Sign in to follow this  
Nubbi

Rhodesian bushwar

Nubbi

my folks lived in Rhodesia durring the war and my father served in the 10th battalion, my mother made a scrap book of every single newspaper clipping about the war durring this time! I have been offered R1000 for it? should I hold out for more?

Guest Guest

I would hold on, unless you need the money, which I doubt.

Nubbi

thanks countrygirl

hannesg2006

Your Ancestors will haunt you till Doomsday come if you even try to sell the Album--no money can buy memories.Hannes

Nubbi

I fear the bank manager more than the ancestors??

hannesg2006

Wake up call!!! Militaria collectors, let us keep this site alive, direct any question on Militaria to Nubbi,if his answers run out I might give an input--

FUTURO
my folks lived in Rhodesia durring the war and my father served in the 10th battalion, my mother made a scrap book of every single newspaper clipping about the war durring this time! I have been offered R1000 for it? should I hold out for more?

Btw, you still have this scrapbook??? .. thanks... Len

Nubbi

yup I still have it

FUTURO
yup I still have it

Cool.. was wondering did your mum glue or tape the articles into the scrapbook? Must be a thick scrapbook, how many pages is it or what are the dimensions? Would it be possible to see some scans/photos of it? Would be nice to see the cover and a couple of the inside pages :) Maybe I could make you a better offer than you were given before :) thanks.. Len

Nubbi

hi Len

the book is 33cms x23cms and is very thick it weighs in at 2,5kgs - my mum used selotape and some of the articles have come loose with age but are all still in great shape and are all there, there really are a huge amount of articles. the photos are a bit large and i dont have a resizer so if you give me your email i will send them directly to you?

Edited by Nubbi

GPOEL

Hi Nubbi,

There are some serious ex-Rhodies belonging to the M.OT.H.S. in Polokwane , that might be interested. I remember them from my time there.

wayjen

Guys get hold of the new book Viscount Down and the DVD, I was at the launch and there is talk about turning it into a movie.

FUTURO
Guys get hold of the new book Viscount Down and the DVD, I was at the launch and there is talk about turning it into a movie.

Hi.. I just saw the website of Keith Nell about this incident.. I would love to get a copy of both the book and dvd - see if I can get an autographed copy :P . would make an interesting movie for sure.. will be interesting to see if it happens or not.. Len

wayjen
Hi.. I just saw the website of Keith Nell about this incident.. I would love to get a copy of both the book and dvd - see if I can get an autographed copy :P . would make an interesting movie for sure.. will be interesting to see if it happens or not.. Len

I was there as I said and I knew nothing about the incident until about a week before the launch and it was very interesting. He did sign books for those that bought a copy.