Sign in to follow this  
Lee54

SNC - Confused!!!

Lee54    10
Lee54

I am a new member to the bid or buy team and I am still learning how to use this system. I wanted to buy an item but then decided against it during the purchase process, but there was no option to cancel the order. I left it, hoping to return and see a 'cancel' option but none was available. I did not know what to do so I left it again, hoping the system had an automatic expiration on payments not made within a certain period of time.

Now, a few weeks later I receive notice that I have a SNC against me. Firstly, I was never made aware of the consequences of not completing a purchase and I never received any 'warning' emails like I had for other items. I don't know how to cancel or respond to the SNC because every time I try to I simply get redirected to a page telling me what a SNC is, but not how to respond to it as a buyer. I fear the consequences as I don't quite understand what they entail.

I feel extremely wronged as I did not receive warning or notification of any of this until it was too late, and now I don't know how to fix it.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum.

An SNC means Sale not Concluded, it is the only means by which a seller can get a refund of the commission paid to bidorbuy for the sale.

You can't really fix it as such, but you can send an email to the seller explaining the situation and requesting nicely that they not give you a negative rating as a new buyer, a neutral would be appropriate in this situation in my opinion.

According to the CPA, you are entitled to cancel a sale, if it was an auction, the route to take would be to ask the seller to delete the bid while the auction runs.

The only possible "bad" consequence could be that the seller will give you a negative rating, but hopefully the seller would not do this.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Hi Lee !

As VLD above has said, you cannot really undo the SNC, but on the SNc notification from BoB you should be able to respond to it. I have not "viewed" it from your side before so cannot say what the wording is but there should be something to the effect of "appeal the SNC". Obviously you do not want to actually appeal as such because you wanted to cancel but this would be the place to respond stating your story. Just went to the Help pages and this is an extract

"...You can appeal by following the link contained in the email notification OR you can log into your bidorbuy account, select the Buying tab and then click on All Items Bought or Won. Here you will find the option to respond to the SNC filed. Alternatively, go to the SNC section under the Buying tab, at the bottom right hand corner of the page. There you will find a list of all your pending and completed SNCs..."

So I would imagine you need to just follow these steps and state your case to BoB aswell as to email the seller with your situation. PS If in future you have a similar situation it would be best to email or contact the seller to cancel the sale asap, after which they will file an SNC on day 7 to get their fees back, the reason on the SNC would then probably read " Buyer & Seller agree to cancel" then you wont get a negative. Hope you manage to sort something out.