Sign in to follow this  
SADiamondsrus

Posting C1-C4 colour diamonds as Fancy rare green yellow?

SADiamondsrus

I am raising this issue as I have watched too many being auctioned and prices the stones are not even worth. I have bought a few of these "Fancy colour Diamonds" however had them graded at DIA, and all 6 bought were graded as ECG N-S, not fancy at all.

C1-C4 (they refer GISA grading C1-C4) refers to brown diamonds and how brown diamond are classified. Thus seller contradicts themselves.

I do know the supplier uses the wording fancy green yellows...............BUT it is the sellers responsibility to ensure its FANCY and not ECG / C1-C4 stones being sold as Fancy diamonds there is a vast difference.

Majority of mined diamonds are regarded as ECG L-Z (hence the colour chart) however they are brown ECG L-Z

R178000 for this diamond that to a trained gemologist who had similar stones graded by DIA, is absurd. I see a medium-thick girdle which takes value away, and the stone looks chipped. The gold value is not that much

Someone at bidorbuy ensure the seller is actually selling fancy diamonds and not ECG / C1-C4 diamonds that retails for

R170 000+?

:suspicious:

Maybe GISA can post here too, advising why the seller is saying GISA C1-C4, selling and advertising as fancy diamonds?

Gold - 100% UNTREATED! 14K SOLID WHITE GOLD SPARKLING DIAMOND SOLITAIRE RING! 3.000CTS VAL: R178'321.00 for sale in Cape Town (ID:154564747)

I have seen the seller receiving a few negatives, and then a day later the neg vanishes, because they refunded + extra I dont know.

I do not see the seller on the drop-ship list either, 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Funny thing is, Seller gets away with naming her rings TIFFANY - (A trademark)

Gold - STRIKING 14K SOLID WHITE GOLD SPARKLING DIAMOND SOLITAIRE TIFFANY RING! 2.000CTS VAL: R132'381.00 was sold for R20,200.00 on 4 Jun at 19:02 by TheBlackKnight in Cape Town (ID:149511573)

https://www.ncdia.com/brown.php

Edited by SADiamondsrus

MiemsJewels

Tiffany setting

noun Jewelry.

a setting, as in a ring, in which the stone is held with prongs.

SADiamondsrus

and some unsuspecting buyer will think he is buying the Tiffany trademarked ring from Tiffany & Co

YiaYia1

When I see only a "D" bidding...... I smell a rat.... A big rotten rat.

You very seldom win those auction.

SADiamondsrus

I don't have much issue with D bidding, its an option when sellers list that buyers identities are protected. Whether there is shill bidding taking place is not the question here.

What I am seeing is poor quality ECG / brown diamonds being sold as fancy, thats the issue as there is a vast difference (esp in price)

SADiamondsrus

Gold - 100% UNTREATED! 14K SOLID WHITE GOLD SPARKLING DIAMOND SOLITAIRE RING! 5.500CTS VAL: R349'312.00 for sale in Cape Town (ID:154920192)

This item being sold, is not certified as "yet"

Check Q&A

Can GISA/Luke reply here?

A Fancy Green yellow diamond that will be certified by GISA as C1-C4?

Edited by SADiamondsrus

MiemsJewels

SADiamonds seems to me you've got your knife in for Luke. Why ?

SADiamondsrus
SADiamonds seems to me you've got your knife in for Luke. Why ?

MiemsJewels

I have absolutely no issue with Luke or Gisa, the question here is why is something that is not yet even looked at by Luke, sold as being certified by Luke as C1-C4 diamonds, YET seller advertises them Fancy Green Yellow, this is against BOB rules (or are some selected sellers allowed to do as they please)

Luke would understand the concern raised, He, like me, is qualified in gemology.

Guest Guest

I make my rings D listings "Discreet" just to ensure my buyers they will not be noticed :)

Regarding the NEG, I have bought from BK myself, the ring came and I did not like the colour of the tanzanite, they never stated it was an stock photo.... Never less an SNC was filed from her side that we both agreed to cancel the sale, I DID NOT AGREE, and before I could appeal the SNC WAS CLOSED, I phoned Bid or Buy, but they were all beating around the bush, my rating was deleted, the negative I gave her...just vanished....

Edited by Shelly23

SADiamondsrus
I make my rings D listings "Discreet" just to ensure my buyers they will not be noticed :)

Regarding the NEG, I have bought from BK myself, the ring came and I did not like the colour of the tanzanite, they never stated it was an stock photo.... Never less an SNC was filed from her side that we both agreed to cancel the sale, I DID NOT AGREE, and before I could appeal the SNC WAS CLOSED, I phoned Bid or Buy, but they were all beating around the bush, my rating was deleted, the negative I gave her...just vanished....

That's one of the points I made, and I find it suspicious that BOB has not replied here, requesting proof from seller of the Original question.

Thank you for your input as well

Lukeness

Apologies for my late reply, I've just arrived back from a short break.

As you correctly pointed out, this listings are posted before we have finished with the item. From what I understand, the seller is simply trying to provide all the information they have at their disposal in the listing. They know from previous experience of sending is stones that stones they have bought with those 'fancy' grades have been graded by us as champagne (brown) diamonds, usually between C1-C4. As to the value, perhaps the pictures do not do the stone justice. Nevertheless, it is still a fairly clean 3ct diamond that, regardless of colour, has a hefty retail value. On a positive note, we are, once again, steadily increasing our capacity and should soon be able to turn over reports sooner. Which will hopefully reduce these ambiguities substantially.

SADiamondsrus
Apologies for my late reply, I've just arrived back from a short break.

As you correctly pointed out, this listings are posted before we have finished with the item. From what I understand, the seller is simply trying to provide all the information they have at their disposal in the listing. They know from previous experience of sending is stones that stones they have bought with those 'fancy' grades have been graded by us as champagne (brown) diamonds, usually between C1-C4. As to the value, perhaps the pictures do not do the stone justice. Nevertheless, it is still a fairly clean 3ct diamond that, regardless of colour, has a hefty retail value. On a positive note, we are, once again, steadily increasing our capacity and should soon be able to turn over reports sooner. Which will hopefully reduce these ambiguities substantially.

Hi Luke

Thanks for the in put.

Non the less, posting Fancy colored diamonds as green/yellow which will end up being certified as brown, is not legal. Having sent some diamonds to be inspected, and having had results, it should clearly indicate to them as sellers that its unlikely their brown diamonds will be graded differently.

I arrest my case though, its either fancy green/yellow or brown?