Sign in to follow this  
arriwyks

R1-00 Auctions = Bad Ratings

arriwyks    10
arriwyks

What is it about the R1-00 paid promotions that always seem to attract the bad ratings?

:cry:

I always use to read the comments on the forum about R1-00 auctions resulting in the worst of ratings, headaches and issues, but I didn't heed the warnings of the other sellers who said: avoid R1-00 auctions like the plague, you will just get burned. I use to like the paid promotions, as you get so many hits on your listing, and can sell an item in no-time, and sometimes when you have something that is just gathering dust at home and not sure of the value, you can throw it on the R1-00 auction and see where it goes. Sometimes an item turns out to be more valuable and sought after than you thought it to be.

Well today I got burnt again with the ratings, and decided I will take the advice of others to stay away from paid promotions.

:disgusted:

Suddenly and unexpected, out of nowhere I received that dreaded notice we all despise: "you have received a negative rating".

It was for an item I sold months ago on the Crazy Wednesday R1-00 promotion. (Knives & Daggers - ***Beautiful Very Old Handmade Tribal Dagger*** was sold for R116.00 on 16 Apr at 22:16 by arriwyks in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:143990968))

What sent me over the the top was that buyer only left a one word comment with his negative rating: "rubbish"

It infuriated me that he just provided a rude one word comment that can mean anything, and that he took so long to provide a rating.

What is he trying to say? Was the item which is handmade not the same as in all the pictures and description? Did something break? Was the service poor? Or does he want to insult me?

:twisted:

At that very moment I just wanted to respond in the same manner as old Julius did that time with the BBC journalist, shouting: "Rubbish is what you have covered in that trouser. That is rubbish.", but luckily civility prevailed and I restrained myself.

Trying to understand his reason for the rating and comment before I contact him, I looked at the order and noticed that he won the auction on 16 April, then he did the payment on the 17th april and I managed to ship and provide a tracking number on the very same day as his payment, the 17th , the parcel arrived at his postoffice on the 25th of April and he collected it on the 26th of April. That means that he received his order in 8-days after he made payment, so the shipping can't be the issue.

I responded to the comment asking him to elaborate on his reason for the rating, and sent a very polite letter asking what went wrong and why was his expectations not met, offering him my assistance a full refund. I doubt he will respond, so I'll try calling his number too.

I am still pissed because I offered s money back guarantee of 7 days from receipt, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. :evil:

Why didn't he use it when he received the product , or contact me, or rate me when he collected his purchase, but instead waits 3 months, then rates negative with a rude and vague comment., this is a seasoned buyer not a newby.

So this is the affliction one must go through for using the paid promotion R1-auctions.

I think buyers who frequent these auctions see it as gambling, trying their luck on many listings and hoping to score big. This causes them to purchase many items they didn't really want, resulting in many SNC's and posting negative ratings to vent their frustrations, as buyers on buy now and regular listings usually bid on items that they want to buy.

Another theory I have, which is rather paranoid, is that it's actually rivalry between seller on the R1-00 auction when they see you as competing, they use their other profiles to do these things to discredit and annoy you, or they create a new profile and deliberately cause a SNC to get you out of the market. Or it may just be the behavior of the type of buyer that is attracted to R1-00 auctions.

Whatever the cause, I have learnt my lesson, had too many SNC's and absurd ratings so I will steer clear from R1-00 auctions in the future. :colbert:

ECigAndMiscelSHOP    10
ECigAndMiscelSHOP

Well I personally don't list any R1 listings.Why? Because if you think about it the answer is simple, it attracts mostly people ( and a huge amount of them) that want allot for less and expect the universe. Only serious buyers will buy an item from you at normal price because they want it and are most likely easier to satisfy if a problem arises. When people win R1.00 auctions they usually win and you loose both money and rating wise. I have seen allot of negative ratings for R1.00 auctions, so you sell cheap you get cheap ratings.

arriwyks    10
arriwyks

Ain't that the truth. The majority of buyers on R1-00 auctions doesn't even bother to rate the sellers when they receive the goods.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
Ain't that the truth. The majority of buyers on R1-00 auctions doesn't even bother to rate the sellers when they receive the goods.

The ones that pay the least complain the most :laugh:

arriwyks    10
arriwyks

It reminds me of the buyer who wins an auction for R1-00 then insist on collecting the item(witch was not an option), three months later when they go on vacation. They should be charged a daily storage fee.

I have never rated a seller negative on an item I won for low value. At one time I won a few Items for R1-00 and never received a tracking number or the goods, so I just contacted the seller and told him that I won't rate him negative for such a small amount, but that I didn't receive the goods. The seller was so grateful I contacted him, he apologized for the mess up and immediately sent the goods plus some nice extras because I has to wait. So if I had been rude and just passed a nasty comment and negative rating, I would still have lost out and not have anything to show for it.

arriwyks    10
arriwyks

Thank you community watch for resolving the issue! If only all companies in SA could provide such fast and efficient service as Bidorbuy does!