Sign in to follow this  
TribalTrade

BoB Auto-generated e-mails.

TribalTrade

Dear Management,

I want to request you to seriously look into your time span when sending auto-generated e-mails to buyers / sellers.

I had numerous feedback from buyers getting confused between the "Bidorbuy communication" and the "Communication from the Seller to the Buyer".

1. I allow buyers to combine items up to a 5 day period or even longer with prior arrangement. The Buyer gets an e-mail from ME stating that "Do not complete this Order yet, as I notice that you are still winning more auctions and can save by combining". On the other hand they get e-mails from Bidorbuy pushing them to complete the same order that I just informed them about to wait! They react to the BoB e-mail and pay separately for their orders with full shipping fees.

2. Buyers gets e-mails way too soon informing them to rate the Seller. It takes time to process, pack and dispatch. It takes time to get the parcel from A to B through SAPO. I do not know what the time span is exactly, but within 5 days BoB will push a Buyer for a rating to the Seller! The Buyer has not received his item yet, and then either rates "Positive" prematurely, or Neutral/Negative for not receiving his item yet. I had to make numerous calls to Buyers that gave me a bad rating and to explain to them that they do not HAVE to rate yet!

3. A Buyer will win an auction from me. I will also allow him a Personal Offer at a reduced combined Shipping Fee on another item or more. The buyer will pay for the first auction. The buyer will adjust the second order shipping fee manually according to MY instructions to them. They do the payment. The next thing that happens is an e-mail from Uncle BoB stating "the amount you paid differs from the actual amount! You should do the additional payment". This confused so many buyers that they actually felt threatened and thought that their orders will not get processed due to this warning! They will actually do a second payment.

I do not know what the solution is to this problem will be for me. I agree that the e-mails from Bidorbuy has many benefits, as a lot of sellers never even communicate with their buyers, and these e-mails then probably serve as a guideline for completion.

My main request at this stage would be that Bidorbuy allow ample time (at least 14 days) before pushing Buyers for submitting ratings. I can still warn the Buyers through my own communication to ignore BoB auto-generated e-mails once I guided them with order completion and payment amounts.

Regards.

TRIBALTRADE.

moodTime

I have to agree with point 2 as well, it causes so much frustration.

Seeds and All
I allow buyers to combine items up to a 5 day period or even longer with prior arrangement. The Buyer gets an e-mail from ME stating that "Do not complete this Order yet, as I notice that you are still winning more auctions and can save by combining". On the other hand they get e-mails from Bidorbuy pushing them to complete the same order that I just informed them about to wait! They react to the BoB e-mail and pay separately for their orders with full shipping fees.

We, as I'm sure other sellers that allows combined shipping at no additional fee, have the same issues regarding the emails being sent by bidorbuy. Surely the majority of sellers allow combined shipping and this fact should be taken into account when wording the auto-generated emails.

TribalTrade

BoB just keeps on pressuring buyers into rating sellers!

This is another rating I got from a buyer due to this postal strike:

Sorry. It seems to me that Bid or Buy was pressuring for a rating.

It is seriously time that Bidorbuy reconsiders pushing users to rate!

If a Buyer / Seller wants to rate they will do so in their own time!

moodTime
BoB just keeps on pressuring buyers into rating sellers!

This is another rating I got from a buyer due to this postal strike:

It is seriously time that Bidorbuy reconsiders pushing users to rate!

If a Buyer / Seller wants to rate they will do so in their own time!

I also agree, particularly now during the SA Post Office strike this communication should be temporarily postponed. Often a buyer rates poorly and then when asked why they say because they were requested by Bidorbuy to rate, it just causes frustration for all.

Colin_P

As a buyer, I agree that BoB should not nag users to rate when there is a postal strike on. It can't be a difficult job to increase the delay from two weeks to four weeks or whatever, and it really doesn't help anyone when the reminders are sent out long before the Post Office has got around to delivering the parcels.

I fully understand the system, and know that I can rate the seller any time I like - up to a year if I'm not mistaken, but even so I feel pressured into doing something because I got an email reminder.

qball

This is all automated, we can't switch it off just because there is a PO strike on... we get screamed at because seller's don't get rated or buyers don't get rated. The wording on the email is very clear, it is a reminder. Ratings are used to monitor accounts, so if users don't rate each other, we cannot see if they are poor sellers or if things are goind worng, that is why we send a reminder out. Not all sellers use the PO so we will not stop the reminders from going out.

qball

14 days is too long. Under normal circumstances goods are delivered within 7 days. Making it 14 days allows sellers to get away with a lot before we are able to see if their rating score is dropping for a particular reason.

Cali Craft and Gems

Just a suggestion, but what about changing the wording to include: "If you have received your parcel, please do not forget to rate the Seller." or something along those lines?