Sign in to follow this  
MoonlightGems

Dropshipping: Diamonds

MoonlightGems    10
MoonlightGems

There are some diamond sellers on Bob that is obviously doing drop shipping. I would like to know where I can get the authorised drop shipping list on Bob? One of these sellers even says that if he can't provide you with the exact diamond you bought, he will provide you with another.

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
There are some diamond sellers on Bob that is obviously doing drop shipping. I would like to know where I can get the authorised drop shipping list on Bob? One of these sellers even says that if he can't provide you with the exact diamond you bought, he will provide you with another.

Just make sure that 3 Carat gem comes with a customs clearance and certificate of authenticity if imported and not from certain parts of Africa but from De Beers etc,

Edited by mrmouse

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
One of these sellers even says that if he can't provide you with the exact diamond you bought, he will provide you with another.

If the one you bought is not available, your monies should be IMMEDIATELY reverted. The 'nerve'... another deciding what they are going to send you? Oh, heck, no! You are entitled to receive EXACTLY what you bought/paid for and nothing less. (MHO)

Ruthie

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
If the one you bought is not available, your monies should be IMMEDIATELY reverted. The 'nerve'... another deciding what they are going to send you? Oh, heck, no! You are entitled to receive EXACTLY what you bought/paid for and nothing less. (MHO)

Ruthie

No but why ?? I dont have that car you paid for anymore , but here is a baby pram instead .... HEEE HEEE

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
No but why ?? I dont have that car you paid for anymore , but here is a baby pram instead .... HEEE HEEE

That's what I am talking about....

A Buyer should get EXACTLY the item he / she bought and paid for whether it be a R1 dried dog poop paperweight or a $100,000.00 diamond. The thought that any Seller would take it upon him / herself and decide what they are sending the Buyer for their money is... well, there just are are no 'nice' words.

Ruthie

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Hi fellow bobbers

I wanted to write here, as my listings do say that a LKQ will be offered at buyers choice of course. If buyer wants to be refunded, by all means, we do not solicitate money from selling 1 thing and providing another. We have other platforms we sell on, ebay, amazon etc THUS item may be sold once purchase on bidorbuy and we warn all clients of same. We also sell privately and my family sell for me in London, + we have a network in China.

I do not know if this post is directed at my store, or any other, as I do see a lot of copying on bidorbuy with regards to wording etc.

We do not ever, place an auction of an item that is on offer on any other platform.

I do hope this helps, and welcome any feedback.

Have a awesome bidorbuy day!

Michelle

MoonlightGems    10
MoonlightGems

I dont understand what you say, you say that you have other platforms that you sell on, "THUS item may be sold once purchase on bidorbuy and we warn all clients of same"

What the heck does this even MEAN????

You are not allowed to do drop shipping unless you are on Bobs approved drop shippers list, and we are not stupid, we can see that that is what you are doing.

So cease and desist.

What do you other people say about this?

I personally feel it is very unfair of bob not to authorise new drop shippers anymore, because some of the the old, pre-approved (before the rules changed) drop shippers drown the categories with listings of items that are not in stock, and the small honest guy who has to buy the stock before he can sell it, stands no chance.

I want to do everything honestly and follow the rules, but how will you ever get a business to turn a profit if you're not a millionaire to spend on heaps of stock???

Will Bob not address this issue and either allow new drop shippers or prohibit everyone from drop shipping?

I think thats only fair, and some people will be very angry at me, but I really feel that everybody should be afforded an equal chance of making their business a success.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Hi MoonlightGems

Yes there are other platforms to sell on. I do not drop ship, never have, sorry you feel this way. If I was drop shipping, I would have numerous complaints of late deliveries. I now see you directed this at me, and do not have to explain my other platforms to you, but the explanation : should an item be sold on another platform, and I did not have the time to remove from bidorbuy, I will offer a LKQ, is very clear.

It seems you are furious with Bidorbuy, I kindly request you take this up with them. It is not the sellers fault you cannot apply to dropship.

There is amicable ways of doing things, and maybe if you ask bidorbuy properly you would get somewhere

case closed

MoonlightGems    10
MoonlightGems

Thank you for the list, Miss Jewels. I have bought a lot of jewels from you in the past and you are NUMBER 1!!! Have a lot of respect for you.

Tell me, are these the trading names under which the authorised seller

trades, or is there a possibility that he may call himself something else than whats on the list? Sorry if I am dense, but I am a new seller and I want to find out as much as possible about the rules and policies, I don't want to make inadvertent mistakes and get myself in trouble.

I see you are an authorised drop shipper, but Ive never waited more than a couple of days for any order I placed with you, so I wonder why some people take up to six weeks to fulfil an order. That can surely be called drop shipping.

I made some listings myself where I wanted to do some drop shipping (before I knew it was outlawed) and were informed by Bob that people are complaining about that. (The complaints came from 1 other seller, not buyers) So I really want to educate myself on the issue, and learn how this is done, and if you guys have some tips for me as a new seller, I would be most grateful. The enhanced listings are great, but it really adds to the cost, especially if you cannot sell anything that is on order or that you want to buy once you've sold it.

Im not furious with anybody SADiamondsrus, Im just trying to educate myself and find out what is allowed and what is not. I don't begrudge you your business, in fact Ive even bid on some of your items in the past. And if you are successful in what you're doing, I wish you could teach me how to do it as well, without breaking the rules. Is it perhaps that it is something everybody does, and that Bob just turns a blind eye as long as no one complains? If that is the case, then cool, I will want to do it as well!!! Miss Jewels do you think I can try that or should I abide by the rules and behave myself?

Edited by MoonlightGems

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Did you confirm with bidorbuy that you cant drop ship? Normally they require you to have a 1yr old account, 95% + ratings and be credit+criminal clear.

RE enhancements, use 1 great product and advertise for a whole month enhanced list, that way people will click on it and be interested in what else you have to sell. (tip)

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Offer free shipping? I prefer to buy if there is free shipping. what do u plan on selling?

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Oh, ok, read the rest of your post.

I want to add that, every man for himself and hope that you will understand this.

There is no secret, due diligence and hard work = success

Start small , go big. It take alot of hard work. I started on bidorbuy, ebay, amazon, I am now a qualified gemologist, JCSA member, business owner, legit CC busines which lead to business bank account+overdarft (hint hint). It did not happen overnight, and took many rejections+struggles.

All the best

MoonlightGems    10
MoonlightGems

aaaaaaa

Edited by MoonlightGems

MoonlightGems    10
MoonlightGems

Bob says they allow no new drop shippers, that it was a management decision they made, and they allow the old approved drop shippers to carry on business as usual, but new drop shippers are not allowed, not under any circumstances.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Bob says they allow no new drop shippers, that it was a management decision they made, and they allow the old approved drop shippers to carry on business as usual, but new drop shippers are not allowed, not under any circumstances.

I do agree this is unfair. I always believe bidorbuy is fair. However it may be due to alot of people taking advantage of the drop shipping and not delivering or wrong orders which makes for huge hassle.

I do not believe jewellery is bought for summer only, jewellery is a personal buying experience and the best gift ever. I too have highs+lows, BUT the important thing is creating awareness to your listings. Someone may see something now, and only buy a month later.

I do believe the holidays plays a part but not to a great degree, BOB is 24/7 365. :)

Send me a link to one of your listings (I am a jewellery fanatic!) Let me see what I can advise on.

I also want to add, try a hyperlink on gumtree, the ad is free, just relist it everyday to bump up :)

mrmouse    11
mrmouse

I dont think the drop ship list is 100% as I regularly see sellers who do dropship but arent on the list , most of the time I cant be bothered to complain to Bennet as usually the seller probably just cant be bothered to comply and nobody has the time to continually monitor all the sellers , I do complain about certain (sellers) conditions as per CPA spec but nothing usually changes .

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Thank you for this. My only aim is always having a satisfied customer.

Yes, the list is based on the sellers' user name.

As to dropshipping, yes, I'm authorized, but this is purely for emergencies. Although many sellers do not adhere to the correct term of "dropshipping", it does become a problem. Dropshipping is when you place an order with an international supplier, pay them, and they directly forward the item to your buyer. At no stage are you involved in the postage procedure.

However, a lot of sellers sell the item, place the order and pay for the item from their supplier, then have the item shipped to them. They in turn then ship to the buyer. But this is not dropshipping.... It's only a way of obtaining the funds from the buyer and using it to pay the supplier... and so the circle continues.

As to my being able to ship within hours, it's because all items I have advertised are in my stock. You really need to build up a strong and trustworthy relationship with your international supplier. If not, you will burn your fingers badly. You can end up losing thousands and then you sit with the other expense of also having to reimburse your buyers. This is the main reason that BoB has limited dropshippers. There have been quite few court cases in which BoB has assisted in getting sellers convicted. Dropshipping is risky.

The best is to start small with stock you have on hand. Build up a reputation with your buyers, get your ratings up and reconsider.

A buyer wants to bid/buy an item, and receive it as soon as possible. Buyers are more inclined to purchase from someone who has the stock on hand, than to wait 4 - 6+ weeks to receive an item.

And yes, you do get very honest dropshippers, but also, you don't....

Hope this will help you in making the correct decisions.

Thank you for the list, Miss Jewels. I have bought a lot of jewels from you in the past and you are NUMBER 1!!! Have a lot of respect for you.

Tell me, are these the trading names under which the authorised seller

trades, or is there a possibility that he may call himself something else than whats on the list? Sorry if I am dense, but I am a new seller and I want to find out as much as possible about the rules and policies, I don't want to make inadvertent mistakes and get myself in trouble.

I see you are an authorised drop shipper, but Ive never waited more than a couple of days for any order I placed with you, so I wonder why some people take up to six weeks to fulfil an order. That can surely be called drop shipping.

I made some listings myself where I wanted to do some drop shipping (before I knew it was outlawed) and were informed by Bob that people are complaining about that. (The complaints came from 1 other seller, not buyers) So I really want to educate myself on the issue, and learn how this is done, and if you guys have some tips for me as a new seller, I would be most grateful. The enhanced listings are great, but it really adds to the cost, especially if you cannot sell anything that is on order or that you want to buy once you've sold it.

Im not furious with anybody SADiamondsrus, Im just trying to educate myself and find out what is allowed and what is not. I don't begrudge you your business, in fact Ive even bid on some of your items in the past. And if you are successful in what you're doing, I wish you could teach me how to do it as well, without breaking the rules. Is it perhaps that it is something everybody does, and that Bob just turns a blind eye as long as no one complains? If that is the case, then cool, I will want to do it as well!!! Miss Jewels do you think I can try that or should I abide by the rules and behave myself?

Edited by Miss Jewels
user name

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
Hi fellow bobbers

I wanted to write here, as my listings do say that a LKQ will be offered at buyers choice of course. If buyer wants to be refunded, by all means, we do not solicitate money from selling 1 thing and providing another. We have other platforms we sell on, ebay, amazon etc THUS item may be sold once purchase on bidorbuy and we warn all clients of same. We also sell privately and my family sell for me in London, + we have a network in China.

I do not know if this post is directed at my store, or any other, as I do see a lot of copying on bidorbuy with regards to wording etc.

We do not ever, place an auction of an item that is on offer on any other platform.

I do hope this helps, and welcome any feedback.

Have a awesome bidorbuy day!

Michelle

Referring too the bolded bit, your buyers seem to disagree - the first two negative feedbacks on your list are these:-

VALENTINES GIFT - GIRLS BEST FRIEND R63 130.00 1.02 Carat F/I1 Round Natural REAL DIAMOND IDEAL CUT

Comment:

Product specified in Auction was not the product that was received, had a significantly lower value (approx. 35% of value alluded product)

Response:

(13 Mar 2014)

Client has a ISO:9000 certified LAB generated cert for diamond, and is abusing the rating system, has not provided any proof and unwilling to resolve

R9,500.00

rated on 03 Mar 2014

by Quintusdutoit (0)

1.20 CARAT J/SI3 NATURAL ROUND SOLITAIRE DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING 14K W GOLD (R76 682)

Comment:

Not recomended!! Product was not what it was advertized

Response:

(05 Aug 2013)

Does not communicate "problem" with seller. Obviously keeping the ring? I wonder why

R11,200.00

rated on 04 Aug 2013

by DiscreetSmall.gif

Given that you welcome feedback, I'll go further and state that I would not buy from you. You have way too many negative ratings, and your response to those is aggressive and indicates an attitude that I'd rather avoid dealing with.

ECigAndMiscelSHOP    10
ECigAndMiscelSHOP
Referring too the bolded bit, your buyers seem to disagree - the first two negative feedbacks on your list are these:-

Given that you welcome feedback, I'll go further and state that I would not buy from you. You have way too many negative ratings, and your response to those is aggressive and indicates an attitude that I'd rather avoid dealing with.

I agree, I will not either. To much attitude and aggression.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Colin_P

I did not ask you to buy, and those buyers received their products and not LKQ. It takes a bit of understanding RE the above.

Gemology is not an exact science, and because they received a slightly different opinion everybody jumped the GUN. Not everybody (actually most) understands gemology.

Focusing of 31 neg ratings I received from buyers who did not want to resolve or receive their money back is not an issue.

I do have, 1142 happy clients against the 31 not happy, and 988 outside bidorbuy.

A business man / woman will gladly tell you, not everybody is willing to resolve as a client.

Please stop focusing on the "downfalls"

Have yourself a lovely day

Colin_P    10
Colin_P

You said that you welcomed feedback, but actually you're too defensive to listen to it. Your choice, but as I said before, I wont buy from you.

Oh, and by advertising your items for sale, you are actually inviting me to buy.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
You said that you welcomed feedback, but actually you're too defensive to listen to it. Your choice, but as I said before, I wont buy from you.

Oh, and by advertising your items for sale, you are actually inviting me to buy.

Yes ok, everyone is allowed to their own opinion, some educated, some not.

Cheers

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
Yes ok, everyone is allowed to their own opinion, some educated, some not.

Cheers

Thanks, I'm perfectly happy with my level of education, and further, I suggest that if you wish to insult me, you're going to have to try a lot harder than that. Blind unsubstantiated lashing out at someone is just so easy to dismiss.

Anyway, feel free to ignore objective feedback, and carry on as you are. It's not going affect my profit margins in anyway whatsoever.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Colin_P

If you feel offended please look in the mirror. I have asked BOB to have a look at this thread. You must be a competitor, the thread has nothing to do with me as a seller but you are using it to degrade a company I worked hard for. There is nothing aggressive in those replies and I have the right to defend what I sold as being certified and not something I made up.