Sign in to follow this  
extreme_it

BoB Success Fee Calculation

extreme_it    10
extreme_it

Hi

I'm just wondering if the success fee will be calculated based on the VAT exclusive price of the item if the listing clearly states that the item price is VAT inclusive and a tax invoice will be sent to the buyer?

Thanks

---------------------

Never mind.. I looked around al little (should have done that before asking the question).... BoB charge success fee on the value of the listing regardless if it was including or excluding vat.. then if you are vat registered, you print your tax invoice from your seller account in "Invoices And Statements" and then you can retrieve that vat on the fee. After deducting the vat form the fee, the balance would be only a little bit higher than the fee that should have been paid for that same listing if it was listed at a price excluding vat...

I don't how clear (or correct) is what I explained but if someone else has a better explanation, you are most welcome to express it.

Thanks

Edited by extreme_it

RISadler    10
RISadler

Interesting ... I wonder if it would be possible for BoB to take into account those of you who are VAT registered.

Russalpcs    10
Russalpcs

Well - I claim their success fees' as input VAT , so does it matter?

RISadler    10
RISadler

Me? I've been deducting the success fees as "commission paid" ... and SARS hasn't thrown a hissy-fit about it ... yet. :whistling::worried:

extreme_it    10
extreme_it
Well - I claim their success fees' as input VAT , so does it matter?

Doesn't that mean that then at the end of the month you will be paying vat for that input value?

Me? I've been deducting the success fees as "commission paid" ... and SARS hasn't thrown a hissy-fit about it ... yet. :whistling::worried:

I think you are right coz ASAIK you don't get charged vat on commission.