Sign in to follow this  
anthony03

Speedpost theft in Gauteng

anthony03

Greetings all,

I buy and sell quite a number of items on Bid or Buy and mostly utilize Speed Post. Recently I have noticed that items posted in the Gauteng area are being interfered with, obviously with a view to stealing the contents. I recently bought some medals and had them sent via SpeedPost . As I normally do, I check the envelope at the Post office counter and see if there has been any attempt to open the plastic envelope. Could not see anything suspicious so I took it home. However, someone had cut the envelope under the wabill label, taken my medals out the envelope, decided that it was not what they wanted and put them back re-glueing the waybill. This is just something that you should look at before taking your item out of the Post Office. I was lucky this time but apparently the seller has had 20 SpeedPost items go missing. They have opened a criminal case !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5146[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5147[/ATTACH]

Free Soul Styles

At the Gardenview Post Office the amount of theft from Speed Services is getting out of hand. I no longer use them as 30 parcels were tampered with in ONE DAY!! They are so good at it you don't even notice the cuts made. One parcel had a small hole in the top and they managed to wrangle a graded coin out of it that was wrapped in bubble wrap! They are by far the worst!

Little Miss Muffet

....And I seriously think Bidorbuy should have a look at users who work for the Post Office.

The items I have had stolen were all the better items and the rest left in the parcel.

It is so easy for someone to watch ,who sells what, buy a nominal item from certain people to get their details then watch what they sell and can know where it is being posted

It might sound a bit far fetched but it is possible.

I hate thieves with a passion.:mad:

anthony03

I dont think you are off the mark there at all, it actually makes a lot of sense. There is definitely something wrong with the postal branches because the Speed Services are monitored by CCTV. The problem seems to be Branch related. I gave my Postmistress the items and she is sending them to the investigation division on Monday morning

mrmouse
Greetings all,

I buy and sell quite a number of items on Bid or Buy and mostly utilize Speed Post. Recently I have noticed that items posted in the Gauteng area are being interfered with, obviously with a view to stealing the contents. I recently bought some medals and had them sent via SpeedPost . As I normally do, I check the envelope at the Post office counter and see if there has been any attempt to open the plastic envelope. Could not see anything suspicious so I took it home. However, someone had cut the envelope under the wabill label, taken my medals out the envelope, decided that it was not what they wanted and put them back re-glueing the waybill. This is just something that you should look at before taking your item out of the Post Office. I was lucky this time but apparently the seller has had 20 SpeedPost items go missing. They have opened a criminal case !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5146[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5147[/ATTACH]

Was the bag actually accepted with staples in it ?its against speed services policy to accept stapled items >

NooNooBug
....And I seriously think Bidorbuy should have a look at users who work for the Post Office.

The items I have had stolen were all the better items and the rest left in the parcel.

It is so easy for someone to watch ,who sells what, buy a nominal item from certain people to get their details then watch what they sell and can know where it is being posted

It might sound a bit far fetched but it is possible.

I hate thieves with a passion.:mad:

Not sure about this being far fetched at all ! Always possible ! That is why buyers and there are many old & new) should stop putting the tracking number of a parcel on the rating page ! Seriously are they that naive to think it doesn't matter ?

NooNooBug
Was the bag actually accepted with staples in it ?its against speed services policy to accept stapled items >

Too true, they have a fit if you have staples but have had them staple the parcel slip to the parcel coz they ran out of tape ! Those were in the days before I did all the slips etc at home.

SADiamondsrus

gee wizzz, thanks for the heads up!

Nolan_thunderlaser

I think BOB administrator should handle with this problem.