Sign in to follow this  
ysman

TAKEALOT has unethical busness practice?

ysman    10
ysman

I am very unhappy about TAKEALOT. Please see the complaint laid against them, and tell me whether you have had a similar problem or if I am unfair in laying a complaint? :colbert:

I bought a game from them now Order : 7652795, and they tell me there is no stock, very unprofessional of them to advertise an item and there is not stock. Now they want to refund me, and I must inconvenience myself by supplying them info, having to use 'my credit' on THEIR profile they created about of me?? Does not work that way.

What is most shocking, is that in 2012, I tried to buy the exact same game on Order: 5323030, and they told me the same shitty story! I filed an SNC and complained, and they played the stalling game with me, giving excuses about stock and blah blah. Poor service!

What's more, is that they kept advertising, and the price of the game was suddenly much more??! They played me and to me it seemed that they were dishonest, and had made a mistake on the price, and intentionally inconvenienced me to finally give up on getting the item, and submit to filling out an SNC!!

I will never again trust their sales and hereby insist that you please initiate an investigation.

I will not accept their refund or credit. THEY BETTER FIND THE GAME, AND POST IT TO ME ASAP. I don't care if the bloody boss of TAKEALOT goes and buys it at a mall at a loss.

Who else has had this??????

Edited by qball
Removed profanity

CardinaJewels    10
CardinaJewels

I tend to disagree with your sentiments, Takealot have always given great service to me, For a company of their size i can imagine how difficult it is to accurately keep up to date with stock considering in most cases selling on their website and bid or buy does not integrate and so items need to be constantly checked. If they do not have stock they need to refund you and yes do agree that the listing needs to be removed, But refusing your refund is only going to delay you getting your money back and does not affect them, they are under no obligation to source and provide the item to you. If you know that you can get your game in the mall then why have you waited for 2 years and not gone to buy it there.

MattAv    10
MattAv

Hi Ysman,

Thanks for informing us. We will contact Takealot to find out why they cannot supply you with the product. I have requested that they contact to you so we can solve this problem.

Kind Regards,

Matt

BABADAUD    10
BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

Pearl25    10
Pearl25

I tend to agree with Ysman. On 15 December 2016 I placed an order for 20 books,with Takealot. After receiving payment confirmation and a delivery date, I asked to collect myself because I needed the books before Christmas. I was told - 2 hours later, that the books had already been shipped and could not be reversed. Only later to be informed that nothing can be done, I cannot cancel. Later the same day I was told that they only had 5 books in stock and these were already with the courier. Fifteen were cancelled and I had to give my banking details for a refund, which has not happened up to now. Yesterday, Sunday, 18/12/2016; I received a call from Takealot with an apology that the 5 books had not left their warehouse and would only be dispatched today, 19/12/2016. She also informed me that my refund was done wrong and that she would rectify in the morning. I tried to track my order and the information that comes up is contradictory to what I have been told. I again made a call and was given even more excuses. I have no confidence in Takealot.com at all.