Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

What The Bleep....

Not1CentMore

A parcel was shipped 04.26.14 USPS 1st Class International Registered. Once parcel clears US Customs, I cannot track using this service (1st Class International Registered) via usps.com, but can track, once it arrives in SA via parceltrack.co.za:

In transit 2014/05/26 08:31 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

To Customs 2014/05/09 06:22 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Incoming International 2014/05/08 01:59 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

....and hasn't moved an inch. Buyer has been 'burning up the phone' and was told JHB has it 'somewhere', but not sure where. He even went to his Post Office (JHB) and cannot get an answer.

(Seems a tad 'fishy' as another parcel, posted 05.22.14, same service, was delivered 06.07.14 - JHB to Worcester to ..... for delivery.)

Who do WE contact to resolve?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

Thanks a heap.

Ruthie

NooNooBug

Ruthie perhaps the MIA parcel has to go through Witspos ! They are once again on go slow ! I don't think they EVER work properly there ! The Worcester parcel goes to through Capemail where we have far less issues then up north !

CardinaJewels
A parcel was shipped 04.26.14 USPS 1st Class International Registered. Once parcel clears US Customs, I cannot track using this service (1st Class International Registered) via usps.com, but can track, once it arrives in SA via parceltrack.co.za:

In transit 2014/05/26 08:31 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

To Customs 2014/05/09 06:22 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Incoming International 2014/05/08 01:59 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

....and hasn't moved an inch. Buyer has been 'burning up the phone' and was told JHB has it 'somewhere', but not sure where. He even went to his Post Office (JHB) and cannot get an answer.

(Seems a tad 'fishy' as another parcel, posted 05.22.14, same service, was delivered 06.07.14 - JHB to Worcester to ..... for delivery.)

Who do WE contact to resolve?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Ruthie

I am not sure if it will help for USPS but try using this site for tracking, recently they integrated SA post office and it is shows international and local tracking details, To get the local tracking number in SA one would still need to call customs but for the most part I find this site reflects parcels movement even on the international tracking number. ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING

Not1CentMore

Seems the parcel is being held 'hostage' in Customs and an invoice is required (sent this AM)... even though that information is already on the affixed Customs Declaration Form. Now, why couldn't 'they' have just said that to begin with?

Fingers crossed the info on the invoice will suffice and soon the parcel will be on the way to my Buyer.

(Thanks again, Cali. Email sent to Monica last evening and a reply received this morning before my first cup of coffee.)

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Not1CentMore

NooNooBug... the parcel is to be delivered in Fourways North. Not sure how far 'off the beaten path' that is from Customs, but still, one would 'think' someone should have told my Buyer an invoice was required in one of his many phone calls and not 'it is somewhere, but not sure where'.

CardinaJewels... thank-you. I will bookmark this site. It is especially helpful as I can enter the tracking number, scroll down and click on 'track' and it shows everything from location/date/time the parcel was deposited with USPS to current status.

Again, thanks for the info. It has been most helpful.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi Ruthie

Re the invoice required by customs - a notification slip / document will be forwarded to the buyer by the department as soon as they process the parcel informing them (the buyer) that there is a parcel for them that can only be released once the invoice has been supplied - usually by the buyer! It is rarely (if ever) that the seller must provide this invoice before the parcel gets sent on to the buyer.

As I buy most of my stock for the shop from overseas, I trace my incoming parcels and as soon at the parcel is at Witspos or CapeMail, I email the invoice to customs before they can even send the notification document! This speeds up the process considerably.

Not1CentMore

Cali... The email I received from Monica this morning read: "This item is with Customs there is an invoice required please fax the invoice to..." and then a phone number. Unable to fax, I replied to Monica's email with invoice attached. I also forwarded her email to my Buyer, again with invoice attached, so he could fax to the number provided.

Track.jpg.d2c27e52990948981aa91ea5279040ef.jpg

Twenty-one days between second and last scan and two weeks since last scan. That seems like a long time on 'hold'.

Ruthie

NooNooBug

Twenty-one days between second and last scan and two weeks since last scan. That seems like a long time on 'hold'...

/QUOTE]

Ah yes Ruthie ! You forget we are on AFrican Time ! Glad you have at least "located" the parcel ! Lets hope it can now get moving again !!

Not1CentMore
Lets hope it can now get moving again.

2014-06-12 02:54, From Customs, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Not sure if leaving Customs or.... but at least 'something' has changed.

Received email back from my Buyer and he will fax the invoice and follow through his side.... he has been a 'jewel'; so patient. Maybe Monica 'worked magic' or Customs received Buyer's fax while I was 'watching the inside of my eyelids'. Keeping fingers crossed.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

This is beyond the crazy dome!

Parcel has been in 'transit' for 2-months as of the 26th June. It has been in/out of SA Customs and in/out JHB HUB since 08th May. One big loop.

2014-06-15 08:50, In transit, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2014-05-26 08:31, In transit, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2014-05-09 06:22, To Customs, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2014-05-08 01:59, Incomming International, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

Last email from Monica (after providing copy of invoice) was dated 06.17, "...cleared Customs 06/14 and will be forwarded to local post office today or latest tomorrow"... and it still 'sits'. Buyer sent an email saying he also had provided Customs with a copy of the invoice and has 'raised a official complaint'... and it still 'sits'.

Have had a handful of parcels (five or six) delayed in SA Customs these last nearly 10-years, but NEVER for two months.

The Post Office to where it is to be delivered is in JHB. Granted, JHB is a large City, but goodness gracious... surely the HUB and delivery address is somewhat closer in distance than from the Earth to the Moon. Good grief, coulda strapped the parcel to the back of a snail and got it there faster.

Suggestions?

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

wayjen

Geewhizz Ruthie, this is going on long enough now, I think it's time to go to a higher person. I would try and find someone above Monica to investigate and to physically go and collect this parcel from wherever it is. Someone is playing silly buggers there and it would not be a surprise to me if some underhanded dealings are going on.

A rather pathetic state of affairs and the matter needs some serious investigation.

Not1CentMore

Yes, Wayne, this has gone on far too long. Other parcels requiring an invoice were 'zipped through' and delivered in less than 2-weeks.

Who is higher up on the 'food chain'? Anyone... contact info, please (email addy).

Thanks.

Ruthie

wayjen

Monica has someone above her for sure.

Not1CentMore
Monica has someone above her for sure.

Dunno who is in charge of checking into this 'fine kettle of fish'... or if anyone Customs/SAPO is or even if anyone really give's a 'rat's backside'.

Sent an email to an addy found SAPO website (Customer Service JHB) and the reply:

Email from Shadi Motshoane, email from Granny Msimango and email from Motlatsi Motshidi (did he forward to them?) with nothing more than a link to: The South African Post Office Disclaimer.

It's official. I am getting the run-around... and the parcel still sits:

2014-06-15 08:50, In transit, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2014-05-26 08:31, In transit, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2014-05-09 06:22, To Customs, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

2014-05-08 01:59, Incomming International, JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB)

My Buyer went to his Post Office Thursday last and after a 'heated' discussion, he was assured that the parcel would arrive by today at his Post Office. Yep, I see that happened.

Does anyone have a contact that can actually find out what the blue blazes is going on? Someone who can give a straight-up-straight answer?

Thanks.

Ruthie

wayjen

I wonder if they will contact me because what i said on their Facebook wall.