearing in mind that grading is not an exact science, it depends wholly on the opinion of the grader. Also this is an auction, where you determined what you were willing to bid, it seems the final winning amount is still well below the actual value of the coin, graded at XF 45. There is potentially misleading indicative market price on the listing, we will discuss this with the seller and provide feedback. Regarding enforcing your rights, as you know, bidorbuy is not a contracting party to the sale, we cannot enforce your rights, only you can do this, which we have advised you of. Once there is clear evidence from the court we can take further action on the seller if this is the case. But at this stage there is not clear evidence in our view, so we cannot consider this fraud, until such time we can get official confirmation of this.

larryg1508
Good day all

i have been using bid or buy as buyer and seller for 4 years and have 1199 good ratings

wile back i bought a coin from a seller that stated it is an UNC/MS coin value R40 000

i paid R2836 for the coin due to it be stated UNC

i sended coin for grading and returned XF 45 way less than MS

seller do not want to refund me with all expenses and bid or buy give NO buyer protection against this fraud issues

filed case of fraud at police station and sended bid or buy all proof and letters from grading company yet bid or buy let this person proceed selling on bid or buy??????????

how can bid or buy allow fraudsters to use bid or buy

i would suggest bid or buy blacklisting person till they refund me

even the investigator told me they are playing games with them as they must have given a statement but never pichded

how can this type be tolerated and steal money of users and get away with it

really un happy

seller ow me R3600 as i have all the slips of expenses on this item:meh:

i do bid or buy for a living:sad:

I dont think BOB has any teeth to resolve anything , Just recently I purchased a rare old British penny of Ambassador coins . There was a clear picture of the coin in the folder in the advert then when I asked if the 1843 penny was in good condition the seller denied there was even and 1843 in the set i purchased even thought you can see it and then tried to lie even further by saying it was a completely different coin. I provided all the information to them including perfect mock ups of the pictures and all that said was the seller says it was not there even though you can see it...so best of luck trying to get BOB to help. I am a forensic examiner and often called to give evidence and the principles of looking at images and making intelligent judgments requires more than the skills that BOB staff seem to have and when you complain without any discussion they simply close the case without interpretation

Dr L Gurney

alchemyx

Beware of Fireproof 92.  He has the gall to complain about other sellers when he himself advertises broken items in 'good condition' and then when given a negative rating his response is that he has so many positive ratings and then has the audacity to accuse the buyer of deliberately breaking the item.  Who in their right mind would break an item which they bought as a Xmas gift for someone else!  This seller should be blacklisted!!!