Sign in to follow this  
Brasser

What is it?Emerald or kryptonite!?

Brasser

Hi ,could one of you gemstone experts possibly help with the description of the stone I have listed.

I attach a pic showing a top view size being tapered at 48mm long x 25.5mm at the widest and 12mm at the thickest.

Sort of shaped like a rounded off sharks tooth:o

Would be really grateful for any advice.

motherearth

hi, the photo is way to vague to give any idea of the type of stone, do you have a better quality image?

cheers Jeff

Brasser

Hi thanks for response. I hope the second image is a little more clear to you.

Brasser

Emerald?

These might help

58f5a71881a91_ANTIQUEGREENUNDER.jpg.118ed569e76ee4fa7b3cfc4e378d954b.jpg

58f5a718860aa_Antiquesemipreciousgreenstone.jpg.6f2e444185311169f9e7d21e90409753.jpg

Cali Craft and Gems

In my opinion, according to the features the images present, it looks like a toss up between Zoisite (along the lines of Ruby Zoisite - Anyolite - black marks in green), or possibly MawSitSit? If the lines / speckles were dark green and the green more "clear" then the first gem that came to mind was Aventurine.

I could be wrong though... (looked in my gem book and Zoisite was the closest too)

GemDeals

Think cali Craft is right.

My guess would be Ruby Zoisite or green aventurite

Lukeness

Or Jadeite, Nephrite, poor turquoise, glass, plastic, old cheese etc.

It really is impossible to tell just from the photograph. We could at best offer a guess, but even then we would need a much higher quality and bigger image. (The above are good possibilities though...)

Brasser

Thank you everyone for the advice.I think I will stick to man made things.Much easier to describe!

Lukeness

Sorry, I really didn't mean to put you off. Just don't want to see you land in hot water because opinions based on a pic.

Brasser

No probs LUKNESS, I realise that I should stick to things I know about and leave the jewelry to my better half. I have the article up for sale on BoB and I believe that I have not misrepresented the item in anyway.To me its just another semi precious stone.Could be rock hard green cheese though:)Thanks for the input anyway, regards, Brassericon14.gif

Lukeness

I'm still hoping for Kryptonite!