Sign in to follow this  
NooNooBug

Seller Communications

NooNooBug

Out of interest I would like to know from other Sellers if they communicate via the BoB channels on an order or directly via someones email address ? For awhile now I have wondered if buyers actually read the emails they receive via an order or if they ignore them ? I prefer to use via the BoB system so that if there are any queries at a later stage it is all there with the order. Also wondered how often you email your buyers on average? Do you send them an email immediately on receiving an order then again etc? I hate it if you get bombarded with emails, but also you do want to be kept up to date...anyone elses feelings?

Free Soul Styles

I do it all through BoB. Like you said "so that if there are any queries at a later stage it is all there with the order." I email once payment is confirmed to thank the buyer and give the tracking number, and if there's a strike i keep them updated and one more time when their parcel is ready to collect. I sometimes feel like a pain the bum sending so many emails, but at least no once can say that they didn't know about the strike or whatever reason.

I have noticed that some emails i send via BoB go to spam, so that's a problem sometimes.

moodTime

I do it all through BOB as well, no excuses that they did not receive correspondence as it is also saved on the buyers profile under their order. On average I e mail a buyer about 3 times per order, maybe more depending on circumstances. Generally I send the following: Confirmation and payment details, thank you once payment is made and tracking email.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I do it through bob, the same day the order comes in, send a reminder after day 3 and then another two after that 3 days apart, then the shipping email once shipped.

Not1CentMore

Everything through BoB (plus reminder day 5 when payment has not been received via Buyer's email). For example (this is the parcel that 'bounced' around SA Customs/JHB HUB for nearly 2-months):

04.18.14 - Winning email notification sent. PayPal request sent per Buyer request. (Special order)

04.18.14 - PayPal payment received.

04.18.14 - Order placed w/Source.

04.24.14 - Ready to ship.

04.24.14 - Shipping options/costs sent via email. Buyer replied with shipping preference.

04.25.14 - PayPal payment for shipping costs sent. Payment received.

04.26.14 - Shipped USPS First Class International Registered Insured RExxxxxxxxxUS. USPS email notifications set up. Please allow 6 - 8 wk delivery allowing for possible delays SA Customs. There may/may not be duties/taxes your side.

04.26.14 - Refund overpayment shipping costs via PayPal (Unique Transaction ID # xxxxxxxxx).

04.26.14 - 09:00AM - USPS acceptance

04.26.14 - 10:31AM - Dispatched to Sort Facility

04.28.14 - 09:41AM - Processed thru Sort Facility

04.28.14 - 11:12AM - Depart Sort Facility

05.01.14 - 06:15AM - Arrived Sort Facility New York

05.01.14 - 06.16AM - Processed thru Sort Facility New York

05.08.14 - 01:59AM - JHB INT MAIL CENTRE HUB

05.09.14 - 06:22AM - To Customs, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

05.26.14 - 08:31AM - In transit, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

06.12.14 - 02:54AM - From Customs, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

06.15.14 - 08:50AM - In transit JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

06.25.14 - At Office - FOURWAYS NORTH First Notification to recipient

06.26.14 - Delivered

I feel communication with my Buyer is vital... every step of the way and should there be an 'issue', there is documentation for BoB to review.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

arriwyks

I do everything through bob, but I also send a direct email to their address for important notices. I find it convenient to send instant messages using bob on my mobile device, and it leaves a paper trail wit Bob should a dispute arise.

first I send them a "congratulations for winning bid" message directly after the auction closes, this message include a reminder that they have to complete the checkout online with Bob and select a shipping and payment option to complete the order, informing them that item will ship once payment is confirmed, and also offering assistance and promoting communication etc.

If they pay immediately, I send another thank you message informing them when the parcel will ship, and I give them a positive raring.

Once I have shipped, I send another message with the tracking number explaining the process and tracking and requesting they should contact me if they experience any problems and if they are not satisfied with the item. (I also send this directly to their email)

If they don't pay immediately, I wait 48 hrs and send a friendly reminder that I am ready to ship their purchase, and I'm just waiting for the payment to show so that I can go to the post office.

Then I wait for another 48 hrs and send another friendly reminder. via Bob and email.

After another 48Hrs I will send them another reminder via Bob and email, this time I explain the SNC process and the reason, and offer to accommodate them if they need more time or assistance.

If they don't reply within 48 Hrs, I try to call them and if I still have no reply or payment, I proceed with SNC

NooNooBug

Thanx for all the feedback, it is interesting to see that most of use use BoB Communications, for some reason I thought many used direct ! I feel the BoB system is in place to make it easier & for all the comms for an order to be in one place should you need to refer back. I think I will continue as before with a few tweeks with my comms. Have always sent out a reminder on day 4 if no payment made, with no mention of an SNC as I found that some people took it as a threat eventhough the wording was careful and such as to explain the need for the SNC, so decided to remove it from the courtesy message ! Sometimes one just gets busy & it can slip your mind to make a payment so i opt for the gentle reminder, though often your gut tells you this is going to be one of those ones !