Sign in to follow this  
retieaa

SNC - wrong information

retieaa    10
retieaa

I do not want to name sellers but a SNC was now twice filed against me although the information given was not correct.

The seller could, in both instances not deliver the goods, and the buyer paid immediately after being awarded the bid.

I think it is unfair of a seller filing an SNC in such a case.

wayjen    10
wayjen
I do not want to name sellers but a SNC was now twice filed against me although the information given was not correct.

The seller could, in both instances not deliver the goods, and the buyer paid immediately after being awarded the bid.

I think it is unfair of a seller filing an SNC in such a case.

Is the buyer and you one and the same person?

The way you worded your post, it sounds like two buyers are involved here. The information you have supplied here is too little for anyone to comment but you can ask BoB to look into it.

RISadler    10
RISadler

"SNC" stands for Sale Not Concluded. If the seller cannot deliver the the goods, then an SNC is in order. However, the wording used by BoB in the messages sent is kind of heavy-handed. This is further compounded if the seller picks the wrong reason for filing the SNC.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Some sellers tend to file the SNC if they want to cancel the sale because they did not get the price they wanted on the auction item. The buyer then rates them negatively for it, and the seller files the SNC as "buyer and seller agreed to cancel the sale".... Which is not the case. I've seen it a few times and people have complained about it on the forum before. If you are not prepared to start an auction at R1, then do not complain if you get a lower price for whatever it is.

RISadler    10
RISadler
Some sellers tend to file the SNC if they want to cancel the sale because they did not get the price they wanted on the auction item.

I've always wondered why it is not possible for buyers to also file an SNC when sellers do this.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

It would be a good idea. But like the issues with sellers filing wrongful SNC's, can you imagine all the bogus SNC's that would be filed by buyers?! Especially buyers with a chip on their shoulders! No thanks. Besides, at the end of the day it's just easier to email BoB to sort out the issues and just file logical, legit SNC's.