Sign in to follow this  
CardinaJewels

Flaw in BoB Pay system

CardinaJewels

I have found a slight flaw in the BoB pay system, it has happened to us twice now, If a buyer checks out using EFT options but then proceeds to rather use cash deposit as a payment method then it will reflect on your payment as a green tick everything is fine but if you are not careful and check how the payment was received then you wont notice you had a R16.50 debited from your account. The buyer gets away with not paying the cash deposit fee and we as the sellers are paying it without realizing.

It has happened to us from 2 different buyers now, the one buyer I missed it the 1st time they did it and so we ran that loss. Anycase i am pretty sure other sellers have had it happen to them and just do not notice because the sale looks 100% paid and in order.

Would appreciate any feedback from the BoB team, maybe if a cash deposit is done when it is meant to be a EFT to rather use an alert icon and not the green paid tick

Cali Craft and Gems

Happened to us a few times already! Thank heavens I check my account page on BoB frequently and managed to pick up the cash deposit (instead of EFT) before the parcel went out!

The most recent time this happened, I messaged the buyer pointing out their possible oversight of the fees and that the parcel would only be sent out when the difference had been paid. I received a message in return stating that if I refused to send out the parcel that they would contact BoB and charge me with theft as in their opinion, I was not allowed to withhold their parcel for any reason!

RISadler

Problem is that the buyer then goes and deposits the R16.50 into the Bobpay system as cash ... resulting in an automatic deduction of R16.50 for the "cash deposit" fee. :confused:

But my question is, as what can we deduct this fee from our income tax. It is not "commission paid", nor is it "banking fees" (as BoB is not a bank)?