Sign in to follow this  
masonic

I hate the fact tat sellers can delete questions.

masonic    10
masonic

I collect clocks and I have notice that some sellers delete questions that they do not wish to answer, or which they think will cause discussion about an Item. I have had one seller who was outright rude.What's the point of having questions if people can just delete them. Lying by omission? Tells you a little about the seller.[/u][/b]

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

I agree here, however I delete questions because I relist and edit, and then the questions do not apply to current item.

if a seller deletes or doesnt reply, dont buy. Fishy.

best of luck

M

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I also collect clocks :grin: I sometimes find that sellers try to list a clock without specifying if it is complete, comes with a winding key or works. When asked a question to clarify this, most answer. However, there are those who don't. I wont ever place a bid on an item I believe is questionable or if the seller doesn't answer a question or answers it generally.

What also annoys me is when sellers list trash as being highly collectable, west german movements as being manufactured in the 20's or clocks that have been "improved" by ripping out the original mechanism and installing a "lovely" quartz mechanism.

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
I collect clocks and I have notice that some sellers delete questions that they do not wish to answer, or which they think will cause discussion about an Item. I have had one seller who was outright rude.What's the point of having questions if people can just delete them. Lying by omission? Tells you a little about the seller.[/u][/b]

There is a very good reason for this. A buyer can ask a loaded question like the following ... "I see that the clock is a complete fake and a modern reproduction, so why don't you say so in your listing?

So now you answer him "...its not a reproduction but an original"

Everyone is now in doubt and very few people will bid on this item anymore - but guess what - the fool who asked the question did it on purpose to distract other bidders and will come in at the last minute and win the item for a song.

There is a VERY GOOD reason why sellers can delete questions on BOB - it would be mayhem if this facility is stopped by the BoB team.

Pierre

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
There is a very good reason for this. A buyer can ask a loaded question like the following ... "I see that the clock is a complete fake and a modern reproduction, so why don't you say so in your listing?

So now you answer him "...its not a reproduction but an original"

Everyone is now in doubt and very few people will bid on this item anymore - but guess what - the fool who asked the question did it on purpose to distract other bidders and will come in at the last minute and win the item for a song.

There is a VERY GOOD reason why sellers can delete questions on BOB - it would be mayhem if this facility is stopped by the BoB team.

Pierre

I delete all questions that ask/say ::: i will offer you R200 for that item ,( when its listed at R1500).do you accept .

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles
I delete all questions that ask/say ::: i will offer you R200 for that item ,( when its listed at R1500).do you accept .

Ah! Those are my best!

Or "how much will shipping cost?"

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri
Ah! Those are my best!

Why do you delete a question regarding shipping costs from a prospective buyer?

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

I rarely delete a question unless the potential Buyer has got on my last nerve. Example: Same Buyer asks the very same question every 30- days or so: "Do you have xxxxx"? Replied first, second, third and fourth time to please see item number such-and-such. Now, when this Buyer asks that particular question (never a different one, just same-o', same-o'), the delete button jumps up and bites my click finger.

Ruthie

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I don't Pierre_Henri. I answer every single question, regardless of what it is, but after 3 days i delete certain questions. I was merely mentioning what questions i get often.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Ah! Those are my best!

How about "Do you have this in stock" ?

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Personally, I answer all the questions I get, but if it's redundant, and I can see that the person has not read my terms and conditions I will delete after I send my answer to the person. I don't take any of these questions personal, some folks interpret things according to there frame of reference, and we cant read mind....bottom line, be nice!

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I'll answer all my questions, but as i said, after 3 days i delete certain questions like "how much is shipping" or the ones asking if a listed item is still in stock. The ones asking for better prices or asking for specific details etc i keep for about a month. Only time i delete questions without answering is when someone asks the same question twice in a row (a computer error i think).

jogesel    10
jogesel

Sellers, buyers spend their hard earned money to purchase your products. Surely part of your business is to inform potential buyers about your products even if these buyers are slow and not as clever as you. Why are you so afraid to answer questions even silly questions. Unless you have something to hide? You can delete all your questions after the item has been sold. How a seller answers questions and whether a seller answers questions is a good indication to me as to whether to buy from him or not. If a buyer takes time to ask a question surely good manners dictates that you respond?

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Sellers, buyers spend their hard earned money to purchase your products. Surely part of your business is to inform potential buyers about your products even if these buyers are slow and not as clever as you. Why are you so afraid to answer questions even silly questions. Unless you have something to hide? You can delete all your questions after the item has been sold. How a seller answers questions and whether a seller answers questions is a good indication to me as to whether to buy from him or not. If a buyer takes time to ask a question surely good manners dictates that you respond?

Definitely agree with you here. There are also a lot of time wasters etc. I normally check the potential buyers ratings etc to see if they are valid buyers. I answer all valid questions no matter how silly, sometimes a bit late but still a answer.

If I buy from another seller and they are rude or don't answer (as have happened MANY times) I will avoid that sellers completely.

Sometimes a "buyer" will ask MANY questions and not buy, BUT answering them is in my best interest

Goodluck all

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles
Sometimes a "buyer" will ask MANY questions and not buy, BUT answering them is in my best interest
Agreed. I've sat with a potential buyer for an hour giving very specific details. And it was wroth it in the end! The ridiculous questions do get frustrating, like when an item is say R2500.00 and they offer R500.00 i politely answer that i cannot accept that offer, but it does make me go "wow, really?!". Another is people asking to pay COD which i do not allow, or asking for my number or address. Again, i politely say i cannot, but those luckily don't happen as often as they used to.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Agreed. I've sat with a potential buyer for an hour giving very specific details. And it was wroth it in the end! The ridiculous questions do get frustrating, like when an item is say R2500.00 and they offer R500.00 i politely answer that i cannot accept that offer, but it does make me go "wow, really?!". Another is people asking to pay COD which i do not allow, or asking for my number or address. Again, i politely say i cannot, but those luckily don't happen as often as they used to.

True! rule of thumb, answer what u can, it may result in that sale!

goodluck

xx

masonic    10
masonic

If a clock, from the picture looks like a "marriage". Where the case looks old, but the movement looks a bit suspicions, and when you ask if the movement is a "replacement" The seller threatens to block you from bidding. I hate that. Or when a clock sells as "damaged" and is re-listed with no mention of the damage and at 3 times the price. My blood just boils.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I wouldn't buy from him if he's threatening you for that. You as a buyer are entitled to get as much TRUE information about the product as possible because of the simple fact that you can't walk into the store to see the product and inspect it. Even in retail, i could spend an hour easily with a customer who asked a million questions.

Also, some sellers take new images off the web and use them. Like cellphones, there's nothing more irritating than seeing pics of new phones and when you read the description the phone is "slightly used" and when you get it it's got so many scratches on it you can't the screen.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

ive been complaining about the internet pictures for ever now , its wrong , only original photos should be used ,otherwise its againts the ASA and seller should be reported for misleading advertising .

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
If a clock, from the picture looks like a "marriage". Where the case looks old, but the movement looks a bit suspicions, and when you ask if the movement is a "replacement" The seller threatens to block you from bidding. I hate that. Or when a clock sells as "damaged" and is re-listed with no mention of the damage and at 3 times the price. My blood just boils.

No seller can block you from bidding or prevent you from bidding .if youre profile is clean ,I should add .

Edited by mrmouse

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I don't understand why Sellers would get their knickers in a knot about questions. If they are polite legit questions and you as the seller have nothing to hide there sshould not be an issue. Buyers need to ask clear questions without being nasty, and sellers need to chill and answer questions without misinterpreting the motives behind the question ! I welcome questions as if I do not have the answer it "makes" me do more research to find the answer, thereby enriching my mind!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Normal questions shouldn't be a problem, but it has happened to me in the past that I was harrassed through the Q&A by a person asking several stupid, crazy, sarcastic questions and I actually had to ask for assistance to get it to stop. Not all "buyers" have good motives in the questions they ask, some are downright nasty, and do not have good intentions. This is why sellers have the ability to delete questions.

I do agree though that some abuse this ability because they just don't want to answer or don't have the best motives themselves with the sale.

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline

If this is the case report them to BoB. Personally I will not deal with such a seller.

A seller has the ability to delete your bid, so that can be interpreted as a way of blocking a buyer.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
If this is the case report them to BoB. Personally I will not deal with such a seller.

A seller has the ability to delete your bid, so that can be interpreted as a way of blocking a buyer.

Unfortunately deleting any bid is against the CPA and against BoB rules and can lead to action being taken against the account holder , delete my bid and ill bid again and report the seller .Bids get deleted willy nilly sometimes especially against new buyers, thats wrong .My account is clean I will be upset if my bid is deleted so would you.

Edited by mrmouse