Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Soliciting via Q&A

Not1CentMore

It is said, "It pays to advertise", but...

Sending a message via Q&A to one Seller from another Seller (identifying info deleted):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5095[/ATTACH]

Imagine if every Seller checked out every 'like' / 'similar' item he/she has listed and sent a message to each of those Sellers asking if they would be interested in such-and-such; check out my listings.

Firstly, IMHO, this is not / would not be in 'good taste' and secondly, is it even allowed?

Ruthie

wayjen

With that amount of sales and a big gold star next to their name, they should know better then to break the rules unless the ratings were gathered by breaking the rules.

NooNooBug

Yes Ruthie I think that IS in bad taste and surely isn't allowed !

BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

NooNooBug

Yesterday I perused the Wednesday Specials; as one does.

I placed about a dozen bids with good sellers, max total about R2,000.00.

I lost count of the number of sellers (never mind the items on offer) which I passed by on account of high delivery charges and bad & irresponsible terms & conditions.

Mentally reviewing those items I can recall, I estimate my total bids would have been in the region of about R30,000. ...QUOTE]

mmm Food for thought.

Question...when you came across these items with excessive shipping costs did you report them? I think we all need to take a few extra minutes to do this and think of it as protecting or own BoB platform for the future. I know that it is a pain at times (I a sure BoB staff would agree) but if we don't point these out then BoB cannot keep track of the repeat offenders.

SADiamondsrus

"I lost count of the number of sellers (never mind the items on offer) which I passed by on account of high delivery charges and bad & irresponsible terms & conditions."

I agree, I would be a bigger bidder if the shipping costs stayed shipping costs which I am familiar with (e.g. R22.00 SAPO economail that is charged R60 and R20 each additional item even though all items wont be more than 1kg)

Then there is "handling Costs"

Yep, sure.