Sign in to follow this  
ECigAndMiscelSHOP

Sellers based in China and local China sellers

ECigAndMiscelSHOP    10
ECigAndMiscelSHOP

This is really been bothering me for a while, why is Sellers based in China and asking extravagant postal fees and local China sellers allowed to sell on BoB? They will never be able to be verified because they are not SA citizens or do not have a valid SA ID...Their products, customer services and attitude toward ratings really stinks, i.e. If a buyer rate them negative for poor quality or not receiving their order they usually have this funny cocky rudeness to rate the buyer negative and always with a sarcastic reply to the buyer:wtf:

Why do people still buy from them despite their C*#P ratings which I don't understand:hm:

So for it's worth what do you think?:wondering:

Edited by ECigAndMiscelSHOP

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

I think the language barrier may be an issue and regarded as being rude but not. BOB doesn't verify sellers outside SA, but they like many sellers not verified can still sell. Postage fees should not amount to more than R450.00 EMS or postal service (7-20 days) and you should have option to combine, however if it comes with courier expect to pay R800-R1200

As the client u should decide how you want your item shipped.

Also, if their ratings indicate they only ever sell "nonsense" - Avoid seller

If they don't deliver or refund, BOB will blacklist them. If you don't receive / not 100% happy with product ask for refund. Ship item back with EMS, they are cost effective and speedy (most cases)

jogesel    10
jogesel

I have seen sellers from a number of countries sell on BOB so it is unfair to pick on the Chinese. Many local Chinese are South African citizens, some by birth, so to say they will never be verified or do not have id's is hogwash.

SADiamondrus is correct, langue is an issue. Try getting your point of view across in Chinese! Also in China there is no CPA and consumer rights are non-existent so it may be surprising to many Chinese sellers that buyers would actually complain and request refunds etc. Sellers and buyers there adhere to different cultural and legal rules.

I don't buy from these sellers but others may because the products may not be available locally or elsewhere. In any case 99% of the things sold on BOB are most probably made in China or somehow connected to China so whether you like these sellers or not if you buy on BOB you are supporting China and the Chinese.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I recently bought from a local seller who is Chinese. We had MANY issues in regards to payment. I literally sent 7 emails with the proof of payment, an apology for my blunder (used the wrong letter in the ref code) and i sent one after the first auction to ask him to please wait for payment as i was bidding on other stuff. Eventually BoB sorted it out on the Monday but he still did not remove the SNC, i had to ask BoB to do it for me. So i agree with the language barrier issue. After his first email i could see he was literally translating from English to Chinese. But the packaging was excellent as are the products. And even with the language issue, he still communicated as best he could. I was just very upset that he filed the SNC even after i asked him to wait so i could combine.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Yes the Chinese market is BIG. I actually wish I could speak chinese.

Its also a global fact that CHINA is the second biggest economy next to America being first. I do not want to get political here, but its worth mentioning. I would never burn a bridge with any chinese client or supplier. Even woolworths stuff is made in China, I have friends in China that produces JEEP wear.

I am a China Fan... LOL, Their culture intrigues me.

I also know of one chinese seller on BOB that is quite honest.

ECigAndMiscelSHOP    10
ECigAndMiscelSHOP
I have seen sellers from a number of countries sell on BOB so it is unfair to pick on the Chinese. Many local Chinese are South African citizens, some by birth, so to say they will never be verified or do not have id's is hogwash.

SADiamondrus is correct, langue is an issue. Try getting your point of view across in Chinese! Also in China there is no CPA and consumer rights are non-existent so it may be surprising to many Chinese sellers that buyers would actually complain and request refunds etc. Sellers and buyers there adhere to different cultural and legal rules.

I don't buy from these sellers but others may because the products may not be available locally or elsewhere. In any case 99% of the things sold on BOB are most probably made in China or somehow connected to China so whether you like these sellers or not if you buy on BOB you are supporting China and the Chinese.

Okay, good but first of all I did not pick on the Chinese I am speaking directly about them and if you can show me even one Chinese seller on BoB that's verified I would greatly appreciate it because this far I haven't came across one as yet . Secondly, if they sell on BOB they have to adhere to the rules like everybody else language barrier or not. Thirdly this is SA not China, like the saying goes...If you stay in Rome...Fourthly I don't have a issue with all their products although mostly they sell junk, their ratings tell the story. Fifthly I don't have to get my point across in Chinese, the universal language is English and by saying that it's not my mother tongue as well and also if they really want to learn the language they will.

My issue from the start is this, why do people still buy their products even though we all know that most of their stuff is junk, usually they sell a copy from a real working and trustworthy brand? Is it because they don't check their ratings...is it about ignorance...Is it because they are hoping for a miracle ? Most of the Chinese sellers are high volume sellers and this also prove that in someway people take them self for a ride because a great percentage of the people buying from them are using BoB for a while and usually have high ratings and surely they will have some commonsense by now to know and do some looking about before buying but it seems that they don't, like I said check the Chinese seller ratings and you will see that people with high ratings pay thousands of Rands for a product from which the brand is usually unknown and usually the complaint is that the product doesn't work with a cocky rude reply from the seller.

And your statement to say "Also in China there is no CPA and consumer rights are non-existent so it may be surprising to many Chinese sellers that buyers would actually complain and request refunds etc. Sellers and buyers there adhere to different cultural and legal rules." is not valid in my point of view because most of the Chinese sellers on BOB is local from SA, surely by now they know exactly how things are done in SA, I have bought stuff a very very long while ago at some of the China Malls and they did exchange items that had problems then, what is different from then till now? Also if your point about the above is true, what about your statement where you said that there is Chinese from birth in SA which I also believe but don't you think that they know by now how it works in SA ?

Edited by ECigAndMiscelSHOP

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

I disagree totally, saying they mostly sell junk is not fair (Can you imagine what China is saying about SA when we feel free to degrade them) I do know and agree some cheaply made stuff does not last BUT key word CHEAPLY MADE, you get what you pay for. There are many south african black listed sellers. Did no one check their ratings? was it assumed they sell junk? Even South Africans copy brands and sell fakes. Being in Business for years now I can tell you the famous brands in SA>>> wait for it>>> they have their HIGH priced items made in china....BUT>>>>> Their items is of high quality BECAUSE they have an agreement with supplier, thus supplier ensures quality for more business.

The not so quality items sells for much less, but because so much of items are made in china, its easy to say chinese products are the issue.

If Bobbers buy from sellers with poor ratings, its their business. SA is a free country to make the choice.

Buyers are to make informed decisions and not buy impulsively hoping to get the very best for next to nothing.

Nolan_thunderlaser    10
Nolan_thunderlaser

Hello ECigAndMiscelSHOP

It's my first in this forum, just want to tell you what I know about China.

1. It's impossible for a Chinese to become verified seller in BOB, because there is a rule that you must a Have a valid South African Identity document.

2. Universal language is English, in this point, I agree with you,

3. you said most of their stuff is junk, I just want to say" you get what you pay ".

4. they sell a copy from a real working and trustworthy brand, yes, I know and everyone knows, but why they still choose this item? I think one reason is that the price is cheap.

5. "Also in China there is no CPA and consumer rights are non-existent". It's wrong, I think you should judge something by yourself.

just tell you what I know, hope you can understand it.

Have a nice day.

ECigAndMiscelSHOP    10
ECigAndMiscelSHOP
I disagree totally, saying they mostly sell junk is not fair (Can you imagine what China is saying about SA when we feel free to degrade them) I do know and agree some cheaply made stuff does not last BUT key word CHEAPLY MADE, you get what you pay for. There are many south african black listed sellers. Did no one check their ratings? was it assumed they sell junk? Even South Africans copy brands and sell fakes. Being in Business for years now I can tell you the famous brands in SA>>> wait for it>>> they have their HIGH priced items made in china....BUT>>>>> Their items is of high quality BECAUSE they have an agreement with supplier, thus supplier ensures quality for more business.

The not so quality items sells for much less, but because so much of items are made in china, its easy to say chinese products are the issue.

If Bobbers buy from sellers with poor ratings, its their business. SA is a free country to make the choice.

Buyers are to make informed decisions and not buy impulsively hoping to get the very best for next to nothing.

But this is beside the point, I know that there is some products that are indeed of good quality from China, BUT on BoB it's something that are in the minority and that is what I am pointing out, and will stay with my opinion...Most Chinese products are junk, total waste of money.

Oh, and like you said SA is a free country, your statement ...."saying they mostly sell junk is not fair (Can you imagine what China is saying about SA when we feel free to degrade them)" is not valid. They don't care a 2 cent about SA they are here for one reason only, to generate wealth out of their junk products.

Cheers

Edited by qball
Confrontational post deleted

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

South Africans generate wealth out of their "junk". I just think its unfair to label all chinese people and products as junk. Other counties are calling us all rapists and murderers.

I have friends there, who come to SA for holidays, supporting our country.

I also supply to a jeweller in China, so no, my finger is in no pie.

Read up on forum rules.

Have a nice day

Edited by SADiamondsrus
add on

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Jumping in with both feet...

I feel it is unfair to point a finger at any specific corner of the flat map. 'Junk' is produced everywhere and will continue to be produced and sold as long as there is a demand for such products... on a street corner, in a brick and mortar store or via an online venue. "One man's junk is another man's treasure".

Insofar as demeaning the customs, practices, and social behavior of any country, as a whole or individually as a person of that country... that is simply not right. Their customs and practices may not be the same as another person's, but if it is considered 'norm' in their culture, it should be respected as such. Most of the 'wrong' in the world today is because (generalizing) close-minded folk will not open their hearts and minds, if not to accept, at least to respect the differences in each of us... no matter where we call 'home'.

How much better our world would be if only we could learn to accept, respect and appreciate the sameness, and the differences, of our fellow man.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Jumping in with both feet...

I feel it is unfair to point a finger at any specific corner of the flat map. 'Junk' is produced everywhere and will continue to be produced and sold as long as there is a demand for such products... on a street corner, in a brick and mortar store or via an online venue. "One man's junk is another man's treasure".

Insofar as demeaning the customs, practices, and social behavior of any country, as a whole or individually as a person of that country... that is simply not right. Their customs and practices may not be the same as another person's, but if it is considered 'norm' in their culture, it should be respected as such. Most of the 'wrong' in the world today is because (generalizing) close-minded folk will not open their hearts and minds, if not to accept, at least to respect the differences in each of us... no matter where we call 'home'.

How much better our world would be if only we could learn to accept, respect and appreciate the sameness, and the differences, of our fellow man.

Ruthie

I agree 150%

Put yourself in another's shoes.

Nolan_thunderlaser    10
Nolan_thunderlaser
I agree 150%

Put yourself in another's shoes.

nice saying

Trellis    10
Trellis

Just to put my 2c in here, having lived in China and being able to communicate effectively I could offer some insight. For many Chinese in business, especially cut throat markets, they sell what the buyer wants them to sell. When i first went to China i had a sharp wake up call in terms of business, i was in the medical field and to give you an example you and i would say i want to buy gauze , HOW MUCH. but that's not the way the world of trade works, in a country that makes for every country under the sun every market has its own standards, and therefore their own specifications.

I had to know literally everything from material type to tensile strength to how many weaves per inch in both direction, folded trimmed and the list goes on, my point is each item that is manufactured is done so based on the clients Criteria. the problem is the client go's to China with the mindset of cheap and each plea for an item to be cheaper is a change to the specification we may call that "cutting corners"

Now as the end consumer who makes it worse by wanting the cheapest from a seller who in-turn wants it cheaper from the level above them, and often there are many levels the end consumer associates the cheap product with China.

It may interest many people to know that people in china have wealth and they are allot more discerning over their products than we think and their retail market is often more expensive than our retail market for certain items. because they also demand some quality, the junk obviously exists because there will always be the cheap buyers.

There will be the con artists but you learn how to trade with them pretty quickly. now imagine a situation where a seller sells you something at rock bottom and clients moan about quality, in their market those who sell crap will get negative publicity but what can you expect, many of them dont realise that the buyer who may buy from them sells items at a higher tier than they are intended for. They going to get angry when you moan, this is a natural defense anybody has.

So for those looking at ratings that are bad they can decide for themselves is this reasonable.

As far as transport is concerned, we do 3 shipments a week from china and do ongoing logistics there are many ways to ship parcels and the cost difference can be upwards of 400x between the low end cost and the high end cost. the shipping is far too complex an issue to say oh i got it at this price and that price is ripping me off. That's not the Chinese company but the myriad of hands your item passes on its journey to you.

Its very important to communicate as simply as you can.

mycrazybay    10
mycrazybay

Sellers based in China and local China sellers

I am from Singapore, I am a Singapore born chinese. I deal with china chinese supplies.

I learned it the hard way. As far as products is concerned, there are ultra many grades. (No rules in China, you want cheap they sell you cheap)

The manufacturer there will produce it whichever grades you want as long as the price is right.

Therefore, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Example: In a chinese ecommerce website a seller can sell a 100,000 t shirt a day, they are not interested in selling out of the country. They dont need to. I am not referring to just one, thousands of them get these kind of volume.

Therefore, if you think you are getting a good deal, please think again. There's no free lunch.

I am an online seller too, I choose my products carefully. I only sell things that are above average. I dont buy cheap stuff from China and pass it off as premium. Integrity is key, nothing to do with race or religion or language.

Cost of online selling is not cheap, if you are buying something online please think of the fees sellers have to pay and shipping cost to you have to pay if you are buying from overseas sellers. All these are added into the cost of the selling price and shipping price. Ultimately buyer is paying for it, not the seller.

Why people still buy online knowing that it is coming from another country? Is because of the saving in taxes outweigh the cost of shipping and online fees.

You will never know who is the wolf in sheep skin when you buy online unless you have already deal with the company for a period of time.

My experience is look at the overall products the seller sells. If you see R1.00 and shipping R450, my suggestion is to avoid because the total cost is massed into the shipping price. (Certain part of dishonesty here, does not matter what the product is) I must qualified that not all R1.00 products smell rats. Do your own homework, you will know what I mean.

Hope this helps

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
Integrity is key, nothing to do with race or religion or language.

Well said. :-)