Sign in to follow this  
gii_007

Major Frustration and very disappointed!!

gii_007

I've ordered my fifth pair of shoes from Bid or Buy in May. (On the 19th of May to be specific and paid the R350 for the product as well as R100 for "international shipping" on the same day.)

It was not clarified to me initially that an additional import tax of R252.45 will need to be paid. Previously my products was delivered at my building while it seems that I had to collect this one at the Post Office. The package was sent on the 5th of June. I did not get any further notice except from the seller that I have to keep track of it myself. On the 1st of July I was notified by the university that the package was at the Noordbrug post office in Potchefstroom. I was unavailable for a few weeks and apparently the package was sent back to Hong Kong on the 11th of July.

I realize that that the South African Post Service could be part of the problem but it is still a VERY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE. I've paid R450 on the day that I placed the order and two months later I still do not have a product. I did not mention a refund from the seller (ernest7119)(since it seems that the product is sent back to him) although he has already informed me via email that he would not refund me under any circumstances.

I've been a keen supporter and advocator of Bid or Buy in the past, but I do not think I will use your service again and I will certainly inform other people of my experience. My experience with Zando's delivery service is that it is much more convenient and RELIABLE even thought their variety are more limited.

Regards,

Disillusioned Customer

Edited by gii_007

SADiamondsrus

Hi, sorry you had a neg experience, however bidorbuy did not play a part in the circumstances. Unfortunately its not the sellers responsibility to let you know about SARS import charges at 40% of the value bought. An international seller cannot know how SA SARS work.

SAPO allows 3 weeks for collection. Thus it should have been collected as the seller advised you to keep track of same.

However, you should be able to track where the shoes are now? The seller must refund you upon receipt of the returned shoes.

My advise is to buy from local sellers on bidorbuy to avoid the above.

Best of luck let me know if I can assist you with tracking where shoes are?

Vinyl Lady Decals

And check ratings of sellers always.

Bidorbuy is not at fault here, it is just a meeting place for buyers and sellers.

qball
I've ordered my fifth pair of shoes from Bid or Buy in May. (On the 19th of May to be specific and paid the R350 for the product as well as R100 for "international shipping" on the same day.)

It was not clarified to me initially that an additional import tax of R252.45 will need to be paid. Previously my products was delivered at my building while it seems that I had to collect this one at the Post Office. The package was sent on the 5th of June. I did not get any further notice except from the seller that I have to keep track of it myself. On the 1st of July I was notified by the university that the package was at the Noordbrug post office in Potchefstroom. I was unavailable for a few weeks and apparently the package was sent back to Hong Kong on the 11th of July.

I realize that that the South African Post Service could be part of the problem but it is still a VERY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE. I've paid R450 on the day that I placed the order and two months later I still do not have a product. I did not mention a refund from the seller (ernest7119)(since it seems that the product is sent back to him) although he has already informed me via email that he would not refund me under any circumstances.

I've been a keen supporter and advocator of Bid or Buy in the past, but I do not think I will use your service again and I will certainly inform other people of my experience. My experience with Zando's delivery service is that it is much more convenient and RELIABLE even thought their variety are more limited.

Regards,

Disillusioned Customer

Thank you for your post. Whilst we regret the current situation it must be pointed that the seller's location is Hong Kong (located under his username), he also discloses the following under his Shipping Terms:

[h=2]Shipping & Other Charges[/h] to prepare delivery takes about 3-10 working days after payment received,

delivery takes about 8-12 working days,

if beyond 3 weeks after delivered, nothing received, contact seller for advice,

tax/duty excluded from price/shipping charges,

no responsible for any delay, damage or lost by courier,

payment is non-refundable, if buyer failed to receive the parcel and goods returned, shipping charges and 15% on total payment for handling charges will be deducted,

For fast/door-to-door delivery needs to pay additional charges, contact seller please.

Any import duties would be for your account and this is standard with importing into South Africa. It sounds like a case of where the goods were not collected in time and were thus returned to the seller, one can hardly fault the seller or bidorbuy (who are not involved in the sale) for this. Yes, this is frustrating and regrettable. We will be asking the seller to refund you the purchase amount less any shipping and handling fees as goods were shipped to you.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

NooNooBug

I am sorry you had abad experience...always remeber to read the small print to avoid dissapointment. Choose the Seller wisely by checking ratings etc and if you are not happy then move on and find another Seller. Not all Sellers keep track of parcels until they are received. Also SAPO will immediatelt return a parcel if unclaimed after 4weeks. Some smaller places will let it slip into a further week but not larger centres.

I agree with qball, he has said it all !

Don't allow this one unfortunate mishap cloud your future Buying on BOB, learn from the experience & move forward.