Sign in to follow this  
Dumble

How much for Return postage?

Dumble    10
Dumble

I bid on a Wusthof knife from a seller who charges R85 postage plus 2% for insurance, I knew that he was overcharging on the postage but I was prepared to pay this amount if I got the knife at a reasonable price.

I won the knife for R260 plus R92.80 postage and paid this amount straight away.

The seller then sent me the wrong knife, it was actually a cheaper knife than the one advertised.

When I told him that he sent the wrong knife he said I can return it for a full refund, I was happy with this. However, knowing how much he overcharged me on the postage (actual postage was R34.80) I asked him to confirm how much he is going to refund me for the return postage, he would not tell me! I suggested R35 postage plus R10 for packaging but he still would not agree to it!

Eventually he said "Once we receive the parcel, we would see the amount paid on the item since the post office prints in and we'll refund you this amount".

Am I not entitled to charge him what I think is a reasonable postage and packing charge? Why should I end up losing money for his incompetence?

Now we are at an impasse, I will not return the knife until he tells me how much he is going to refund me, he will not refund me until I return the knife!

What to do?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

What a cheek. Charge him R92.80

moodTime    10
moodTime

If it is the sellers mistake then you should not be liable for postage.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

I agree with MoodTime !

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I would not have the cheek to charge R92.80 for postage so If a buyer paid R260 for a knife plus my postage R32 and I sent him the wrong knife and could not replace the one advertised then I would refund him R260 + 32.00 plus the return postage so that my buyer is in the same position as before winning the auction. My buyer would end up paying R0.00 . the same position he was in before buying the knife. It should not cost you 1cent.

I don't know if he intends sending you the correct knife but if not he should refund you both postages plus the R260. Some people have no scruples.

..And when he sends the correct knife you will probably be charged another R92.80??

Edited by geewhizz

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
I bid on a Wusthof knife from a seller who charges R85 postage plus 2% for insurance, I knew that he was overcharging on the postage but I was prepared to pay this amount if I got the knife at a reasonable price.

I won the knife for R260 plus R92.80 postage and paid this amount straight away.

The seller then sent me the wrong knife, it was actually a cheaper knife than the one advertised.

When I told him that he sent the wrong knife he said I can return it for a full refund, I was happy with this. However, knowing how much he overcharged me on the postage (actual postage was R34.80) I asked him to confirm how much he is going to refund me for the return postage, he would not tell me! I suggested R35 postage plus R10 for packaging but he still would not agree to it!

Eventually he said "Once we receive the parcel, we would see the amount paid on the item since the post office prints in and we'll refund you this amount".

Am I not entitled to charge him what I think is a reasonable postage and packing charge? Why should I end up losing money for his incompetence?

Now we are at an impasse, I will not return the knife until he tells me how much he is going to refund me, he will not refund me until I return the knife!

What to do?

He must refund all including post both ways ,send it to bob to check,,its his fault