Sign in to follow this  
arriwyks

A case of adding insult to injury by ungrateful buyer

arriwyks

:cry: I recently sold some authentic Lifeproof accessories (Apple iPhone - ***iPhone4s Lifproof Accessories*** was sold for R1.00 on 9 Apr at 22:01 by arriwyks in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:143273547) ) on the R1-00 paid promotion. The combined value of the items were worth over R1000-00, I even added the links to these accessories at the Lifeproof online shop, anyways the auction didn't go my way and only one bid was received for R1-00. So this was a complete loss to me and the buyer probably won one of the biggest bargains on Bob R1-00 for R1000+ goods. I honoured the auction and shipped fast and cut my losses, and I had almost forgotten that bad experience when a couple of weeks later I receive a negative a neutral rating with comments" not what I've expected" I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. So I replied to buyer and offered them even more than a full refund, I offered to buy back the goods they had purchased for R100-00, but no response, My messages and email must have alerted her to the bargain she had won, and I cannot get any response to my communication, and no change in the rating or comments LOL.

Then came my second bad rating experience, I recently sold a new watch for a bargain on Snap Friday, and whilst I was doing the packaging, I decided add something extra as I often do, as a surprise and to say thank you for the order, and this time I had a working used Fossil watch face without a strap, that was lying around and marked it "Free Gift" .

The shipment went very fast and a few days later I get a negative rating stating that the Free Gift is broken. Nowhere had I stated in my listing that there is a free gift or something extra, yet the buyer complains about this item he had not pay for or expected. So much for trying to add to the customer experience, some people are just generally unhappy with everything even that which they get for free or at an incredible bargain and they just rate negative no matter what..I wish Bob could make the rating like Ebay's where you have rate different aspects of the product and service, but I'm not sure it will make different as they will just give everything 1 star and negative overall.:disgusted:

Free Soul Styles

You have offered to assist them. It's not like you told them to bugger off or ignored them.

If they don't want the refund or even try to come to some agreement then there isn't really much you can do other that appeal the rating.

The neutral is bogus. What was she expecting? Your description was clear as to what is used, new and what is included. The negative rating is a little bit right (sorry), just looking at it and the description shows as "new" but it's not. You did show the damage at the back, so you were not hiding it. I would suggest only using your own images, that way no one can say you did not show the damages.

Email BoB and see if they can assist you. Good Luck!

arriwyks

BoB have assisted me as always with speedy service. I still find it funny that the lady who won R1000-00 goods for R1 can be unhappy, I believe she has me confused with another seller.

NooNooBug
BoB have assisted me as always with speedy service. I still find it funny that the lady who won R1000-00 goods for R1 can be unhappy, I believe she has me confused with another seller.

Could be...if you look at the ratings she gave to the seller previous to yours which also was for LifeProof Cases, its the same !

Little Miss Muffet

Getting no response to communication ,I find, is the height of bad manners.

I detest it when buyers ignore communication especially when trying to resolve a matter.

I see that person as a stubborn ,controlling individual

Lack of response to communication is the height of bad manners

Free Soul Styles
Could be...if you look at the ratings she gave to the seller previous to yours which also was for LifeProof Cases, its the same !

Or she's just the kind of person who will always complain.

DrMobile

MY two Cents worth.... I have been having a simiar problem with these auctions. I have a lot of things I wanted to clear that I never use, so I lusted these items as 1R -Auctions... I have people complain about the goods they purchased on the auction when I supplied exactly what it is and I provide in the description that the items are USED... They still find fault... Why bid if you going to cause people grief... I have decided rather to take the stuff down to cash converters or better still to a charity and donate it to them rather, than go to this effort. I really have had endless problems and not sure how to get it done right... I wonder how the people that sell "high Value" items - what their experience are? Perhaps its all Psychological.. Expectations Theory

Vinyl Lady Decals

I have noticed that buyers seem to expect the world for R1.00 on the crazy auctions.

I used to sell on these auctions, but now I don't bother as I have found that buyers on the normal auctions and buy nows are much more reasonable, there are very seldom any complaints.

arriwyks

That's true, I guess on the R1-00 auction you get a lot of people wanting something for nothing and trying their luck with any item, not a specific item really want. But then again you get many more views in the 1-00 auctions and your item gets sold so much faster.

arriwyks
MY two Cents worth.... I have been having a simiar problem with these auctions. I have a lot of things I wanted to clear that I never use, so I lusted these items as 1R -Auctions... I have people complain about the goods they purchased on the auction when I supplied exactly what it is and I provide in the description that the items are USED... They still find fault... Why bid if you going to cause people grief... I have decided rather to take the stuff down to cash converters or better still to a charity and donate it to them rather, than go to this effort. I really have had endless problems and not sure how to get it done right... I wonder how the people that sell "high Value" items - what their experience are? Perhaps its all Psychological.. Expectations Theory

I guess with high value items, you attract a buyer that's more serious about what they want, and makes sure they know what they are bidding on before they place a bid, so there is less room for disappointment,

mrmouse
I guess with high value items, you attract a buyer that's more serious about what they want, and makes sure they know what they are bidding on before they place a bid, so there is less room for disappointment,
Haha not allways a while back i sold a virtually new boxed tablet pc ,customer complained to bob that its damaged and doesnt work , when i got it back it had been formatted ,the glass lens had been removed with a screwdriver leaving marks all around the bezel ,the wifi board was loose and the battery wire was broken off ,i refunded him , a really arrogant buyer , and dropped it in the bin.

voldermort
I have noticed that buyers seem to expect the world for R1.00 on the crazy auctions.

I used to sell on these auctions, but now I don't bother as I have found that buyers on the normal auctions and buy nows are much more reasonable, there are very seldom any complaints.

Isnt that the truth....also tried the crazy auctions back in the day & learned my lesson well - will far rather stay with normal listings - on top of giving your stuff away for nothing you have buyers complaining about items purchased for R1.00. Reminds me a few months back Cape Town Library were giving away books for free (books that had never been issued so were really almost new) & I kid you not, there were people complaining that some books had scuff marks....

NooNooBug

There is no pleasing some people !

arriwyks

The buyer must be reading the forums as she just edited her Neutral rating to positive and apologised.